Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-14-2010, 07:09 PM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
03-06 nuff said.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:10 PM
IzariusRyudo is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by nullify View Post
What we need is another modern server with guns! If only people would begin developing one and realize it's a stupid idea.
Mafia Life.
Old 07-14-2010, 07:12 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by IzariusRyudo View Post
Mafia Life.
Did you realize it was a stupid idea yet? or what you actually quoted?
Old 07-14-2010, 07:18 PM
not doing alot
Liberated has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
Did you realize it was a stupid idea yet? or what you actually quoted?
i think he missed the part about modern being called a stupid idea.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:03 AM
Chance Mercy
6Burning6Church6 is on a distinguished road
Graal hasn't changed -that much- over the years, it's the community that has drastically changed. The most noticeable change would probably be the overall maturity of the staff, globally and locally. I know there is still much immaturity going on within the ranks of many servers, but the abusiveness that made the game interesting is nowhere near as bad as it was from late 2000 (when players first got to own their own servers) up through 2005 when the average age of "higher ups" became 17 - 21 rather than 12 - 16.

I can't speak much for Unholy Nation because I always strayed away from there as it was the slums of the Graal world, but during Delteria's, N-Pulse's, and Babylon's most popular times was when there were constantly people getting fired for stuff that most people would never even think of doing nowadays. Delteria was the best for this sort of entertainment, the climax being when Smooth and Zega took over the server by removing everybody else's RC rights and then proceeded to delete everything in the FTP folders. There was also the time when somebody uploaded "NAT Boots" into everyone's weapons inventory, and when everyone got summoned to a level that reset their kills/deaths/spar rating. I do remember Classic having its own fun times during this period of time with Tyhm as LAT Admin. He did some pretty crazy stuff, although I can't think of any of it off the top of my head.

This abuse also lead down into the guild community, certain servers essentially becoming run by certain guilds. This lead to even further abuse, where people would trump up random reasons to throw people into "jail" to gain an advantage in a PK war, or even going as far as having guild leaders and major members banned for the duration of the fights.

But alas, all of this was very stupid and childish, reading this post you are probably thinking "none of that sounds very fun" however I recognize quite a few names of people in this thread and I know most of you were logged on during these occasions and were having just as much fun as I was arguing about how messed up it was over mass messages. Many of the people who did this crazy abusive stuff are still in power, though like I said earlier they became "older" 5 years ago, now being even more mature they have all taken steps to ensure the things we used to do will never happen again.

I read in a thread a few weeks ago that Hell Raven is now a Global Admin. I'm not gonna knock the choice, in fact knowing the kind of person he is I think it was a great decision but this alone should show you just how little Graal has changed in comparison to how much all of us have changed. The same things that entertained us back then would only annoy and frustrate us now. What's the solution? Well you can accept that you can no longer enjoy the things you used to about this game even if the same corrupt people were in charge and had not changed one bit, thus forcing yourself to move forward with your life and maybe taking a new perspective at Graal as a development platform. Unless you find endless hours of sparring and pking fun, there aint much Graal has left to offer most of the older players.

As for you younger players, if you're as bored with Graal as some of us bickering "oldbies" then -act- mature in order to get yourself a staff job, rise through the ranks to get more and more power and once you get enough of it, abuse all the power you have as much as you can while you still have it. I guarantee you will enjoy yourself and give many other people quite a few hours of entertaining conversation.

- American Pride
"We will stop terrorist TOGETHER." - President Bush
Quote:
Originally posted by Stefan
Oh that can happen because of stupid coding,
people doing stuff like

if (playertouchsme)
toweapons I am a dumb scripter
}

forgetting the ;
"Never argue with a idiot, or they'll be you by experience."
- So that means don't argue with me.
Old 07-30-2010, 04:42 AM
Zenkou
KMashaneyK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to KMashaneyK Send a message via MSN to KMashaneyK
Delteria was the first server ever, that I called home on Graal. The first time I obtained a staff position was on Delteria, and I was hired by Smooth Criminal, when he was Events Chief. I was only in 6th grade at the time, and I am now 22 years old. But, it was the funniest times of my life on a PC game.

In my personal opinion, I believe the down fall was when you had to start paying for Graal. Before Gold, and all that stuff. When it was just a download, account creation, and boom...Graal.

I remember the last day before you had to upgrade your account with a one time fee. Everybody was saying good bye, and a lot of players were leaving, most of them I considered the best players on Graal. But one thing was for sure, TNR and MHX battles were the best PK wars on Delteria.

Ans as Chance mentioned, its probably because we all have grown up and we aren't enjoying it as much as we did when we were younger. Mostly because of our immaturity at that time. But I seem to always come back, hoping Graal will be as good as it was when I played way back when.
Old 07-30-2010, 07:26 AM
ω
Seeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to beholdSeeya is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to Seeya
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMashaneyK View Post
Delteria was the first server ever, that I called home on Graal. The first time I obtained a staff position was on Delteria, and I was hired by Smooth Criminal, when he was Events Chief. I was only in 6th grade at the time, and I am now 22 years old. But, it was the funniest times of my life on a PC game.

In my personal opinion, I believe the down fall was when you had to start paying for Graal. Before Gold, and all that stuff. When it was just a download, account creation, and boom...Graal.

I remember the last day before you had to upgrade your account with a one time fee. Everybody was saying good bye, and a lot of players were leaving, most of them I considered the best players on Graal. But one thing was for sure, TNR and MHX battles were the best PK wars on Delteria.

Ans as Chance mentioned, its probably because we all have grown up and we aren't enjoying it as much as we did when we were younger. Mostly because of our immaturity at that time. But I seem to always come back, hoping Graal will be as good as it was when I played way back when.
*drops single tear*

Old 07-30-2010, 07:36 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMashaneyK View Post
You were 13 years old in 6th grade?
Old 07-30-2010, 08:02 AM
Alure1316 is on a distinguished road
Graal needs to go back to being one server only
Old 07-30-2010, 03:37 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alure1316 View Post
No.
Old 07-30-2010, 06:43 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alure1316 View Post
how is this a good idea
Old 07-31-2010, 04:16 AM
Zenkou
KMashaneyK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to KMashaneyK Send a message via MSN to KMashaneyK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demisis_P2P View Post
You were 13 years old in 6th grade?
I apologize, 8th grade. =)
Old 08-05-2010, 04:24 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
graal needs to give me global RC and all of your issues would be dissolved.
Old 08-05-2010, 04:35 AM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
graal needs to give me global RC and all of your issues would be dissolved.
upload trojan too all servers