Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-13-2007, 08:25 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Content?

I think we should have some... or possibly some screenshots, or plans on what to expect. Good Idea I say.
Edit: This content I speak of does not have anything to do with events.

Last edited by jacob_bald6225; 05-13-2007 at 09:02 PM..
Old 05-13-2007, 08:41 PM
Minoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud ofMinoc has much to be proud of
I really don't understand why it's still called "Classic". :[
Old 05-13-2007, 08:50 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minoc View Post
I really don't understand why it's still called "Classic". :[
Because when there was the reset they decided to change the name back because if you do that then there will be a surge of new players thinking it is something new?
Old 05-13-2007, 08:52 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
I'd like some Old content...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 05-13-2007, 09:25 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
Because when there was the reset they decided to change the name back because if you do that then there will be a surge of new players thinking it is something new?
They should rename it to OLDSKOOL ADVENTURES
Old 05-14-2007, 09:24 AM
soulwazza is on a distinguished road
soulwazza 4 unban .

i readded Destiny , Avalon , Moonlit Lake Area, Chris Killems and a few other levels here and there + i made the snowtown hehe.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:40 AM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
Why aren't they using the base of the old 1.26 levels?
If they fix every broken NPC there...the REALLY broken I mean.
I played that together with my brother for about a month! editing the baddy spawn at some hidden village to keep farming gold to finally buy that awesome horse!
Old 05-14-2007, 05:44 PM
Psionic Youth
*groan* Not this argument again...
"Graal was best when it was Pachuka's old-and-forbidden levels!"
"No, Graal was best when it was Gerudo Desert and Onett Town and Northern Limits and everything was copyright-infringementopia!"
"No, Graal was best right before Tyhm got a hold of it and started assembling the map into a cohesive whole, just after Antago added Destiny and Ragnarok added Avalon."
"No, Graal was best when Tyhm was just started, after Eagan revamped CC and Floydian did the islands, but before he assembled all the quests into a tenuous storyline and removed all those fullhearts."
"No, Graal was best right after Tyhm left when Com013 made Dragon Island"

We're never gonna agree on it, and the nature of Graal is such that we can't very well upload every version...I tried such compromises during the shockedfrog debates and the Xmas/Graal2000 attempts. The results were:
1) If you're going to have the Old Levels, you have to remove the New Levels. Otherwise you split the playerbase. "My Version" has to be the Only Version, or it isn't really Classic, just Another Playerworld.
2) If you're going to try and put them both up, don't. There can only be one Graal Castle; if you put them next to each other it'll be confusing, and if you modify the original in any way to accomodate the new one (especially by moving the old one) it will lose all value as The Original Level.
3) Under no circumstances try and archive the old levels through a Silmaria warp somewhere. You won't do it right; see the previous two reasons. It'll either split the playerbase or it'll be a poor reproduction.

It depresses me. If Classic were mine to do over again, I think I'd start with a blank slate and add features from each version. That way nobody could claim I ruined Level 13 by right of it's clearly not Level 13, it's a reconstruction of the same.
I'd probably even plot an event around it too. Have the old world nuked by a new government of Lunarians, then remove them from the continuity, all save that rebel group of explorers and the colony in CC. All the players on Old Classic trying to survive as levels are torn asunder, holding off the invaders long enough for the scientists to use the Graals to transport as much of their world onto a new planet...

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck

Old 05-14-2007, 10:41 PM
Doctor Who?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
*groan* Not this argument again...
"Graal was best when it was Pachuka's old-and-forbidden levels!"
"No, Graal was best when it was Gerudo Desert and Onett Town and Northern Limits and everything was copyright-infringementopia!"
"No, Graal was best right before Tyhm got a hold of it and started assembling the map into a cohesive whole, just after Antago added Destiny and Ragnarok added Avalon."
"No, Graal was best when Tyhm was just started, after Eagan revamped CC and Floydian did the islands, but before he assembled all the quests into a tenuous storyline and removed all those fullhearts."
"No, Graal was best right after Tyhm left when Com013 made Dragon Island"
No, Graal was obviously the best when they removed all the content from it and put nothing fun or entertaining (Besides events) online for 2+ years.
Old 05-14-2007, 11:05 PM
shutup ctrl+s
syltburk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to syltburk Send a message via AIM to syltburk Send a message via Yahoo to syltburk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
I'd like some Old content...
I'd like all old quests. Actually ALL the old content.
Old 05-15-2007, 02:19 AM
Psionic Youth
As I understand it, their aim is to bring back everything everyone ever liked about Classic all in one server. A noble pursuit; I don't think they'll ever be able to get people content with any single version of Graal Castle, Level13, etc., but it'd be nice to have every quest ever brought back online.
The trouble, of course, is priorities. They always get distracted by some Awesome Huge thing, like This massive release (if I manage to finish it before I lose interest/quit/get fired) will revolutionize and redefine Classic, it'll have all the quests at once, etc.; and we're all How about just Newbie House? Maybe Kull's? All we need is baddies and movement, right? Then I can make the Gerudo Fort quest for you again, and most of CC? That was all really simple after all...

Old 05-15-2007, 03:17 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225 View Post
Edit: This content I speak of does not have anything to do with events.
DC and I are busy making some new events right now!
Old 05-15-2007, 05:28 AM
Luda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud ofLuda has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Luda
woooooopieeee doooooo events yet again, classic sucks.
Old 05-15-2007, 06:38 AM
Psionic Youth
My favorite are the big events that resonate throughout eternity.

Like the invasion of Destiny. Even if you missed the big event, you could always relive it in the aftermath.

I think Supernick really "captured" it, even though he bulldozed NL to do it...

Old 05-15-2007, 08:26 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
I used to like to go on 'Classic' and play all of the well-designed quests and sidequests. The thing that made it so great was that it was the only server on Graal that actually resembled something akin to a "finished" game, which is something to gawk at in retrospect. I think that reverting the server way back to a time in the genesis of its development and then being fickle about it is pretty foolish.

I'd really like it if someone hadn't done that.