Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Bug Report
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-21-2007, 06:36 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
F2 log causing severe lag

When the F2 log gets too "full", it causes severe lag on Graal. I tested this on Zodiac, with the help of other players. Most of the 83 players had experienced the lag since v5 was released, and some of them thought the F2 window was to blame.

So I spammed the crap out of it, and truly I started to lag alot. Note, the lag only appears for a brief second, and only everytime a new message is sent to the F2 log if it's too full. However, when I tried the same thing again after clearing the F2 window, it didn't work. My theory is that it depends on how much text is in the other tabs as well, I really dont know.

Until it's fixed, I've added a script on Zodiac that clears the "Game" window of text when F2LogWindow_Text0.text.length() is more then 10,000.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Varia Developer
Angel_Light is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel_Light Send a message via MSN to Angel_Light
I just spammed out my f2 log, no lag...
Old 07-21-2007, 08:12 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
I tested it some further, and it happens when more then one of the tabs have alot of text in it. Depends from computer to computer too, of course.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 07-21-2007, 07:36 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Should only happen when the F2 window is open though. Logging 10000 lines to the log is more a bug of the server though, remove the bugs or do not display all the debug information to normal players please.
Old 07-21-2007, 10:23 PM
Master of Puppets
Problem on Zodiac is, that everytime someone does a /shout it gets saved in the log - which gets quite a problem with alot of players online.

Old 07-22-2007, 07:25 AM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Problem on Zodiac is, that everytime someone does a /shout it gets saved in the log - which gets quite a problem with alot of players online.
Save it to a file. If they wish to view history: they can press a button to open the file

....also wipe the file on login