Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Unholy Nation Main Forum > Unholy Nation News
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2013, 11:41 PM
David K?
Devil_Lord2 can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensor View Post
Every server will have kids asking for 'dates' or 'marry me.'
It has been tried to fix, but nothing can get rid of the idea. Not even banning them will fix anything.

iClassic is starting to turn into UN. New weapons that are fun to use. More fun events. What's next?
In my opinion, UN shouldn't have a chance at iOS.
Two nearly the same servers will just confuse players.

Not to be mean or anything.<3
You can't be serious? Dating and marriages has been human nature for millenniums. Even I remember dressing up as a baby 13 years ago. Never asked for people to adopt me though. I've had Graal dates, as well as dressed up as a girl for items.

You are talking about getting rid of many social aspects of Graal, and social aspects are pretty much the core of Graal lol..

I mainly came on to say please don't make an iUN. UN is full of racism, rudeness, and obnoxious players. I use to like iClassic because it was fresh and nice, but has turned into its PC counterpart. Don't make an even worse iPod app.. Especially one that doesn't even have a particular theme... Beamsabers, Arrows, Cars, Magic..

Digital Media Artist - David K? </3 (UnLoved)
www.davidkrout.com
www.twitch.com/DavidKkz

Old 07-28-2013, 06:02 AM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
This is interesting... We had to rescript Delteria from scratch in order to go to iOS. Funny and most annoying part here is your admitting to aiming for iclassic players. When we developed delteria, one thing came to our mind, how can we be different? How can we attract new players and offer the idevice world something that has never been seen before.

We didn't want delteria to just be another hangout when players got bored. We was aiming for new and old players. I think UN has been on steady spiral downwards because the community is what kept UN alive for so many years and those players had moved on and grew up. The only thing that can possible be used for iOS is the levels plus what ever old school images you have. Every event in UN would have to be rescripted from scratch and I honestly don't see any man power on UN to get that done. You guys could hardly convert GS1 to GS2, and you guys still FROM this day use my shitty scroll warping NPC that I made for NeoJenova back in 02, that we replaced the warp rings with.

Eitherway Good Luck I guess anything is possible.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 07-28-2013, 07:25 PM
skillmaster19 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
This is interesting... We had to rescript Delteria from scratch in order to go to iOS. Funny and most annoying part here is your admitting to aiming for iclassic players. When we developed delteria, one thing came to our mind, how can we be different? How can we attract new players and offer the idevice world something that has never been seen before.

We didn't want delteria to just be another hangout when players got bored. We was aiming for new and old players. I think UN has been on steady spiral downwards because the community is what kept UN alive for so many years and those players had moved on and grew up. The only thing that can possible be used for iOS is the levels plus what ever old school images you have. Every event in UN would have to be rescripted from scratch and I honestly don't see any man power on UN to get that done. You guys could hardly convert GS1 to GS2, and you guys still FROM this day use my shitty scroll warping NPC that I made for NeoJenova back in 02, that we replaced the warp rings with.

Eitherway Good Luck I guess anything is possible.
iClassic originally started as more of a rpg-like server, similar to pc classic in a way. There was more emphasis on playable content like quests, guild activities like forts, and all kinds of fun stuff. Stefan even said he was gonna add the abilty for players to make their own dungeons in a post on toucharcade. Of course, all of this was scrapped when the development of iClassic gradually switched to making the game more of a social hangout. Me as well as many others were disappointed in this change, as the game is mostly dumbed down for casual players, and contains mostly customization content.

iUN is aimed to appeal to those who dislike the current direction iClassic has taken. It will contain more playable content and have not as heavy of an influence on customization/RP. I mean I'm sure there will be hats and stuff, but it wont be the entire focus of the server. iClassic would remain the server for people who prefer a much more casual player hangout to RP and buy hats and stuff, I imagine UN would be more pking/sparring oriented and with more playable stuff.

Correct me if I'm wrong, these are just assumptions based on what I've heard/know.

But yeah, I'm not sure if they would get enough people to help. Considering that Stefan has ignored UN a ton in the past, he probably won't help you make it to iPhone unless you make something truly amazing that's never been seen before. You'd need to make something truly outstanding in order to get his attention. For example, back when Europa was around he was amazed by Vinka's hand drawn style of graphics, and offered to make the server for facebook/iPhone. Vinka said no though, as he wanted a server to keep PC Graal alive. He also offered to make PC Classic an iPhone/fb server or something like that, and Thor refused for the same exact reason.

So if you make something of truly high quality that Graal hasn't seen before, then you can show him and ask for the iPhone systems.
Old 07-28-2013, 09:05 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Your hopes is irrelevant to what i was saying? In his post he clearly said if players get bored there is another server a player can go, to "hangout". UN has never been appealing or amazing, I'm not sure where you're getting with that. And even if a server is appealing to stefan, he isn't going to be all that much involved besides implementing the payment system. Delteria for an example, he likes delteria a lot and is very interested. Only time he logs on to program is to modify/fix the facebook payment system. He is too busy modifying and maintaining the already existing iDevice servers. So talking about quality really isn't feasible anyways when it comes to UN.

Also you don't "need" Stefans iphone systems, there not all that great anyways. Any competent programmer can do without them which there probably better off anyways.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Old 07-28-2013, 09:38 PM
Graalian since '01
Stowen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Stowen Send a message via MSN to Stowen
Wow, we aren't even outside of the planning stages yet guys. We still don't even know what we are going to do. This post was mainly just a heads up that we MIGHT be bringing UN to the iPhone platform.
Unholy Nation is my home.
Old 07-29-2013, 02:36 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stowen View Post
Wow, we aren't even outside of the planning stages yet guys. We still don't even know what we are going to do. This post was mainly just a heads up that we MIGHT be bringing UN to the iPhone platform.
I've heard cloud surfing is fun.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:50 PM
C:
devilsknite1 has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
In his post he clearly said if players get bored there is another server a player can go, to "hangout".
Not once did I even propose that to be the goal, nor have I said we are aiming for the iClassic players. I think a response to your previous two posts could very easily be addressed if you did that one thing with your eyes they call "reading". It's kind of a weird concept, but try it, you might be surprised
Old 07-29-2013, 07:48 PM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bensor View Post
Every server will have kids asking for 'dates' or 'marry me.'
The problem is that UN has adults asking for those things.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM
AGT
dylan has a spectacular aura about
The whole time I was reading MD's posts I was just picturing this lady:

Anyway, back to the topic:
What advantages will bringing UN to iOS be than to just "take iClassic's players"?

In my personal opinion, UN is currently iClassic ep 2 after completing the hearts questline. (Of course, there are a few other differences but that is the gist of it.)

<@Logan> I spent a minute looking at my own code by accident.
<@Logan> I was thinking "What the hell is this guy doing?"
Old 07-30-2013, 02:01 AM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
UN is kind of like Era's shooting range.
Old 07-30-2013, 04:36 AM
C:
Send a message via AIM to devilsknite1 Send a message via MSN to devilsknite1 Send a message via Yahoo to devilsknite1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylan View Post
What advantages will bringing UN to iOS be than to just "take iClassic's players"?

In my personal opinion, UN is currently iClassic ep 2 after completing the hearts questline. (Of course, there are a few other differences but that is the gist of it.)
Kind of the same response that I had to MD: I clarified some plans on previous pages. And how iUN is structured will be quite a bit different from how PC UN is. The server will have a constant idea running through it instead of a releasable Testbed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
UN is kind of like Era's shooting range.
Just go away you failed underground bridge troll how many slices of bologna did you eat today and how many lag spikes did your 20000 GB log files cause nerd????????????
Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 PM
PumaD is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This is interesting... We had to rescript Delteria from scratch in order to go to iOS.
Why bother keep "taking" iEra and iZone scripts then, all the time? Seems like Delteria isn't that self-made as much as you want people to think.

I think UN is a great server, mostly because of the community there, including trolls.
I believe iUN could have lots of content, especially if they make use of their NPCs, as in adding those as tools to start/finish quests, or make some of them easier(and/or harder when using them in a wrong way). Ya, I would have faith in this project if it's going to be live, I'd help out aswell, if needed.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:00 AM
Dictatin' since 2001
Fidel Castro is a jewel in the roughFidel Castro is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Just go away you failed underground bridge troll how many slices of bologna did you eat today and how many lag spikes did your 20000 GB log files cause nerd????????????
Unfortunately if you do not know Tim he can come off as kind of an ******* but he's just being honest in a sarcastic way. Other than a few ideas you really haven't been able to convince anyone that iUN is really going to be any different from iClassic, and the fact that you reference iClassic doesn't help to sway that notion.

Like Stowen said, iUN is merely an idea at this point, and you were clearly posting in order to gain some sort of cheerleading squad hurraying your ideas. Don't be mad people are disagreeing with you- instead take what they say constructively, do some homework, and come back with some real ideas that will excite us and everyone else. Your enthusiasm is definitely a plus, just need some more preparation.
Old 07-31-2013, 02:34 AM
C:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel Castro View Post
Unfortunately if you do not know Tim he can come off as kind of an ******* but he's just being honest in a sarcastic way. Other than a few ideas you really haven't been able to convince anyone that iUN is really going to be any different from iClassic, and the fact that you reference iClassic doesn't help to sway that notion.

Like Stowen said, iUN is merely an idea at this point, and you were clearly posting in order to gain some sort of cheerleading squad hurraying your ideas. Don't be mad people are disagreeing with you- instead take what they say constructively, do some homework, and come back with some real ideas that will excite us and everyone else. Your enthusiasm is definitely a plus, just need some more preparation.
Because honesty via sarcasm is now represented by calling a server a shooting range? Not entirely sure that's accurate. I do believe that the extensive amount of question marks should have addressed the tone of that poorly constructed sentence; it also somehow seems pretty similar to the original post it was made for.

Same response to you as I gave MD: READ! There are multiple times (pages, really) where I have explicitly stated that the core outline for the server is not yet solidified nor released to the public. What I have said is that we have an idea that we're following, and that idea has been stated a few times. I don't believe I've referenced iClassic for any structural ideas pertaining to iUN. Not to mention I'm not even heading this project!

The entire point of this thread is only to announce that it is underway, not to provide a detailed outline of what iUN is going to be. Unfortunately, all I've been able to cover is what it isn't. Though that isn't entirely my fault as the majority of things brought up have been somewhere along the lines of 'how it will differ from iClassic', which is what I'm guessing you're meaning when you state that I'm referencing iClassic. However, that reading thing will show why that server was even mentioned at all. I think the first response even had that server's name in it. In the first post though, the mentioning of iClassic was basically the "inb4" effect. It was entirely sarcastic, but has already been brought into question. So I hope that isn't what was being addressed.

Please, no more of these comments unless you've actually read the entire thread. Repetition is getting quite old.
Old 07-31-2013, 03:09 AM
a true gentlemen
Quote:
Originally Posted by devilsknite1 View Post
Because honesty via sarcasm is now represented by calling a server a shooting range? Not entirely sure that's accurate.
The shooting range is scripted in GS1 and occasional works. Something tells me that a lot of scripts on UN are in GS1 which is going to be unacceptable for Stefan before you'll ever make it to iOS.