Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-09-2009, 05:47 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandralove View Post

Of course they do need to work together, but still the problem is that most of themes been made already. Most of playerworlds are actually a copy of existing servers with a few more ideas THAT AREN'T WORTH IT.
The hell of the problem is that there is too much playerworlds, and 95% of them fail. When was the last time a server made it to classic ? A long time ago. Playerworlds is a large source of money for graal, but there's no solution.
Hence my reason for saying insurmountable task. I have to believe though that quality content would draw in more people willing to pay to play vs counting on a fixed income from development income. That in itself has dropped just as steadily. At one point I was checking over 102 playerworlds while last I counted it was 59. Thats quite a substantial drop in funds.
Old 02-09-2009, 07:05 PM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
I'll forward our hate mail to you when people start getting turned down for hosted and servers start disappearing of tabs for development inactivity
I get enough, thanks, lol
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 02-09-2009, 07:45 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to James
It's because we don't actually have enough people with the skills needed to create a decent server that want to work together. Everyone has their own thing they want to do, but none of them want to go with the same style of playerworld. Honestly, I think everyone should hop on the Crystia bandwagon, it's the only thing I've seen lately that has a great amount of potential that hasn't been done before.

JAMES BAY PACKERS
2011 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS
2012 FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPIONS

“If I can slow it down in my mind... things will be fine."

-Aaron Rodgers
2011's NFL Most Valuable Player

Old 02-09-2009, 07:51 PM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by James View Post
It's because we don't actually have enough people with the skills needed to create a decent server that want to work together. Everyone has their own thing they want to do, but none of them want to go with the same style of playerworld. Honestly, I think everyone should hop on the Crystia bandwagon, it's the only thing I've seen lately that has a great amount of potential that hasn't been done before.
Last I saw its staff also seemed to be losing interest.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:03 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
James is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to beholdJames is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell View Post
Last I saw its staff also seemed to be losing interest.
I wish that wasn't the case. The quality of it would blow any current playerworld out of the water.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-09-2009, 08:08 PM
Pretty graphics won't help the server to survive though if they aren't developing content to go with it. I also have high hopes for it but am concerned with the lack of activity there.
Old 02-09-2009, 08:16 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
I wish that wasn't the case. The quality of it would blow any current playerworld out of the water.
So will Maloria.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 02-09-2009, 08:24 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
So will Maloria.
I remember the old Maloria. It was fun, but it was missing the addictive ingredient. I see you have Deek working for you, I bet we will see a definite graphics upgrade.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-09-2009, 08:56 PM
♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪
Angelu will become famous soon enough
How i said long ago...
Graal needs to be free 4 developers
i understand if people with skills dont want to pay for their own work

and James i think Crystia is dead
i cant script
i hate to gfx
so it will never be finished
Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 PM
a/s/l
Elizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud ofElizabeth has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Elizabeth
players are growing up and moving on with their lives.........some are grown up, but aren't moving on. most now have a family and important stuffz to do.
Old 02-09-2009, 09:09 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
I was actually looking forward to Crystia =[

shame..
Old 02-09-2009, 09:15 PM
LOCAL DOUCHEBAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angelu View Post
Graal needs to be free 4 developers

i hate to gfx

This. Yes. Win. I don't understand why they expect us to pay them to develop. This is why we need GS2 support offline.

You're really good at graphics, it sucks that you hate it. I wish I had half your talent.

JAMES BAY PACKERS

-Aaron Rodgers

Old 02-09-2009, 09:22 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
This. Yes. Win. I don't understand why they expect us to pay them to develop. This is why we need GS2 support offline.

You're really good at graphics, it sucks that you hate it. I wish I had half your talent.
It would at least be nice if developers didn't have to upgrade to gold to work on a server. Playing I can understand, but it's really counter-productive to require that for the developers, too. I've had a few talented people turn me down for the sole reason of not wanting to buy Gold
Old 02-09-2009, 09:47 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
I don't know how many posts I've read about people saying:
"Yes, we need to work together." "We gotta stop making our own servers and start working on the allready existing servers."
Yet, THOSE people doesn't even do it.
If they don't start, WHO WILL START?
Old 02-10-2009, 10:14 AM
SomeOne
MiniOne is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to MiniOne
Actually thats a great idea, downsizing graal why didn't anyone think of that earlier, and i agree with Bell hopefully there getting this money for something that will give Graal a 'Boost' and not just giving it all themselves cause their greedy