Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-26-2011, 04:31 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Facebook Graal

Just hit 1337 status.

Recently started playing (on a smurf Facebook account of course).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal1337status.png
Views:	221
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	53559  
Old 08-26-2011, 09:23 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 08-27-2011, 02:59 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Facebook Graal is horrible.

Old 08-27-2011, 03:02 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Its better then iPhone classic though... swamp town is looking good kudos too whoever did the weather effect
Old 08-27-2011, 03:10 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
The whole VIP thing doesn't seem to be helping out the Facebook server too much.
Old 08-27-2011, 03:14 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
The whole VIP thing doesn't seem to be helping out the Facebook server too much.
Well being able to use your ipod account sure beats having to start from scratch lol. I just don't think many people have the dedication to get 7500 gralats each month. I know I don't lol hence I don't play facebook graal much.
Old 08-27-2011, 07:46 AM
Coder
0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough0PiX0 is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
It has potential, and much like iPhone, it has room for improvement and expansion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
We will need the new server infrastructure to be to handle the higher playercount brought by the Web/Facebook version
It's great that the Facebook server has the capability for a high playercount at least.
Currently, iPhone players are the majority of the Facebook Graal playercount. Since iPhone players do not have much incentive to play a clone if iClassic on Facebook, other playerworlds should be given the opportunity to move to Facebook.
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
We are planning to give the opportunity to PlayerWorld owners to move to Free To Play either. We will soon give a list of requirements to move a server Free To Play.
5 months later...
Really, the requirements should have been posted before Facebook Graal was even released. The oh-so-dedicated Graal development community could have been preparing whatever server content is necessary for moving to Facebook (or iPhone). We really should have more details than this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unixmad View Post
Free to Play is possible when server and content have been transformed to bring revenues with items and features.

Graal Classic/Era Iphone servers have been transformed to fit Free to Play.

So before switching to free to play, servers will have to introduce Pay items/heads or features.
It would also be nice if GraalOnline began attracting a larger playerbase through means other than word-of-mouth and a handful of review web pages.
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
I don't see any reason for iPhone players to buy into it, except for the promised monthly VIP item. Even that isn't a good reason. The iPhone server is populated, so why would players want to pay for VIP just to switch to the Facebook server? The VIP system could use some revision.
Old 08-27-2011, 08:15 AM
uhh no
gaben is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't think iPod Grawl or Facebook Grawl are horrible by any means, but I must say that they definitely have an impact on the playercount of 'regular' Grawl (ie. on the PC). Most players whom have heard of Grawl, would prefer their iPod Grawl/'Facebook' Grawl over the PC version of Grawl. At the end of the day though, the point that I'm trying to make is that regardless of which one is better PC Grawl will eventually fade from the picture if this love of iPod/Facebook Grawl keeps up.

Though, I must say that Facebook Grawl looks lamer than iPod Grawl.

Also, I realize that the creators behind Facebook Grawl definitely don't care about the playercount of PC Grawl, all they care about is the fact that their €s are incrementing. No point crying over spilt milk though, this was inevitable in some ways. iPod Grawl was only the first step. One must accept that Grawl, like many things, has become a business and in this day and age time will tell.

Who knows? Soon you might be sulking around in the latest Grawl merch and purchasing head777.png mugs!

EDIT: I didn't realize they connected the Facebook servers with the iPod servers. I guess they're just trying to market more, and not expand more servers. Phew - you're saved for now..

Last edited by gaben; 08-27-2011 at 10:54 PM..
Old 08-27-2011, 08:18 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Why the hell you are saying Grawl? It makes me crazy reading Grawl six times !

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-27-2011, 08:28 AM
uhh no
gaben is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by NicoX View Post
Why the hell you are saying Grawl? It makes me crazy reading Grawl six times !
I guess whenever the word 'Graal' comes into my mind, I can only mock the term for what it has become. It literally, has lost all meaning to me. Grawl is, well, Grawl!
Old 08-27-2011, 08:40 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Pft....

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 08-27-2011, 09:48 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Better than Graal on the iPhone and better than Graal on PC if you're looking for a "real Graal" experience.

I connect to the iPhone server everytime, I just don't understand why this isn't on the normal Graal client...the flash client is a bit "wat".
Old 08-27-2011, 01:29 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
Better than Graal on the iPhone and better than Graal on PC if you're looking for a "real Graal" experience.
Just because it has more players right? I doubt the content is that epic :P

My Albums
Quote:
Old 08-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Just because it has more players right? I doubt the content is that epic :P
A "real" Graal server has no content, it's just pking/spar/chat. Sure servers forced themselves to have quests but I never considered that a part of gameplay. More of an obstacle. Despite what people say, quests were generally not fun at all and was a chore for new players.
Old 08-27-2011, 01:56 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
A "real" Graal server has no content, it's just pking/spar/chat. Sure servers forced themselves to have quests but I never considered that a part of gameplay. More of an obstacle. Despite what people say, quests were generally not fun at all and was a chore for new players.
Well I guess I can relate, I used to love just that with the game Rune, it had an awesome combat system (expect for the abusive and overpowered jump swing) like parrying, blocking and you could even throw your weapon.
Graal on the other hand has to me always been about questing and exploring (just like zelda) and I would get extremely bored after a while with a server that just relied on pking/sparring.

My Albums
Quote: