Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-10-2004, 04:21 AM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Termina_Owner

What do I call you then? (I only see your account, yet nothing indicated whom you like being called.)
Other peopel call me Jagen, my sig indicates that, and Spark's global contact list (I'm GST) also refers to me as Jagen.
Old 02-10-2004, 05:04 AM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Re: ugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Vegeta940
people jesus christ im just asking for u to tell me what i did wrong, btw i got the script now if u want it.\

o and btw thx genesis i agree wit u, i mean, this section was meant to help with peoples scripts, why do u peeps make such a big f***in deal about it?
If we don't make a big f'n deal about it, people will just continuously ask for scripts here, degrading the quality of threads in this forum, causing some skilled scripters to stop posting, and ensuring the continuation of script stealing. People who ask for scripts w/out bothering to learn are the BANE of Gscripting, we do not wish to promote that here, nor anywhere else.

What you are asking is for someone to just fix your script, you need to be able to find a part of your script that doesn't seem to be working, and ask about that and why it is not working. If you can do that, then by all means do so. But just posting your whole script and asking us to find what is wrong and give suggestions (fix it) just doesn't fly. Most everyone here will be happy to help you if you are willing to take the effort to take apart your script, find what is not working, then ask why it is not working (scripters are rather lazy, and don't feel like doing alot of work just to help someone out). If you can do that and then learn from what help you get, noone should give you any crap.
Old 02-10-2004, 06:57 AM
Termina_Owner is on a distinguished road
Re: Re: ugh

Quote:
Originally posted by Dach

If we don't make a big f'n deal about it, people will just continuously ask for scripts here, degrading the quality of threads in this forum, causing some skilled scripters to stop posting, and ensuring the continuation of script stealing. People who ask for scripts w/out bothering to learn are the BANE of Gscripting, we do not wish to promote that here, nor anywhere else.

What you are asking is for someone to just fix your script, you need to be able to find a part of your script that doesn't seem to be working, and ask about that and why it is not working. If you can do that, then by all means do so. But just posting your whole script and asking us to find what is wrong and give suggestions (fix it) just doesn't fly. Most everyone here will be happy to help you if you are willing to take the effort to take apart your script, find what is not working, then ask why it is not working (scripters are rather lazy, and don't feel like doing alot of work just to help someone out). If you can do that and then learn from what help you get, noone should give you any crap.
Couldn't have said better.

Erm... Yea... Couldn't've said better.

As for the script, it was horribly wrong. I mean... The first thing I saw was "toweapons", then I saw a loop using If's:
NPC Code:

i = 0;
if (1==1) i++; // I don't know, if (1) command doesn't work anymore.
if (1==1) i++;
if (1==1) i++;
if (1==1) i++;
if (1==1) i++;
if (1==1) i++;
message #(i);

That's basically what was in the script... I didn't bother seeing any more indepth. (BTW, that was a simplified version of what I posted earlier, and teh falg wasn't 1 == 1.)

It all went downhill from there
Old 02-10-2004, 07:06 AM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
my sig indicates that
No?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:03 AM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
It has his name in RC or something (a log)
I was right, *High fives*..
I've been wondering, why would there be a gravity NPC that's just corupt people running and jumping...
And as many have suggested you have stole, don't steal complex scripts with complex commands like that when you don't know how to indent. Lol.
If you're going to steal something don't make it to obvious you didn't make it :o

<Spellin'>
Old 02-10-2004, 04:04 PM
Actually, it's pretty hilarious how a script like that even managed to get copied. It's below any standards I've seen of nowadays.

The script isn't very good, and I think that he is all the worst copying that one in particular. It seems like a script that would have worked in version 2.38 or somewhere near that version. Those kinds of scripts work very badly when the NC Server came out. I wouldn't recommend anyone to copy the scripts from those old sites in which no one goes to anymore due to unupdated scripts.

Well... I don't know if he copied or not, but if he didn't, he'd be able to see at least one of the mistakes in which he caused.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:31 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Hmm, now that you mention it, it does look similar to this script (which I edited awhile ago and don't remember what I did)
NPC Code:

// NPC made by DarkNija
if (playerenters) {
hide;
toweapons Gravity;
playerx=int(playerx);
playery=int(playery);
playerdir=3;
timeout=0.05;
}
if (timeout&&isweapon) {
if (playerhearts==0) {
players[0].dir=2;
}
if (!antigravity) {setgif gravityboots2.png;replaceani swim,marioswim;
if (playerswimming&&keydown(0)) {velocity=-1;}
if (keydown(0)&&playersprite>=1&&playersprite<=8) {playery+=.05;}
if (playerdir==0||playerdir==2) {playerdir=gravdir;}
if (onwall(playerx+0.5,playery+3)||onwall(playerx+1.5 ,playery+3)) {
velocity=0;
playery=int(playery);
if (keydown(6)) velocity=-2;

}
else if (keydown(2)&&playersprite>=1&&playersprite<=8) playery-=0.5;
if (onwall(playerx+0.5,playery-0.1)||onwall(playerx+0.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+ 1.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+1.5,playery-0.1)) velocity=0.1;
else {
if (velocity>-0.1&&velocity<=0) velocity=0.1;
if (velocity>3) velocity=3;
}
if (abs(velocity)>0) {
playery+=velocity/6;
if ((velocity>0&&(onwall(playerx+0.5,playery+3)||onwa ll(playerx+1.5,playery+3)))||(velocity<0&&(onwall( playerx+0.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+1.5,playery)) )) playery=int(playery);
else playery+=velocity/6;
if ((velocity>0&&(onwall(playerx+0.5,playery+3)||onwa ll(playerx+1.5,playery+3)))||(velocity<0&&(onwall( playerx+0.5,playery)||onwall(playerx+1.5,playery)) )) playery=int(playery);
}
velocity+=abs(velocity/4);
if (this.shot==9) {
hideimg 345;
this.shot=0;
}
if (this.shot>0) {
if (this.sd==1) this.sx-=0.75;
if (this.sd==3) this.sx+=0.75;
showimg 345,throwsword#v(this.sd).gif,this.sx,this.sy;
if (this.sd==1) {
if (testplayer(this.sx,this.sy)>-2) hitplayer testplayer(this.sx,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testnpc(this.sx,this.sy)>-2) hitnpc testnpc(this.sx,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testcompu(this.sx,this.sy)>-2) hitcompu testcompu(this.sx,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
}
if (this.sd==3) {
if (testplayer(this.sx+1,this.sy)>-2) hitplayer testplayer(this.sx+1,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testnpc(this.sx+1,this.sy)>-2) hitnpc testnpc(this.sx+1,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
if (testcompu(this.sx+1,this.sy)>-2) hitcompu testcompu(this.sx+1,this.sy),2,playerx,playery;
}
this.shot++;
}
if (playersprite==11&&playerhearts==playerfullhearts) {
this.shot=1;
this.sd=playerdir;
if (this.sd==1) {
this.sx=playerx-2;
this.sy=playery+1;
}
if (this.sd==3) {
this.sx=playerx+2;
this.sy=playery+1;
}
showimg 345,throwsword#v(this.sd).gif,this.sx,this.sy;
}
if ((keydown(0)||keydown(2))&&!(keydown(1)||keydown(3 ))) playersprite=0;
if (keydown(1)&&!keydown(3)) playerdir=1;
if (keydown(3)&&!keydown(1)) playerdir=3;
gravdir=playerdir;
}
timeout=0.05;
}else{setgif gravityboots.png;replaceani swim,swim}
if (keydown(6)) {setani jumpnrun,;}

Old 02-10-2004, 05:31 PM
Banned
R0bin is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to R0bin
Quote:
Originally posted by Termina_Owner
Actually, it's pretty hilarious how a script like that even managed to get copied. It's below any standards I've seen of nowadays.

The script isn't very good, and I think that he is all the worst copying that one in particular. It seems like a script that would have worked in version 2.38 or somewhere near that version. Those kinds of scripts work very badly when the NC Server came out. I wouldn't recommend anyone to copy the scripts from those old sites in which no one goes to anymore due to unupdated scripts.

Well... I don't know if he copied or not, but if he didn't, he'd be able to see at least one of the mistakes in which he caused.
C:\graal2001\levels\weapons\hammer.txt

<3
Old 02-10-2004, 09:15 PM
Duwul is on a distinguished road
This is a funny script hehe =P
Old 02-10-2004, 09:42 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally posted by Python523
my sig indicates that
It doesn't really Only the Jagen prob...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 02-10-2004, 10:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Duwul
This is a funny script hehe =P
I would put it in the catagory Depressing.