Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 05-11-2011, 09:25 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
how about we charge a few cents every time you swing a sword or take a step or pull on a wall

then we can start charging a few cents for every time you try and talk on client. and then we can charge a few cents for every time you post on OGCC

with all these micro-payments, we won't even realize we're still paying full price!
Old 05-14-2011, 12:06 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
I recall making an eventually deleted post within one of the earlier threads regarding this in the Era section, which was as follows:

Quote:
I hope you realise that if you provide customers with a bad deal there is a decreased chance that they will purchase from you again in future. Whereas if you provide customers a good deal there is an increased chance that they will make further purchases from you.
Interestingly I've had conversations with iPhone players on PC Classic where they've claimed that they have quit iClassic because of this new policy.
Undoubtedly anything that charges will always be unpopular to an extent and some will react more thoroughly than others, but it seems as if what as always been one of the biggest contributors to what makes Graal...... Graal, has been ruined.
There are some things you just not should put a price tag on.
Old 05-14-2011, 12:08 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
People are quitting. I've seen it and experienced it firsthand.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:01 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
looks like the playercount has stayed static if you ask me
Old 05-14-2011, 02:10 AM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
35 shields were uploaded this week, 318 the week before that, 653 two weeks ago, 658 three weeks ago, 375 four weeks ago.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:21 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
oo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the roughoo_jazz_oo is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to oo_jazz_oo
I hope you enjoy those 35 dollars Stefan. I really hope you do.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:26 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
I wonder if the creation of an "Upload Pack" which would allow an infinite number of future uploads but for a few dollars more could possibly achieve a finer balance between income and graphic uploads.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:32 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
I wonder if the creation of an "Upload Pack" which would allow an infinite number of future uploads but for a few dollars more could possibly achieve a finer balance between income and graphic uploads.
Still seems ridiculous to charge for uploads at all.

I want to know what was the logic behind this choice? Is the game not making enough money as it is? (Serious question)
Can the servers not take the amount of uploads/players on at a time?

If its space thats an issue, then this price still seems quite ridiculous. As i'm sure it doesn't cost 1 dollar for the extra space to host a couple KB file.

Old 05-14-2011, 02:36 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
you all know you can make in-game money from various jobs right?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:43 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by oo_jazz_oo View Post
Still seems ridiculous to charge for uploads at all.
In the matter of personal ideals I agree, this is detrimental to the fact that one of the greatest features of Graal as a game is that you can build your own unique identity, the often used excuse "optional customisation" simply doesn't cover it.
This is really one of the base foundations of the game they should be trying to build sell-able updates on-top of rather than market it directly, it essentially should be acting as a glue.

I'm only proposing the possibility of a fairer system on the assumption that the system won't be removed entirely.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:45 AM
so what do you recommend? every 10 uploads you get one free?
Old 05-14-2011, 02:51 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
I think its fair to charge 20k for a head, classic does it for ****ty heads all the time, this way you get to choose a head that you actually like, However I disagree to the payment of uploading a shield. Take the price of uploading a shield down to 500 which still requires work/money to obtain but you dont loose half your life in the process.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:57 AM
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
so what do you recommend? every 10 uploads you get one free?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ffcmike View Post
Would you rather have $35 for 35 shield uploads a week, or (hypothetically: give or take) $150 for 350 uploads a week?

I also believe this would act as a slight reciprocation for the fact that you pay to upload a graphic only for another player to then be able to wear that same graphic for free (assuming this is still an issue), as this price would be covering all future uploads you make.
Old 05-14-2011, 03:00 AM
Jazz teh Awesome
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
you all know you can make in-game money from various jobs right?
Perhaps on Era, but were talking about Classic, where there is no way to get money but by tedious multi-hour endeavors.

And thats the problem. If there were jobs to make money on Classic, this wouldn't be that much of an issue.

Old 05-14-2011, 03:03 AM
The Muffin Man
Tricxta is a jewel in the roughTricxta is a jewel in the rough
The ghetto farms okayish (1k-2k/hr, depending on how many noobs there are)... just give 2000 hours of your life to iClassic and your all set or you could just ruin your battery and afk the whole thing. Your choice.

It's genius.