Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-22-2006, 08:00 PM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
make it so if your paused you have to wait 30 seconds after you unpause to unstick so people cant unstick while paused
Old 02-22-2006, 08:09 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
The ability to turn invulnerable instantly at no cost is a major factor in the combat system.
Considering that bomies already possess a similar though not quite identical ability, it disadvantages them by reducing the usefulness of this ability. Other than that it might be argued that a battle where timing invulnerability is the deciding factor is a lot less fun than one that depends on traditional Graal combat prowess.

The simplest solution is to disable pausing completely. This would annoy people who legitimately use it to achieve a reasonable level of safety while shortly not paying attention to Graal, for whatever reason. However, this risk should be accepted by players, as a large part of Graal is about fighting and playerkilling and monsters. Migitating this risk, though, is possible by making use of the safe zones (noplayerkilling) spread through Graal.

Alternative options include limitting the usability of pausing, perhaps by introducing a "cooldown" that prevents pause from being used more than n times in a certain timespan, or a delay before pause, once activated, becomes effective. Coupled with weakening the player in these situations (taking double damage, being unable to move for five seconds afterwards, ...), this might make pausing unusable as a combat strategy.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:27 PM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
If pause is not going to be disabled, then there certainly needs something to be done about bomys being able to get hit while paused. I'm pretty tired of people trapping me using that pushable object in the start house, then killing me and stealing my gralats while I'm paused.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 02-22-2006, 08:34 PM
GK1 Fan
kojicolnair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kojicolnair Send a message via MSN to kojicolnair Send a message via Yahoo to kojicolnair
Taking pausing out would take out the only way for people like me, that doesn't pk at all, to get protection from the crazy people that are too lazy to work and go after people with money.
Old 02-22-2006, 08:48 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojicolnair
Taking pausing out would take out the only way for people like me, that doesn't pk at all, to get protection from the crazy people that are too lazy to work and go after people with money.
I think it is unfair of you to put down alternative playing styles like this; also I do not believe that anyone at all is efficiently making money by exclusively tracking down and killing rich players.

You should probably learn to defend yourself, you are equipped with fighting abilities because you are supposed to do that. If you want the game to be designed to make killing people who do not want to be killed impossible, because you are too lazy to take care of yourself, playerkillers might as well argue for insta-kill buttons so they can actually kill people before they get a chance to press pause to avoid dying.

Last edited by Loriel; 02-23-2006 at 01:08 AM..
Old 02-22-2006, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kojicolnair
heh go play pokèmon if you dont want to get killed
Old 02-22-2006, 10:52 PM
Mange
Shotoo2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shotoo2 Send a message via MSN to Shotoo2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Just disable /sleep while paused?
Brilliant.
Old 02-22-2006, 11:11 PM
Emily_Cruddas is on a distinguished road
Have something a bit more surprizing, you can pause, but as soon as you type the sleep command you unpause automaticly, preventing someone from laming as much, because they then have two options.....

Run away far enough that you CAN rest without worry...

Or just suck it up when the person you want to PK whups you into shape instead and finishes destroying you pride with a well timed "Owned"
Old 02-23-2006, 12:40 AM
GK1 Fan
kojicolnair is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to kojicolnair Send a message via MSN to kojicolnair Send a message via Yahoo to kojicolnair
theres really no way to stop it, if you get rid of pause theyll just run into the water and theres no way to stop that.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:50 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes
No I like pking *****s like victor that come steal your rocks >:O they pause and heal while your mining and then kill you and stela your rocks... victors a ****ing *****... that **** is a peice of **** what a ****ing *****
Was that even a full sentence?
Old 02-23-2006, 01:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin
Was that even a full sentence?
rofl Nope, that was hatred. rofl I was trying to say Victor came and started mining so I killed him so him and his nubcake friend come back and start taking turns hitting me while I was mining then pausing so they finally kill me and I drop my extra 5 g that I was going to use to get a bomb since they stole it so I went back there and they kept pausing,sleeping,hitting,pausing,hitting,dying,com ing back,hitting,pausing,sleeping,ect. bastards added like 3 deaths to meh >:O but yeah *babbles on some more*