Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-27-2006, 02:11 PM
SL Oldbie
Loakey_P2P is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loakey_P2P Send a message via Yahoo to Loakey_P2P
restriction's

someone was talking about resctriction's for server's and new rules . here's one , stop letting teenager's buy server's . every time some kid buy's a server the first thing they do is ramsack other server's for anything they can possable use . like for instance , PlayerWorld71 stealing gani's from Atruis . im reffering to at_newidle.gani . i went to atrius last night to have a look around and got talking to one of their staff couse when i first logged on my player was all funny with a normal graal head , but the kingdom's type leg's and that was all . no body or arm's or anything . i was told that if i went to this player world my gani was messed up becouse these people stole it and ramsacked it for their own use . meaning it messed up the gani so it couldnt be used on the server it was made for . mabey some kind of test is in order to show that you know how to develop before you go buying a server and just steal everything you can from other server's . discuss .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

*Sorry you must have mistaken me for someone that cares .
Old 08-27-2006, 02:18 PM
Mean Machine
Gantor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gantor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loakey_P2P
someone was talking about resctriction's for server's and new rules . here's one , stop letting teenager's buy server's . every time some kid buy's a server the first thing they do is ramsack other server's for anything they can possable use . like for instance , PlayerWorld71 stealing gani's from Atruis . im reffering to at_newidle.gani . i went to atrius last night to have a look around and got talking to one of their staff couse when i first logged on my player was all funny with a normal graal head , but the kingdom's type leg's and that was all . no body or arm's or anything . i was told that if i went to this player world my gani was messed up becouse these people stole it and ramsacked it for their own use . meaning it messed up the gani so it couldnt be used on the server it was made for . mabey some kind of test is in order to show that you know how to develop before you go buying a server and just steal everything you can from other server's . discuss .
Not every new owner does that. There's nothing you can do to stop it, and the people that do steal things will most likely get in trouble and compromise their playerworld.

[AIM] Gantor Graal
[E-Mail] [email protected]
Old 08-27-2006, 02:35 PM
SL Oldbie
well it's a give in that not everone does it . however it does happen quite abit . but i was reffering to soem post a read not too long ago about doing more check's on server's to see how they were comeing along . possable monthly check for thing's like this . however there is alot of stuff to go throu a server and check . but this was mainly to alert the high up's of this issue . i went to the player world to talk to the person in charge but instead i was disconnected from the server for no reason . im just saying someone should look into this server as they have absalutly no concept of rules , regulation's or of the tosa (Term Of Service Agrement) . seem's back in the day when someone reported stuff it was looked into right there but the high up's have been slacking . not trying to bash them couse we have to understand they have alot to their job's . however lately problem's have been taking longer to get resolved and thing's looked into . like getting sl put back on the list after it was removed couse someone screwed up . which took day's to a week to get done .
-Past Sl Jobs * ET/LAT/NAT/LAT Admin/Developer/Admin/Head Admin/Asst. Manager/Manager
-Current Job - Retired

Old 08-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Mean Machine
Gantor is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Gantor
Agreed about the support, something is definantly wrong with their SupportTria database.

[AIM] Gantor Graal
[E-Mail] [email protected]
Old 08-27-2006, 03:02 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
If PWA basically looked around more and took an iron fist on things we wouldn't have to worry about this stuff. Just my opinion though, it seems PWA have lost their control.
Old 08-27-2006, 05:17 PM
Rapidwolve is an unknown quantity at this point
Why would they restrict selling it to some people when it means they make less money? You know unix :o
Old 08-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Chris is on a distinguished road
Playerworld71 is a cluster **** of bad servers. Everyone should avoid it at all costs.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
"You were told"
If you have serious complains about another playerworld then contact their staff or use the support center. If you have problems with certain files then delete them and connect to the right server again.
Old 08-27-2006, 06:53 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Why does this matter anyways?

A server paid their 100 dollars for the year (or 60 for the 6 months as the case may be) and they upgraded all their accounts to play on and develop it.

Let them do WHATEVER THEY WANT. They simply will just Never go classic or hosted. They are wasting their own time, money, and effort, not yours, leave them alone.

In responce to anyone who says the PWA Should police servers that dont even care what they are doing anyways: Why would you waste MORE valuable global time on servers that dont give a care anyways?

Honestly how are they hurting anything?
Old 08-27-2006, 10:13 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687
In responce to anyone who says the PWA Should police servers that dont even care what they are doing anyways: Why would you waste MORE valuable global time on servers that dont give a care anyways?
PWA alone couldn't do anything about Babylon. Lyndzey had to step in but go on vacation.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Registered Omega
killerogue is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to killerogue Send a message via MSN to killerogue
PWA should rule with iron fist. I agree with Crono. AND Loakey. I know the people who made the graphics that Playerworld71 is stealing. Madj and Lance Leone. Lance even said it was funny they were using the graphics he and Madj created.

REMEMBER, IF YOU REP ME, LEAVE A NAME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by haunter View Post
Graal admins don't die. They go to hell and regroup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
Without scripters, your graphics and levels wouldn't do anything but sit there and look pretty.
Old 08-27-2006, 10:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue
PWA should rule with iron fist. I agree with Crono.
Hehe, I don't mean like EXTREME. I just mean they shold have some kind if authority.
Old 08-28-2006, 04:21 PM
SL Oldbie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687
Why does this matter anyways?

A server paid their 100 dollars for the year (or 60 for the 6 months as the case may be) and they upgraded all their accounts to play on and develop it.

Let them do WHATEVER THEY WANT. They simply will just Never go classic or hosted. They are wasting their own time, money, and effort, not yours, leave them alone.

Honestly how are they hurting anything?
becouse they are hurting something . ok if every server used the same gani's and images tho there were differences in them they destroy other server's files becouse they cant do a simple thing like make their own stuff and name it differently . it therefore corrupt's the file and render's it useless to the server it was ment for . reffer to the topic about nameing server files . this is why most server's start their files names with either the server name or an abrevation of the server name , however when you dont do this you screw up other people's stuff .

and going down into graal and deleteing the file and leting it redownload is a load of bs that shouldnt need to be done if people would listen . simple put , stop useing everyone else stuff , make your own ya bunch of lazey , no talent bstrds . im even surprised to see stefan here . aparently someone comeing here and say hey this dont look right can someone check it out is , could someone look into this . but i guess it's too much work for people to open another window and go look into it for a second .

by all this im simple saying this . name your server files better people . and solve everyone a whole lot of bs over a file name . which has been said in another post everyone should have read by now . here's a thought but should go in suggestion's . what about making images like the scripting and level's . when they are downloaded to your client they have a source code type **** . im not fluent in this so i know im not makeing alot of sence but mabey i can get the idea accross .

when the script's and level's and downloaded or stored in the person's graal in their computer , they are incoded . locked as it were so they cant just be opened and used . why not do the same with images so they can just be stolen . probally not possable but just a thought . granted most thing's are stolen from the server by staff while they worked there but this can't be done unless everything is done and stored online . which will slow down production and player's will lose interest in graal development , which isnt good .
-Current Job - Retired

Old 08-29-2006, 06:21 PM
Atrius Manager
TheJames can only hope to improve
Playerworld71 was taken care of.

James,
Manager of Atrius
Old 08-29-2006, 06:49 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by killerogue
PWA should rule with iron fist. I agree with Crono. AND Loakey. I know the people who made the graphics that Playerworld71 is stealing. Madj and Lance Leone. Lance even said it was funny they were using the graphics he and Madj created.
There are timestamps on when files are uploaded, and RC can even sort files in a file browser by those times. If your files have been stolen or copied, PWA should be able to view those times and determine who had the original file, so that should be the easiest method of determining whether a file is stolen or not. There are also ways of telling if files have been plaigiarized or not as well.