Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2006, 01:59 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
Request: Improve Bomy Movement

I noticed another bomy related thread, but a seperate thread concerning this should be made so Lance will see it. As we all know, bomys don't have diagnal movement, and to me this is quite annoying. It has been several years with bomys, and I would have expected that it would have been added during the year when the server was down for development.

So basically I am asking if bomys will be improved in the future to include diagnal movement, it would be much appreciated.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:07 AM
haunter is on a distinguished road
It's not that diagonal movement hasn't been added... It's that there's been a choicen to allow bomys to move diagonally. It has to do with balance in combat.
Old 02-22-2006, 05:56 PM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
I think that is quite a poor trade off, how is that fair? Restrict movement to balance combat? That isn't the only part of the game you know. I'd rather see something else changed then to have poor movement.
Old 02-22-2006, 06:11 PM
Androk2 is on a distinguished road
Bomies move x5 times faster on water. Graal 2001 has alot of water, use it to your advantage.
Old 02-22-2006, 07:56 PM
haunter is on a distinguished road
Bomies also attack faster if I'm not mistaken.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:36 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
And they seem to attack harder (than humans with fists) and have more HP. If you don't like not having diagonal-movement, switch to human. I, for one, am a Bomy and I think that diagonal-movement shouldn't be added because as it was mentioned, it helps balance things out.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 02-22-2006, 08:39 PM
GK1 Fan
kojicolnair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kojicolnair Send a message via MSN to kojicolnair Send a message via Yahoo to kojicolnair
yeah you cant expect bomys to get everything, its very apparent that bomys are stronger hitters than human and they start with more hp AND are fast over water, what more could they need =D
Old 02-22-2006, 11:10 PM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
they move faster on water but you cant attack on water.

having legs period generally means you can move diagonally.. so it really doesnt make sense that they cant.
Old 02-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
it balances out combat, seriously

when I was a bomy I could own almost any human

their attacks are so damn fast and you can hit like 2-3 times at once if you're good enough

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 02-23-2006, 05:25 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
I'd rather see a decrease in rate of attack and attack strength and add diagnal movement. It makes more sense to have free movement and balancing the attack power.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:15 AM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warcaptain
they move faster on water but you cant attack on water.

having legs period generally means you can move diagonally.. so it really doesnt make sense that they cant.
Crabs walk sideways.

Owned.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 02-23-2006, 03:23 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus_asinus
I'd rather see a decrease in rate of attack and attack strength and add diagnal movement. It makes more sense to have free movement and balancing the attack power.
If they did that, there wouldn't be much difference between being a bomy or human. You might aswell just switch to human if that's how you feel

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")