Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-04-2006, 03:40 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Bomy Island Updates

Okay, starting a new thread to post updates on things that we are working on, and stuff that's already done. Not going to show everything but just some stuff to let you know what's happening.

The past couple of days we've been working on movement stuff, and setting up classes for use with other npcs and levels.

- I made the updated ganis for swimming, grabbing and pulling. (still need to do pushing)

- Twusk made a very nice pushing/pulling script for moving some objects around. It works serverside so the object is moved in front of everyone, not just the player moving it.

- Tool ganis and graphics have been made for catch net, shovel, pick axe, and scythe. The catch net is basically complete including the script, as well as the shovel and scythe. The pick axe is part of the mining system which I have not made yet, but have the gfx for.

- After cutting so many bushes, they have a chance of dropping something. Usually one gralat. (remember, five gralat is roughly the price of one roll of bread, so don't assume you can just cut bushes for all your money) :P It's just there to give bushes a little more purpose.

- New sign/message system with the addition of having multiple choice answers. You scroll the message with the left and right arrow keys and select an answer with the up and down arrow keys. The color of the message background is based on what type of message it might be. (blue for NPC, green for SIGN, etc) Also, the image of the sign you're reading is displayed, or if you're talking to an NPC, the head is displayed with a talking animation.

- wooden body and head for clothing to be placed on for display. these will be in shops so that you can better see what an article of clothing looks like while worn. you'll be able to rotate them to check the other directions as well (not implemented yet)

- several hairstyles from old heads have been converted to the new system, there are roughly 20 different hairstyles in the works which I have dug out of the heads folder and will turn into graphics for the new bodies. Each hairstyle will come in a wide variety of colors. also each hairstyle will have two different graphic sets. one for normal use, and one for "hat hair" this way you can still have your hair displayed while wearing a hat (if you look in the attached screenshot you can see an example)

- waterfalls look much better with semi-transparent animated falls, with a splashing water particle effect and even mist. it looks quite amazing when you see it animated.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot1.gif
Views:	370
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	36334   Click image for larger version

Name:	waterfall.png
Views:	340
Size:	114.1 KB
ID:	36335  
Old 05-04-2006, 04:06 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I really like your sign message system you have there. Very neat. I am going to have to say the tileset looks pretty bad now that I've seen a little more of it. I like the bushes, I guess that is a positive, but the cliffing is horrible (you didn't even change some of the cliff tiles to your new style). The posts for the dock/water entry stick out a little too much, like they're too detailed for the surroundings. I still hate the default grass tile too.

As for your ideas, I think you're on the right track, just don't let this be another Oasis.
Old 05-04-2006, 04:28 AM
That one guy!
zim5354 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to zim5354
i like the tiles from what i saw i just really hate the grass the waves are ugly.
Old 05-04-2006, 09:42 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
Going great
nice work
Old 05-04-2006, 11:38 AM
my name isn't bold, HA!
NeoJenova will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NeoJenova Send a message via Yahoo to NeoJenova
Its all good as long as you have white mohawks...

Old 05-04-2006, 01:36 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
- waterfalls look much better with semi-transparent animated falls, with a splashing water particle effect and even mist. it looks quite amazing when you see it animated.

Nice updates!
Old 05-04-2006, 01:50 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
I really like your sign message system you have there. Very neat. I am going to have to say the tileset looks pretty bad now that I've seen a little more of it. I like the bushes, I guess that is a positive, but the cliffing is horrible (you didn't even change some of the cliff tiles to your new style). The posts for the dock/water entry stick out a little too much, like they're too detailed for the surroundings. I still hate the default grass tile too.

As for your ideas, I think you're on the right track, just don't let this be another Oasis.
lol... the tiles are not finished... half of the cliff tiles aren't done. these are just updates to show what's made so far. don't take them as completed work.
Old 05-04-2006, 02:22 PM
Skorne202 is on a distinguished road
It all looks awesome so far. =D Will be glad to give it a test when your finished. Still don't see how the king npcs will work but I'll trust you on that. One question though. How will the recruiting for kingdoms be? Have to get in favor with the king npc or will players actually get to be the recruiters?
Old 05-04-2006, 05:19 PM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Gotta say I like what I see... in my mind if 2k1 is succesful now, it needs to be a reworked version like this. Kudos and good luck.

My only concern is if you're still planning on going with NPC kings?

Old 05-06-2006, 01:37 AM
Proletariat
Kuza is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Kuza Send a message via Yahoo to Kuza
You have my attention. Konidias, I'd be glad to help with levels. I've tried contacting you on AIM, but it doesn't look like you need the help so good luck. I can't wait to play Graal2001... err, Bomy Island...
Old 05-06-2006, 03:10 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
..Ima hope that isnt the usual excuse when someone says your tileset isnt good
(Excuse ="It isnt finished")

Just revise on the looks cause Im thinkin your gonna smash on the gameplay part. I like message system, Ive never thought of doing that on graal.
Old 05-06-2006, 03:33 AM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoJenova
Its all good as long as you have white mohawks...
NJ, I think you can color the regular black one white. Also, I dont get how it will be different hairstyles and stuff. Will this be like kingdoms but with classic bodys? If so, thats gonna be cool. :P

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 05-09-2006, 04:50 AM
Old Bee
okay I just got back from my weekend trip and it's late so I'll be resuming work on bomy island tomorrow, and then I'll update either tomorrow night or the next day.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:12 PM
:o
Mykel has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Mykel Send a message via MSN to Mykel
It all looks good, but with no offense intended, I refuse to get my hopes up. Nice work though.
Old 05-13-2006, 08:49 PM
Old Bee
Alright short update time! Well my vacation threw off the staff I was working with, since I haven't seen them on lately... Anyway, I started working again myself.

I removed all of the bomy moon and placed an outline of where I want the Pirate Cove to go. I also started fixing up the mining town area. Updating the graphics and adjusting some tiles and just making the levels less bland but still simple. I'm working mainly on the mining area because I'm getting ready to update the mining job and all that goes with it.

I found out I'm going to be moving next Saturday so I'm really pressed for time. May has been a busy month for me. Hopefully I can get in touch with the people who are helping me out so I can at least give them projects to work on while I'm without internet.