Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLusioNofGranduer
It is logical because he is the one who said it. I never meant to judge your conclusion of what you think he said
Let me make this simpler for you.

You have been arguing against my decision to post criticism in the thread by claiming that it's not what he wanted. I can only base such decisions on the information I have and the interpretations I make from that. Now, whether or not I reach an accurate approximation of his feelings is not solely based on my own skills. If he presents himself poorly then, however good my interpretative abilities, I will not be able to extract the intended meaning.

My argument, then, is this: Even if he didn't want criticism, there was no way for me to know it because he didn't voice it in the original post and thus I am exempt from whatever blame you're trying to place on me. This is true regardless of whatever he may say from here onwards.

Quote:
Its poorly articulated but its easier to read?
No. It's poorly articulated and equally easy to read. The difficulty comes when we attempt to translate your words to english.
Old 08-10-2004, 01:21 PM
Scripter
amonrabr is on a distinguished road
Hmm.. I didnt like how its so off-topic =P

The idea of this post was teach some 3D things, and we people show our 3D works.
I didnt post or I said anything for someone in special.. I hope you all like what I made.. couse I never really like what I do, thats good couse we always think that we can make something better, thats how I learn.. I believe when you dont have envy, and you think that you´re the best in something you stop learning, since you think you learned enought.
I really didnt understand what you people mean with alot of things here =P Thats couse my english sucks.. I have to tranlate in my head everything and some things dont make me sence.

About Kai, sure I like ideas and opinions. I just dont like how you point all posts to you. We could just talk about the topic, and stop talking about you or me, or someone else, or skills. The topic is about 3D, I would like to have a better English to explain better the 3D world, so more people could join it, and post here their works. Thats the reason I tryed to explain in that little tutorial. I think what we are doing is great for Graal3D.. It will be a big step changing the whole way we saw graal all this years, posting about 3D we make more people like it, like I do.

(Not talking about Kai anymore, I have to explain.. lol)
Criticism is always welcome, but say something that you people really think, and not to show yourselves. =)

Maybe you people could try to make some changes in the star script I posted and show here, some ideas.. Each star one color.. and going to the mouse position, not the Lens, would be nice

Quote:
iLLusioNofGranduer
It sounds like to me he was getting at that he doesnt want to hear about you guys saying your able to do better, blah...
This forum isnt described as "post a script and let scripters tell you how they beat you with another one, or can make better!!"
Yeap =) you are totally right. what you said in the other posts too..

Sorry for the problems my post made.. o.O

Old 08-10-2004, 02:12 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonrabr
About Kai, sure I like ideas and opinions. I just dont like how you point all posts to you
Could you give me an example, please?
Old 08-10-2004, 03:00 PM
Scripter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimetsu
Could you give me an example, please?
I think thats not a good idea, since its off-topic.. and we will fight or something.. but ok =) hope you dont be mad with me ok? And if you post an answer I will not answer or we will never stop

Quote:
Nice effect, hideous coding. And the sphere's a little unoriginal, don't you think? :-p
Your talking about you.. this post made people say somethings like this:
Quote:
NICE WORK, very original (pokes kaimetsu) har har
still talking about you

Quote:
when an event has an external param.. like Keypress has #p() params.. The script is called twice
answer:

Yes. But the screen only updates once, meaning the second processing was wasted time, serving no purpose but to desync the animation slightly. I already explained this.
Off course I knew that, I just would like to acelerate the script when needed.. but your answer fell like I was saying something stupid, and you were right, and explaining me again, felling like I didnt understand before, something that I never said different =P

This answer made everybody thinks and point the post all for you.. so You got what you want.. other post like this:

Quote:
I think Kai should strike back with an even greater 3d object.
Now you got the post "how kai could do it better" that I said before..

Quote:
I am all lazy and stuff
Stilll talking about you.. isnt the post about 3d? o.O

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nappa
I think Kai should strike back with an even greater 3d object.

Lance:
Do you think he could create...a 3d FUN MACHINE?
no comment...

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Do you think he could create...a 3d FUN MACHINE?

Psht no

Only I can do that. Kai is a newbie compared to my fun machine.
no comment again...

After this.. we lost the whole point of the Post.. talking about what I mean in that post and other things...

Lets talk about http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=51990 ??
=P

Quote:
I don't mean to downplay Amon-Ra's accomplishments, but that barrier was broken a long time ago.
ok.. YOU broke.. congrats.. Pointing to you

Quote:
Yeah, I remember one of your 3D light like things of a player in a tube or so.
Ok.. now the post is about you..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by WanDaMan
Yes it was, by you and AmonBr... Didn't you make another one like ages ago? (amon?)

He did indeed, yes. I believe that made him the second of many (Dach and Hell Raven also made 3D engines, I think).
ok.. YOU were the first..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910
Yeah, I remember one of your 3D light like things of a player in a tube or so.

answer:
The original sphere, presumably. It was nice for its time, but showpoly paved the way for my newer superphat polygonal version ^_^
Lets talk about YOU

Quote:
Really nice
But Kaimetsu's 3d thing was cool, too.
Looks like we were posting together..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by Kaimetsu

*nods*

It'd say it's probably the simplest route for what you want, without any unnecessary fanciness. Still, it's fun to think about how other effects would be achieved.

Why don't you add some nifty effects to your modle?
What was the topic about? I forgot..

Quote:
Quote:
Originally posted by WanDaMan

Why don't you add some nifty effects to your modle?
Answer:
If you suggest something then I'll consider it
hmm...

XD

I ignored many posts.. I just post this couse you asked.. sorry..
Old 08-10-2004, 03:05 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Amon, I still think all 3 of those 3d things look fantastic...
Old 08-10-2004, 03:29 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
Your talking about you..
You copied my script, man. I'm not allowed to make reference to that fact?

Quote:
this post made people say somethings like this:
I'm being held responsible for what other people say?

Quote:
Off course I knew that, I just would like to acelerate the script when needed
Right, but:

1) You're not actually accelerating the script in the normal sense. Doubling up the world manipulation doesn't serve any useful purpose.
2) You don't have control over when those extra events are triggered, so it's not a matter of 'when needed'.
3) You can produce the same effect anyway simply by putting a little loop around the bulk of the timeout code.

Quote:
but your answer fell like I was saying something stupid, and you were right
Yeah, pretty much. You haven't yet shown this to be false.

Quote:
This answer made everybody thinks and point the post all for you.. so You got what you want..
Again, you're criticising me based on how other people react to my posts? I can't control that, man. I'm not going to avoid disagreeing with you just so other people don't start mentioning me.

Quote:
Now you got the post "how kai could do it better" that I said before..
Again, not posted by me. I can't be held responsible for what other people choose to do.

Quote:
Stilll talking about you..
Somebody suggested something, and I answered in a simple, concise manner. What, should I ignore them?

Quote:
Lets talk about http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=51990 ??
=P

ok.. YOU broke.. congrats.. Pointing to you
I corrected an erroneous statement, in order to ensure credit was given where it was due. I hardly think that's unfair.

From this point forward, I'm not even going to address the parts where you blame me for what other people do.

Quote:
ok.. YOU were the first..
Yes, I was. Wan was suggesting otherwise, so I corrected him. Again, merely interested in credit where it's due.

Quote:
Lets talk about YOU
Spark talked to me, I replied. Simple etiquette.

Look, I'm sorry that you're not getting as much attention here as you'd like, but that's not my fault. I'm not going to let you maintain the pretense that your creations are new or original if you're actually taking credit that rightfully belongs to me. And if people choose to respond to my comments instead of yours then that's not my fault either. I don't think you have a right to accuse me of being egocentric when you're here whining because you're not getting enough praise.
Old 08-10-2004, 03:57 PM
Scripter
Quote:
I made a plane, a cylinder, a cube.. There isnt a reason to not make a sphere.

about the rest..

You know me..
Old 08-10-2004, 04:47 PM
Script Monkey
Quote:
There isnt a reason to not make a sphere
A rotating sphere, with a light source whose position is determined by that of the mouse. Yeah.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:11 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Quote:
A rotating sphere, with a light source whose position is determined by that of the mouse. Yeah.
And what is wrong with it? I would like to script something like that if i could and obviously wouldn't be just for the fact that you or anyone else made it once, it would be for the fact that i wanted to improve my abilities and/or help people, like Amon-Ra did.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:25 PM
In Your Mouth
iLLusioNofGranduer is on a distinguished road
Kai, scripts can look similar, but from what I know you made, (meaning I havent seen your script for it), its probably not a copy of yours. Its too much extra to be just yours. He probably scripted it using the way you did. There isnt always many ways to script something.

Lance, you have a narrowed vision on how to read things if you cant understand what my point is/was. It makes/made perfect sense and like I also said, the reason it didnt make sense to you is probably because you didnt follow it or understand it. Thats not a bad thing but when you tell me continue to tell me Im wrong when you dont even understand it to begin with, which you clearly have been lost for several posts, you start to get obnoxiusly arrogant telling me "point invalid, blah, blah". I didnt read the ramble because it was remarkable irrelevant and filled with old and overused lame flaming tactics which I wasnt here to do.
Old 08-10-2004, 06:27 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
est tee ef you and enjoy the 3dness people. ITS ONE GIANT LEAP FOR GRAAL KIND
Old 08-10-2004, 07:10 PM
call me Chad, it's cooler
Dach is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Kai, scripts can look similar, but from what I know you made, (meaning I havent seen your script for it), its probably not a copy of yours. Its too much extra to be just yours. He probably scripted it using the way you did. There isnt always many ways to script something.
Funny how your name conatains the word "Illusion" when you like to create meanings in people's words that don't exist... He meant the effect, not the script.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
est tee ef you and enjoy the 3dness people. ITS ONE GIANT LEAP FOR GRAAL KIND
most scripters I know would rather actually learn from this than simply bask in it's niftyness.

I'd rather see someone make a 3d model script that is manipulated as if you were within the same world as the model. More like an actual 3d gaming engine. Instead of directly affecting the rotation axis, affect the position of the camera. It's much less clumsy and really not that much more work.

That is a farily good tutorial, I must say. It cleared a few things up for me. Enough to where I could make a simple 3d model script now, but I'd rather do more things than what has already been done (I am not trying to criticize anyone).
Old 08-10-2004, 08:31 PM
In Your Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dach
Funny how your name conatains the word "Illusion" when you like to create meanings in people's words that don't exist... He meant the effect, not the script.
Riiight.

The effect isnt the same. So wtf are you talking about.
Old 08-10-2004, 08:46 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Lance, you have a narrowed vision on how to read things if you cant understand what my point is/was. It makes/made perfect sense and like I also said, the reason it didnt make sense to you is probably because you didnt follow it or understand it. Thats not a bad thing but when you tell me continue to tell me Im wrong when you dont even understand it to begin with, which you clearly have been lost for several posts, you start to get obnoxiusly arrogant telling me "point invalid, blah, blah".
You know what? Either you have a valid point that you can justify, or you don't. Rambling about how "I don't understand you" after you make a vague, incomprehensible statement gets you nowhere other than strengthening the idea that you do not, indeed, have a valid point.

Quote:
I didnt read the ramble because it was remarkable irrelevant and filled with old and overused lame flaming tactics which I wasnt here to do.
Which you weren't here to do what? I'll ask you again: please become coherent.
Old 08-10-2004, 10:02 PM
In Your Mouth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
You know what? Either you have a valid point that you can justify, or you don't.
Once again, what makes you the judge of whether my point is coherent? Just because YOU dont understand it, doesnt invalidate it.
Once again, and also the last time Im saying this, you obviously didnt follow the posting because it is coherent... so stop trying.