Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-12-2007, 08:37 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
graal / aol = greatest d***bag in the universe award

so why is it that every time i try to log on graal theres a new un-needed but un-esacpable update thats not needed ? graal is reminding me of aol now , the program runs fine , it dont need to be updated , yet it does ? if something needs updated why not do like everyone else . fix it all , package it and distribute it . when its done , not make one small change and make the whole world adapt , then fix another small thing and make the world adapt yet again . if its an update for graal 3d , why not keep it to yourself ? its not like anyone other then two people can see it ? (stefan and unixmad)

i mean if i wanted to spend the whole day , or the little bit of time i do have for graal wasted on some un-needed bs id spend the day playing with aol running in circles not getting anything done . ive talked to other people i know in real life and hey guess what , their graal doesnt update . yet mine does ? its bad enough that alltho technical graal is a company that provides a service yet they arnt actually a company , or so they claim . its still just stefan and unimads pet project . its not a company that provides a service and has to abide by a set of guidelines or rules . graal can do what they want when they want couse their above international laws , rules or regulations .

but i already know the responce to this as ive seen it said many times over and over . all the bs about the tosa and what not but hey , thats just a set of guide lines for use . just like the bible or comandments are just a set of guide lines for life . well graal is just full of bs . and it stinks !
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 01-12-2007, 08:40 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Without updates, the game won't progress, the game's updates won't be distributed and little would be done about problems in the game. An update once in a while hurts nobody.

Also Linux Cyberjoueurs is a company.

Please also note that this isn't a tech support thread and should therefore be posted elsewhere.
Old 01-13-2007, 12:19 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
It's 4 MB, second update of the client in half a year, to fix a major bug making problems on servers using the old scripting engine. It's better to wait a few seconds to download a new version instead of crashing etc. I think
Old 01-13-2007, 02:10 AM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Well the goal at the end is to have everything scripted, e.g. making the drawing and behaviour of the GUI completely scripted, then there need to be less and less updates of the basic engine. Also the offline test mode will eventually be removed some time, reducing the size of the file. Updating the engine can still not be completely avoided though.
Old 01-13-2007, 05:34 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt View Post
almost 6 seconds before it finally got done.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil View Post
4mb.
Well, you guys need to consider that some people still use 56k, which is something like 10-15 minutes for 4MB.

I agree that asking why there are so many updates is silly, though .

Old 01-13-2007, 06:04 AM
Banned
Devil has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Devil Send a message via MSN to Devil
4mb is still 4mb, 10 - 15 minutes every couple of months? That's hardly time to make threads about it.
Old 01-13-2007, 06:10 AM
That Guy
CheeToS2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to CheeToS2
Hmm, Loakey, does your Graal client update EVERY SINGLE time you run it? That could mean there's a problem with your file permissions.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:54 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey P2P
so why is it that every time i try to log on graal theres a new un-needed but un-esacpable update thats not needed ?
Quit being a technophobic dolt and install the updates. Updates keep things in beter working order. The only time you should have never gone to a newer version was perhaps Graal 3.0, which most of us can forgive. <3