Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: How old are you?
13 or under 4 2.99%
14 1 0.75%
15 15 11.19%
16 12 8.96%
17 16 11.94%
18 16 11.94%
19 - 21 48 35.82%
22-29 15 11.19%
30-39 1 0.75%
40 or older 6 4.48%
Voters: 134. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-23-2007, 02:46 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Am I the only one that sees "105 voters"? I didn't know we had that many active posters...o_O!
Old 02-23-2007, 07:58 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
Am I the only one that sees "105 voters"? I didn't know we had that many active posters...o_O!
I don't think we have that many...but a lot of people do come on every once in awhile.

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 02-23-2007, 10:13 PM
Out of the Night...
Zorro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Zorro Send a message via AIM to Zorro
I will be 23 next month. I was I think 14 or 15 when I started graal though.

Old 02-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
I'm glad this poll got a lot of voters. It proves at least somewhat that the majority of at least the forumgoers are 18 or older. (even if a handful of people lied)

Maybe we'll get lucky and the staff/administration who think that the majority of Graal are young teens will change their opinion. It's worth a shot anyway. (and yes Darlene, that's what was implied in that line from the rules, it was just worded poorly) Even if it was actually worded to say that "a lot" of Graal's userbase are young teenagers, I think the results of this poll at least bring up a valid argument to the contrary.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-23-2007, 10:48 PM
Earl_Having_It_Large is on a distinguished road
17 years
Old 02-24-2007, 01:02 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias View Post
I'm glad this poll got a lot of voters. It proves at least somewhat that the majority of at least the forumgoers are 18 or older. (even if a handful of people lied)

Maybe we'll get lucky and the staff/administration who think that the majority of Graal are young teens will change their opinion. It's worth a shot anyway. (and yes Darlene, that's what was implied in that line from the rules, it was just worded poorly) Even if it was actually worded to say that "a lot" of Graal's userbase are young teenagers, I think the results of this poll at least bring up a valid argument to the contrary.
But you have no idea of the age group of people who view the forums, but do not post, or rarely post.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-24-2007, 03:48 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
But you have no idea of the age group of people who view the forums, but do not post, or rarely post.
I have no idea? I have a better idea than someone who is taking a wild guess.

In fact, it's safe to assume that they fall in the same age range as the posters who voted. I mean logic will tell you that if the majority of the people who voted are 18 or over, then the majority of people who haven't voted are most likely also 18 or over.

Why do you think people get away with those "the american public" polls? They poll like 3000 people over the phone. I would hardly consider that everyone in North America. But they are allowed to poll so few people because you're getting a general idea with those numbers.

This is not like voting for the president where one state might be filled with democrats. This is a community of people interested in Graal. The majority of the community falls into a specific age group, and that age group is not "young teens".

I don't see how it can be made any more clear. Other than literally verifying everyone's age.

Old 02-24-2007, 03:51 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
It's not like they agreed to the rules anyway.
Old 02-24-2007, 04:23 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
I have no idea? I have a better idea than someone who is taking a wild guess.

In fact, it's safe to assume that they fall in the same age range as the posters who voted. I mean logic will tell you that if the majority of the people who voted are 18 or over, then the majority of people who haven't voted are most likely also 18 or over.

Why do you think people get away with those "the american public" polls? They poll like 3000 people over the phone. I would hardly consider that everyone in North America. But they are allowed to poll so few people because you're getting a general idea with those numbers.

This is not like voting for the president where one state might be filled with democrats. This is a community of people interested in Graal. The majority of the community falls into a specific age group, and that age group is not "young teens".

I don't see how it can be made any more clear. Other than literally verifying everyone's age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
It's not like they agreed to the rules anyway.
Whatever...it isn't worth arguing over.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-24-2007, 05:43 AM
Social Engineer
Personal Jesus is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Whatever...it isn't worth arguing over.
Actually it is.

You fail to comprehend what everybody else understands.

Just because Graal is aimed towards young teens doesn't mean just young teens play the game or frequent the forums. Most of the people I've met are 16 or older.
Old 02-24-2007, 05:48 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by Personal Jesus View Post
Actually it is.

You fail to comprehend what everybody else understands.

Just because Graal is aimed towards young teens doesn't mean just young teens play the game or frequent the forums. Most of the people I've met are 16 or older.
Actually, you fail to understand that I already know this. The fact still remains that young teenagers DO play this game, and read/post on the forums. You know, it really doesn't matter how many young teenagers play or read these forums, they do. Graal is for all ages, it states this on the website, this is not news....
I am glad to see all ages playing.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-24-2007, 06:08 AM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
Quote:
Actually, you fail to understand that I already know this. The fact still remains that young teenagers DO play this game, and read/post on the forums. You know, it really doesn't matter how many young teenagers play or read these forums, they do. Graal is for all ages, it states this on the website, this is not news....
How many young teens do you see posting on the forums?

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 02-24-2007, 06:50 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Do you believe everything you read? I wasn't aware that a game with people dueling with swords and guns and being sliced and shot and bleeding and dying was for all ages. I guess I learned something today.

It's perfectly okay for 13 year olds to shoot eachother and bleed on Graal, but it's not okay for them to hear the f word.

Old 02-24-2007, 06:56 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue View Post
How many young teens do you see posting on the forums?
I think you might need to go re-read the things I have said....

Quote:
Do you believe everything you read? I wasn't aware that a game with people dueling with swords and guns and being sliced and shot and bleeding and dying was for all ages. I guess I learned something today.

It's perfectly okay for 13 year olds to shoot eachother and bleed on Graal, but it's not okay for them to hear the f word.
Oh, is that why you made this thread? To question the rules?
Look, what you just said has nothing to do with the age groups that visit graal or the forums, and I am not about to have this argument again...
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-24-2007, 07:01 AM
Old Bee
Quote:
Oh, is that why you made this thread? To question the rules?
Look, what you just said has nothing to do with the age groups that visit graal or the forums, and I am not about to have this argument again...
No, I made this thread so that people could get an idea of the age bracket for the majority of posters here.

What I just said has everything to do with what I just quoted you on. You just made a statement that Graal is for all ages and I just gave you examples of how it's not. Now instead of admitting that Graal might not be for all ages, you're going to avoid my point and say you don't want to have an "argument".

Otherwise I will take your silence as that you do think Graal with it's sword slashing and gun shooting and killing is for all ages.