Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Your opinion
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: What shall i re-name my server?
Emera 10 47.62%
Vendetta 10 47.62%
Derranged 1 4.76%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 04-02-2011, 12:03 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shards-Of-Fate View Post
A note on Texans.
o_o We don't ride horses, we're not cowboys, we don't spend all of our time shooting guns.

I live in a city. o_o With real people. And no one but the red-necks have those accents and they are ALL over the United States South.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:57 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
And I like pandas. And coffee. And red scarves.

Weee!~
Old 04-02-2011, 01:52 AM
Ignorance has no future
Unkownsoldier is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by kia345 View Post
I'm pretty sure it's a joke, Europa is a real word anyway.

Your posts are all dumb. Vendetta also isn't Italian.
Your posts are disgusting. You don't even know the origin of Vendetta? I took the liberty of copying this from dictionary.com

ven·det·ta   
[ven-det-uh] Show IPA
–noun
a private feud in which the members of the family of a murdered person seek to avenge the murder by killing the slayer or one of the slayer's relatives, especially such vengeance as once practiced in Corsica and parts of Italy.
any prolonged and bitter feud, rivalry, contention, or the like: a political vendetta.
Origin:
1850–55; < Italian < Latin vindicta vengeance; see vindictive

you are really dumb. for real.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:47 AM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Obviously you just looked up the word before you posted initially. To attempt to look smarter than you actually are.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:55 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
1. Write 10 Nouns, Verbs, and Adjectives on pieces of paper.
2. Put pieces of paper in hat or other container device.
3. Shuffle Hat.
4. Pick 3 pieces of paper.

You now have your new server name.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:59 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Reality Process Psychologist.

Think it has potential?
Didn't think Psychologist was an adjective but whatever.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:04 AM
Mr. Blu
Shards-Of-Fate will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via MSN to Shards-Of-Fate Send a message via Yahoo to Shards-Of-Fate
Tear the pieces up first.

Reapropsy has some potential I guess.

Weee!~
Old 04-02-2011, 03:06 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
La Velveteen Gooks

I'd play it.
Old 04-02-2011, 03:33 AM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
Obviously you just looked up the word before you posted initially. To attempt to look smarter than you actually are.
Actually, I learned that word from the Simpsons when they went to Italy and side show bob lived there and wanted revenge on Bart. so deal with my intelligence. #pow
Old 04-02-2011, 08:49 AM
Vendetta
JesusFreak250 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
Vendetta in Italian obviously means revenge. What aspects of your server could constitute a reason for implementing this name? Take zodiac for example, Zodiac may have nothing to do with the signs on the Zodiac, but they include them and do have an impact on the game. Graal Kingdoms, includes kingdoms. Not all servers have good representative names. So, try a little harder.
Vendetta has loads of meanings X.x
Old 04-02-2011, 08:16 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
ya okay antoine

Old 04-02-2011, 09:02 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Origin:
1850–55; < Italian < Latin vindicta vengeance; see vindictive

Quote:
Latin
Please put a bit more effort into this
Old 04-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
Please put a bit more effort into this
Unfortunately for you, The Romans, who invented the language of Latin, were from many countries in Europe including Italy. Also did I mention the capital of the empire was Roma which resided in Italy? -- other than Constantinople. So poop on you.
Old 04-02-2011, 11:27 PM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Unfortunately for you, The Romans, who invented the language of Latin, were from many countries in Europe including Italy. Also did I mention the capital of the empire was Roma which resided in Italy? -- other than Constantinople. So poop on you.
But Italy is not the Roman Empire. They are two completely different countries that just happen to occupy the same land. What you're saying would be if I took an American food dish and claimed it was of Apache origin just because they're on the same land, however many years apart.

And if you want to be really specific, the people of the capital (both Rome and Constantinople) most likely spoke more Greek than Latin, as Greek was the scholarly language, studied by the political elite. That would also explain why Latin didn't carry over into the Ottoman Empire - The high class Romans of the populated cities spoke and practiced Greek, not Latin.
Old 04-03-2011, 12:29 AM
Ignorance has no future
Quote:
But Italy is not the Roman Empire. They are two completely different countries that just happen to occupy the same land. What you're saying would be if I took an American food dish and claimed it was of Apache origin just because they're on the same land, however many years apart.

And if you want to be really specific, the people of the capital (both Rome and Constantinople) most likely spoke more Greek than Latin, as Greek was the scholarly language, studied by the political elite. That would also explain why Latin didn't carry over into the Ottoman Empire - The high class Romans of the populated cities spoke and practiced Greek, not Latin.
You just proved to me how stupid a person can get.

Just because they are two separate countries, does not mean Rome didn't influence Italy in any way. Who built the buildings, the infrastructure, and the culture that resides in Italy? The Romans did. -- Also, the dish example in completely invalid. I am talking of a country that influenced a language upon another country. Italy uses the language of latin the same way the Romans did, if you make a dish that is completely different than how the Apache's did it, it is not the same thing. Yet, if you used the same materials, cooked it the same way, then yes you can pass the dish off as Apache.

Also, who cares what the scholars spoke? The language of the common people, Latin, was used by a much more massive population / slaves-farmers-etc. So therefore, of course latin would have a bigger influence than Greece. You are a dumb ****.