Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2006, 09:42 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Okay here is a quick rundown of what we've been working on recently...

- finished the basic graphic directions and ganis for new horse
- new watercan graphic and gani made
- mining mini-game/script 90% completed with many new ganis and graphics and sound
- birds movement script redone and improved for smoother movement
- twusk is re-scripting my old inventory script to make it much much better
- I've updated quite a few more tiles and smaller graphics

I'm moving today/tomorrow and probably won't have internet until the middle of the week, so progress might slow down a tad.

Our next project is farming and I'm also wanting to test out the hit detection and fix up the HP system properly. Oh, and lots of levels have been updated I just don't care to list them all, and I figured that was a given.

Progress IS coming along nicely though. When look at all the files that I've created from this, it's easier to feel like I'll get finished with this project.
Old 05-22-2006, 04:54 AM
oldbie
brock128 is on a distinguished road
Is it just me or do you always post updates before you're about to leave for some reason or after you come back for some reason?

Good luck moving, I moved last year and it wasn't fun.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:44 AM
Rat...
Brad has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Brad Send a message via Yahoo to Brad
brad will return to the graal scene if this project is completed

you're giving me hope koni, don't let me down

oh by the way i'd like to help out with whatever I can so get at me sometime via forum pm since i dont give out my regularly used aim to graal ppl since im afraid they will stalk me. Keep in mind im not tryin to be one of 'those guys' who makes posts like these trying to get in on a project, but 2k1 was my favorite place.

Brad.
2k14lyf
Forum idiots shall rule once more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad
Forums without brad will have been sad
Old 05-23-2006, 06:36 PM
Old Bee
Alrighty, well I'm finally moved and I *just* got my internet connection. So things should get back on track shortly. Twusk has hopefully been working on some scripts while I was away. I have a heck of a lot of unpacking and stuff to do. Thankfully my net connection here is like a thousand times better than before.

So anyway, I'll probably get back working on the server in a day or two... I still have to put furniture together and I'm waiting on a bed to arrive and all sorts of other stuff. But fear not, the project is not going to die.
Old 05-23-2006, 07:50 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
yay
Old 05-24-2006, 04:41 PM
GK1 Fan
kojicolnair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kojicolnair Send a message via MSN to kojicolnair Send a message via Yahoo to kojicolnair
sounding good =P I believe in konidias!
Old 05-29-2006, 02:58 AM
Old Bee
Updates time.

Twusk has been working hard on many things. We've tested out the hp/hit detection system. I remade the sword attacking and hurt ganis. The sword is completely attached to the hand now so it looks a bit smoother IMHO. But it's still the same old classic slashing that you know and love. The hit detection is pretty darn accurate but we've yet to test it with many people at once and possible lag situations.

There's also a neat new technique which should make fighting interesting. You can use your shield to actually block attacks. When your shield gets hit, sparks fly and you bounce back a little bit. It's very fun and useful. If you hold down the button you can face in any direction with the shield out. But you cannot walk with the shield out.

Pushing and pulling is completed with new ganis. The watering can and seed bag are totally functional now, and I think the watering can looks a LOT better now. We've gotten halfway through the apple tree farming script.

I won't go into details about it but we have all the graphics done for it basically, and the trees grow and you can water them and stuff.

Once we finish up farming we can move on to fishing.

Oh, and plans for new quests and old quest revisions are in the works. I hope to have a lot of innovative and fun quests for everyone to enjoy.
Old 05-29-2006, 06:35 AM
something vague
JinZero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to JinZero
Holla!

Old 05-29-2006, 08:28 AM
Banned
KuJi will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to KuJi Send a message via AIM to KuJi Send a message via MSN to KuJi Send a message via Yahoo to KuJi
Quote:
Originally Posted by konidias
Updates time.

Twusk has been working hard on many things. We've tested out the hp/hit detection system. I remade the sword attacking and hurt ganis. The sword is completely attached to the hand now so it looks a bit smoother IMHO. But it's still the same old classic slashing that you know and love. The hit detection is pretty darn accurate but we've yet to test it with many people at once and possible lag situations.

There's also a neat new technique which should make fighting interesting. You can use your shield to actually block attacks. When your shield gets hit, sparks fly and you bounce back a little bit. It's very fun and useful. If you hold down the button you can face in any direction with the shield out. But you cannot walk with the shield out.

Pushing and pulling is completed with new ganis. The watering can and seed bag are totally functional now, and I think the watering can looks a LOT better now. We've gotten halfway through the apple tree farming script.

I won't go into details about it but we have all the graphics done for it basically, and the trees grow and you can water them and stuff.

Once we finish up farming we can move on to fishing.

Oh, and plans for new quests and old quest revisions are in the works. I hope to have a lot of innovative and fun quests for everyone to enjoy.
With all these updates.. can you take one thing from lance?

Keep the server in the same idea Graal2001 was back then. Don't just replace, I wan't to still have some memories of stuff
Old 05-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Rat...
cant wait til we pk and abuse the shields to block ppl in unstick me

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 05-29-2006, 03:52 PM
Old Bee
Quote:
Originally Posted by KuJi
With all these updates.. can you take one thing from lance?

Keep the server in the same idea Graal2001 was back then. Don't just replace, I wan't to still have some memories of stuff
I'm trying my best to keep the feel of the server like the 2k1 I remembered back when it first started out.

Of course new things are going to be new to everyone, but I'm not going crazy and like removing bomboria or changing names of all the towns, or getting rid of all the old npc characters and stuff.

Lance's idea of 2k1 was nothing like what 2k1 was... as far as I'm concerned.

lol Brad, I think that won't be possible. It will be interesting to knock someone back against a wall while they are using the shield though, because if you keep swinging at them, they have no choice but to let their guard down to try and get away.
Old 05-29-2006, 04:35 PM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
lol "memories", Im sure he wont remove all the old content. And if this server could survive off memories alone, people would still be playing it. Im pretty sure some actual "fun" needs to be thrown in here and there.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Rat...
Quote:
I'm trying my best to keep the feel of the server like the 2k1 I remembered back when it first started out.

Of course new things are going to be new to everyone, but I'm not going crazy and like removing bomboria or changing names of all the towns, or getting rid of all the old npc characters and stuff.

Lance's idea of 2k1 was nothing like what 2k1 was... as far as I'm concerned.

lol Brad, I think that won't be possible. It will be interesting to knock someone back against a wall while they are using the shield though, because if you keep swinging at them, they have no choice but to let their guard down to try and get away.

but when you are rollin with your pk guild you get ppl to block with shields and others to dominate them when theyre slashin the guys holding shields

watch I gurantee we will be able to abuse it to pk in gangs

Brad.
2k14lyf

Quote:
Old 05-30-2006, 04:51 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Yeah, back when there were no playable Bomys.

Oh wait.
Old 05-30-2006, 06:57 AM
Starting not to love you
Curt1zzle has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Curt1zzle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Yeah, back when there were no playable Bomys.

Oh wait.
Bitter.

This message has been deleted by Sam. Reason: you should better stop it now