Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2008, 03:09 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
ITS DYING!

why?

a)its losing players (see crono's graph)

b)it isnt/cant compete (business wise/technologically/content) with other mmorpg's like it did in 2000

that is why its dying

Last edited by thesmoothcriminal; 11-16-2008 at 05:15 PM..
Old 11-16-2008, 03:40 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
stefan dont care about his product dying, he has the money already to live as a god.
One that doesnt look after its buyers.

Apparently they're at the other side of that spectrum
Old 11-16-2008, 03:43 PM
Petrification of a Newbie
Darklux is a jewel in the roughDarklux is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to Darklux Send a message via AIM to Darklux Send a message via Yahoo to Darklux
I think the playerbase will shrink together on a low level.
What we need is client and development-tool updates and graal would throw off more money again... Yet all they do is working on iPhone software, as it brings some money at the moment? Some smart decisions and development on the right positions could turn it around already...
Old 11-16-2008, 06:07 PM
Era Manager
DuBsTeRmAn is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to DuBsTeRmAn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigairius View Post
Do you know what else happened 4 months ago?

School started. I don't know about your school, but my school didn't let me play Graal during class time.
Even in the vactions i dont see really ''more'' people logging on, Also on Ol' West. It was a cool server, Staff got inactive and everyone left
Old 11-16-2008, 06:11 PM
KatieAlshire is on a distinguished road
My opinion: A video game cannot "die"
More like get destroyed.
I think its being destroyed bit by bit, And that there should only be the big servers and playerworlds to reduce lag on graal. Like, Get rid of Delteria, Valikoria, Atlantis and keep the bigger servers such as Unholy Nation and Era.
Old 11-16-2008, 06:19 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatieAlshire View Post
My opinion: A video game cannot "die"
More like get destroyed.
We're obviouslt not using the literal meaining of "die".

Quote:
I think its being destroyed bit by bit, And that there should only be the big servers and playerworlds to reduce lag on graal.
Small servers are not lagging the rest of Graal.

Quote:
Like, Get rid of Delteria, Valikoria, Atlantis and keep the bigger servers such as Unholy Nation and Era.
Like, sod off.

Last edited by Crono; 11-16-2008 at 06:36 PM..
Old 11-16-2008, 06:42 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Like, Get rid of Delteria, Valikoria, Atlantis and keep the bigger servers such as Unholy Nation and Era.
Because that won't run people off at all, now will it?
Old 11-16-2008, 08:01 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
Quote:
Valikorlia's been here from the very beginning. It'll be the last thing to go, thank you.

And what Crono said, etc.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:10 PM
Ziro_of_the_Turks will become famous soon enough
I quit playing some months ago.
I had/have the belief that Graal is/was dying.
Other people seemed to have quit with the same belief.

Obviously something bad is going on here... unless Graal is just some big well-kept secret, and it's just outsiders thinking the game sucks.

I even laid off the forum game now that I started playing that other MMO that most of the world plays.
Old 11-16-2008, 08:45 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vima View Post
Complete them when? Next year? Will Graal be here next year?
I don't think Graal's playercount are depending on GK and Zone. It's the Classic tab servers and UC servers! It's those who have the players.
You're right, we should totally give up on everything. Why fix stuff? Why make new stuff? Let's just add to the already working stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchGuy View Post
stefan dont care about his product dying, he has the money already to live as a god.
One that doesnt look after its buyers.
This shows how little you know.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:21 AM
knightfire35 is on a distinguished road
Graal is slowly dying, but I don't think it's really in any trouble. The I-phone will contribute some because if I-phone players play it on there I-phones, then maybe they will look up the pc version of Graal. I think the money is a big issue now as well, life time classic is not offered anymore, and that was one of the main reasons I started. If I was just getting into Graal now, I would never pay for it. It will never be how it was several years ago, but that doesn't mean it's dying either. There is too many people working on server that will never get anywhere. Something needs to be done, but as of right now, Graal isn't in that big of a hole that it can't get out.
Old 11-17-2008, 01:53 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
Quote:
which is why it's clearly doing better than graal.
I'm pretty sure several third-world terrorist organizations have a higher member count than Army, that doesn't doesn't necessarily make them more successful though

Last edited by Sam; 11-18-2008 at 04:37 PM..
Old 11-17-2008, 12:07 PM
I never asked for this.
Raeiphon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I'm pretty sure several third-world terrorist organizations have a higher member count than Army, that doesn't doesn't necessarily make them more successful though
What?

As far as marketing goes, MS is marginally more successful than graal purely because of it's ability to sustain constant play for a large portion of the gaming market. It's easy to get into, very accessible, extremely easy to play and is completely free from the bat. It lures you in with enhanced items for cash, and other good-looking/swirly things that attract interest.

In essence, CJ attempted to do the same thing with the whole gelat/card system. Did it work? No. Different niche of the market entirely. The fact that playercount is dropping and that there's extremely little incentive for new players to join a dying game, it's simply a matter of time before the dropout becomes exponential and graal descends into silence as nobody bothers playing it anymore.

Can this be fixed? Yes. I have yet to see advertising for graal on any google syndication ad which is gaming specific. I have never seen graal mentioned on any major gaming forum nor have I seen it reviewed by any major game reviewing site. It's not the matter that graal is terrible or a bad game, it's just the fact that it's not actually visible to the public. Graal needs to be advertised, more 'polished' payment methods added, and work on various completely meaningless side projects (such as GK or Graal3d, face it - both are dead) needs to cease and the time allocated to that needs to be spent on improving server architecture to support additional load and various other technical hoo-hah that can allow the developing community to create better playerworlds, therefore retaining a large number of newer players.

TLDR: Graal needs to advertise, graal3d/GK need to die.

I hope for nothing. I fear nothing. I am free.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:38 PM
Vima is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
You're right, we should totally give up on everything. Why fix stuff? Why make new stuff? Let's just add to the already working stuff.

This shows how little you know.
If anyone updates GK, it wont get it popular. Their playercount will increase with ~10 players? Which will basically give them a playercount of 30 players. "Wow"

Major updates on Zod, UN, Era and H-Tab servers = 200-400 new players?

Yeh, what's the difference between 300 players and 10? :]
Old 11-17-2008, 05:16 PM
Lv.1 Internet Bully
thesmoothcriminal will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to thesmoothcriminal Send a message via Yahoo to thesmoothcriminal
Graal needs to be mostly free. Its the only way its going to turn around. If other small and large mmo's can do it so can CJs
Closed Thread