Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 04:23 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
O_O

Can I worship you as god?
Old 08-08-2004, 06:15 PM
Graalian since 1998
osrs is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to osrs Send a message via AIM to osrs Send a message via MSN to osrs Send a message via Yahoo to osrs
Hm, nice, i will be reading your posts later Amon-Ra, i really want to learn how to introduce 3D engines on GScript. Guess i will need take some math lessons too.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:11 PM
The Great Nappa
Nappa is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nappa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Do you think he could create...a 3d FUN MACHINE?
Psht no

Only I can do that. Kai is a newbie compared to my fun machine.
Old 08-08-2004, 08:36 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by amonrabr
Sherek 2 caracters where made all by triangles.. any 3D thing is made by triangles..
untrue, some use rectangles
Old 08-08-2004, 09:25 PM
Scripter
amonrabr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Python523
untrue, some use rectangles

nop =P

rectangles = 2 triangles... ---> "ALL" <--- Animations are made with triangles...

3D Studio max, Maya, Lightware, anim8or, 3d scanner, .... All them use triangles

what happeness is that when you select "show wireframes" in 3D studio, Maya, etc. It shows as rectangle.. But the triangles are there, and you can select to show them

Old 08-08-2004, 10:09 PM
Banned
Python523 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
nop =P

rectangles = 2 triangles... ---> "ALL" <--- Animations are made with triangles...

3D Studio max, Maya, Lightware, anim8or, 3d scanner, .... All them use triangles

what happeness is that when you select "show wireframes" in 3D studio, Maya, etc. It shows as rectangle.. But the triangles are there, and you can select to show them

Mathematica. (I believe that's the name)
Old 08-09-2004, 01:17 AM
Classic Systems Admin
Polo is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Polo
Its usually bettter to use 2 triangle as that way when your rectangle has a 'crease' you can ensure it is formed on the correct diagonal.

Mathematica is rather powerful....

Proof that the staff are crazy..
*Ghost Pirate: I'm a little teacup short and stubbe here is my raygun here is my butt
DragonX: Jumping jack rabbits Batman! Our eggo waffles have been stolen! To the batmobile Robin!
X-Mann (RC): I have a head ache
Old 08-09-2004, 07:09 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
I hate seeing you always posting when I post a script trying to change the post content for "how Kai could make it better".
You hate seeing suggestions on how to make it better? If you'd rather just see gushing praise then I'm sorry, because you won't get that from me. We both know that your script's pretty nifty, but I post under the assumption that you'd like to make it more so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo
Mine was a balloon and not a sphere (The script aslso contains a diablo hehe), and is different from Kai's and Amon-Ra's examples in that mine is shape independant
Hmm? So is mine. It just won't render properly in some circumstances because I took the more challenging route of projecting all the vertices manually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polo
I'd still rather use showpoly2 than go through every single possible situation (2 sided polygons, clipped, obfuscation etc..)
Two-sided polys are hardly a problem. Clipping is unnecessary if the edges of your screen are the edges of your viewport - hell, Graal probably does it itself. Obfuscation is by far the biggest problem, as there's no Z-buffer to rely on and you can't tell the polygons to draw in any particular order. But part of the fun of scripting is solving difficult obstacles, inventing your own methods so you end up with more than just an adapted generic engine.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:14 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Scripters scripters calm down. Get together and make the ultimate 3D field >:O!
Old 08-09-2004, 04:44 PM
Scripter
amonrabr is on a distinguished road
Did you people like the graal 3D tutorial I tried to make? Does someone read it?

o.O

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
Scripters scripters calm down. Get together and make the ultimate 3D field >:O!
XD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python523
Mathematica. (I believe that's the name)
ah.. I dont know this one o.O
sorry

=X
Old 08-09-2004, 04:45 PM
Quote:
XD

Did you people like the graal 3D tutorial I tried to make? Does someone read it?

o.O
I read it but I suck at scripting so I got lost at whate someone explained to me as being the rotation script. I also havnt learned about the cos, tan, and sin at school yet >:[
Old 08-09-2004, 06:35 PM
In Your Mouth
iLLusioNofGranduer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimetsu
You hate seeing suggestions on how to make it better? If you'd rather just see gushing praise then I'm sorry, because you won't get that from me. We both know that your script's pretty nifty, but I post under the assumption that you'd like to make it more so.
Just because he posts on this forum doesnt mean he wants it. The forums description reads:

NPC Scripting
Show off your best NPCs or

he is doing so... or is that just me.... ::sarcasm::

Amon-ra, those are beautiful pieces of work. It is very impressive you learned Trigonometry like that. Im very impressed!
Old 08-09-2004, 08:18 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLusioNofGranduer
Just because he posts on this forum doesnt mean he wants it.
Thank you, Amon-Ra.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
Thank you, Amon-Ra.
I wanna be called Amon-Crono...

I still dont see what the fuss is about. You elite scripters should get together and make some small 3D test world offline then try to port it online. Why? BECAUSE GREAT MINDS WORK GREAT TOGETHER @#(*@(
Old 08-10-2004, 03:20 AM
Script Monkey
Kaimetsu will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLusioNofGranduer
Just because he posts on this forum doesnt mean he wants it.
So how exactly am I expected to discern what he wants when he hasn't explicitly stated it?