Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 05:32 PM
iphone era sad litle mads
Felix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to beholdFelix_Xenophobe is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Felix_Xenophobe
Quote:
Originally Posted by bloodykiller View Post
wow so having 100 fiber wouldn't help me? i'm trying to change but won't i go down to 150ms atleast?
nop
Originally Posted by Tashkin
I have done 10x the amount any previous EA has done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
What you need is Zone Police again.
Old 03-30-2012, 12:08 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
that's dumb..i'm not sure about that though cuz i went to my uni's internet once (ik it's prolly 300-500 and not 100) and i was getting 110-130ping.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:14 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
that's dumb..i'm not sure about that though cuz i went to my uni's internet once (ik it's prolly 300-500 and not 100) and i was getting 110-130ping.
Games like Graal don't use a lot of bandwidth; latency is going to be the biggest problem. Upgrading your line speed might help a little but it's typically not going to make a huge difference.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:19 AM
Era since 2005
bloodykiller is infamous around these partsbloodykiller is infamous around these parts
idk i only logged on once from the uni internet and the ping was rly low and i was even on wireless..it's a huge university so they have this rly pro internet in the library (using the laptop i always use to play era)
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
idk i only logged on once from the uni internet and the ping was rly low and i was even on wireless..it's a huge university so they have this rly pro internet in the library (using the laptop i always use to play era)
But that's an entirely different connection. If you upgrade your internet the information is still being sent along the same lines, thus the chances of your line quality being upgraded is minimal.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:23 AM
WEREDUCK
Knux will become famous soon enough
Quote:
lately the server has been lagging a LOT (for everyone, not just me). it's not a ping-related lag, it simply lags for like 5seconds whilst maybe ur shooting someone and being shot at. only after that time the hits are recorded. this has been happening every day constantly for like a month or so..

as many of u guys remember, about a year ago the server was moved from east coast usa to west coast usa. the server change was a downgrade since the ppl on the west coast had very little benefits and the ppl on the east coast started lagging like hell (some americans run at 100-150ping), as well as penalising europeans a lot: my lag used to go down to 150, now it's minimum is 190 but i'm usually averaging ****ing 250ms which really sicks, i invite any of u to try pking with such a high lag. i pay for a 8mega internet and average 6-7mega download speed: it's an average connection which works perfect with any other game..i don't get host on COD but i'm always on a 4bar (4 out of 4) connection.

i realise that Tim and the era staff team can't do anything (although i don't exclude that the lags we've been seeing lately are caused by the change of gmap), so i invite the global staff team (in specific unixmad and stefan who actually have the power to give us a decent server like we once used to have) to do something about this. give us the server of zodiac or some other game where ping is not as crucial as as on era..and preferably on the east coast, if it's not gonna be in europe
Wait Texas is west coast?

Supporter of G2K1 revision. Even though it never will be what it was..
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 AM
Era since 2005
my bad, i assumed it was west coast cuz it used to be on the east coast and when it was moved everyone was saying it was on the west coast now