Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-29-2008, 06:32 AM
Inactive Graal Player
grawlgamer is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to grawlgamer Send a message via MSN to grawlgamer
How does this new trial system work anyway?

I don't have a time limit, or a screen size limit, the only thing it hinders is my ability to dress, and this doesn't even work in most servers, what the hell does paying give me that being free doesn't?

Being female must be an issue for you every month though, right?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:38 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by grawlgamer View Post
I don't have a time limit, or a screen size limit, the only thing it hinders is my ability to dress, and this doesn't even work in most servers, what the hell does paying give me that being free doesn't?
Should be observer mode...
Old 06-29-2008, 06:43 AM
Inactive Graal Player
The time limit thing doesn't even work, oh no I have to log off 5 minutes to get another 5 hours of play time, it doesn't hinder me.

Old 06-29-2008, 06:47 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
Quote:
The time limit thing doesn't even work, oh no I have to log off 5 minutes to get another 5 hours of play time, it doesn't hinder me.
Why are you complaining? o.o
Old 06-29-2008, 07:00 AM
Inactive Graal Player
Because it makes me feel dirty, I am a perfectionist and I liked the clean no save trials from like a year ago. And the fact that it is incredibly bad for business?

Last edited by grawlgamer; 06-29-2008 at 07:23 AM..
Old 07-01-2008, 03:09 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Doesn't limiting free accounts still work, via the Server Options through the limitfreeplayers2 (or whatever) flag? Ever since V5 and Observer mode came out, it's been set to false on Era, when it used to be true. I've not set it back to true, to test it, and I'm not tempted to, in case there's a lot of pissy newbies, so I guess this is really more of a question: Does it still work?
· User Agreement · Code of Conduct · Forum Rules ·
· Graal Support · Administrative Contacts ·
Old 07-01-2008, 04:57 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TSAdmin View Post
Doesn't limiting free accounts still work, via the Server Options through the limitfreeplayers2 (or whatever) flag? Ever since V5 and Observer mode came out, it's been set to false on Era, when it used to be true. I've not set it back to true, to test it, and I'm not tempted to, in case there's a lot of pissy newbies, so I guess this is really more of a question: Does it still work?
What DID it do?
Old 07-01-2008, 03:09 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Some of the limitations are obvious, like limited choice of look and only 5 hours per month free playing time, then being switch to observer mode on login and from time to time. There are additional limitations on servers: only one pm per minute, no mass PMs or PMs to other servers, limited choice of classes and weapons on Zone, you cannot become staff on servers.

limitfreeplayers2 is disabling bombs, horses and projectiles for trial accounts and should not be used except there is some hacker problem or so, although I've not heard of any such attempt for years.

Btw: thanks for my spectacular aura

Last edited by Admins; 07-01-2008 at 03:21 PM..
Old 07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
the fake one
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
only one pm per minute, no mass PMs or PMs to other servers
This is a good limitation, though it can be very annoying (it's why I upgraded)!

My only suggestion for that is when you try to send a Mass PM, don't have EVERYONE ON THE SERVER PM you that trials can't send mass messages ... just display a message or something.
Old 07-02-2008, 02:37 AM
Forum Moderator
TSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to beholdTSAdmin is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbk1994 View Post
This is a good limitation, though it can be very annoying (it's why I upgraded)!

My only suggestion for that is when you try to send a Mass PM, don't have EVERYONE ON THE SERVER PM you that trials can't send mass messages ... just display a message or something.
Yeah. The problem with PMs is that if I sent you a single PM that was headed
"Guild message:"
or
"Mass message:"
the bubble you get changes colour, to suite the PM type normally headed like that, even though I only sent it to you, and you alone, so that just means that a Mass message is sent singularly to one person at a time, and just prefixed with "Mass message:<returnKey>Message here", so maybe the PM system, itself, should be looked into, and then make something like a System Popup from the Graal Client alert of any error, such as Trial's not being allowed to mass.

Since it works like this, at least 1 person (Probably the NPC server, assuming the player selected from top to bottom and hit Enter) will get their Mass PM.
Old 07-03-2008, 11:15 PM
Inactive Graal Player
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
5 hours per month free playing time, then being switch to observer mode on login and from time to time.
That makes no sense, I have much more than 5 hours of free play time, sometimes I logon and have 5, sometimes 2, it seems almost like someone else is using up my time, but if I get stuck on observer mode I just log off for a minute and log back on.

Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
That makes no sense, I have much more than 5 hours of free play time, sometimes I logon and have 5, sometimes 2, it seems almost like someone else is using up my time, but if I get stuck on observer mode I just log off for a minute and log back on.
I made a trial account, before the observer guest stuff (one of the old ones with an actual account name) and, personally, I've not seen +5 hours of free play per month since January. Once I used up FOUR hours in January, I've not had Free Play on it, since... So... do we ACTUALLY get 5 hours per month, or not?
Old 07-04-2008, 10:50 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's measuring the online time of the last 30 days, not January, February etc.
Old 07-04-2008, 03:11 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
My account never renewed any freeplay time. Once my 5 hours of trial ran out that was it :/ I have been stuck in observer mode(not stuck, I still get to play ever so often) since it came out.
Old 07-05-2008, 02:10 AM
Forum Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
My account never renewed any freeplay time. Once my 5 hours of trial ran out that was it :/ I have been stuck in observer mode(not stuck, I still get to play ever so often) since it came out.
Yes, this is exactly what I mean. These "5 hours" are not renewing every 30 days...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan
It's measuring the online time of the last 30 days...
Does this include time used, online, on any given P2P, per 30 days? Such as me using up the whole 5 hours of Online Play on my TSAdmin account, then getting onto my trial account, and it's time having expired?