Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Level Design
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2014, 05:58 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
Ok. I've setup gtkmm on my mac mini before. If I do manage to compile I can give instructions for os x. Going to be alot of playing around and adjusting. If you don't mind me asking how come the libraries went all included in the git hub project?
The purpose of git is to help track the changes we make to our code. The libraries have their own git repositories (or similar).

Linux desktop applications tend to depend on dozens if not hundred of other packages being installed on the system. Installing the application, all the libraries the application depends on, and the libraries those libraries depend on is usually handled by the operating system on unix (which is what I think macports is trying to implement on OS X). It's not the role of git.

Edit: I believe homebrew is an alternative to macports but I have no experience with that either.

Last edited by Loriel; 10-22-2014 at 06:09 PM..
Old 10-22-2014, 07:10 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Yes home brew is and I've been told to use it in the past. I only asked why the libraries went included because other open source projects like torque2d come with all the libraries needed to compile
Old 12-22-2014, 08:30 PM
<title>Member</title>
linkoraclehero is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to linkoraclehero Send a message via MSN to linkoraclehero
I just got here, but I was successfully able to build Gonstruct on 10.10.1 with absolutely NO problems at all. I did a pull request for the readme as you need to install "gtksourceview2", not "gtksourceview", but once that's done, as long as you do everything right, it should compile with 0 errors and 0 warnings.

If you have xquartz and maports installed, you should be able to just run this:

git clone https://github.com/fry/graal-gonstruct.git
sudo port install gtkmm
sudo port install gtksourceview2
sudo port install gtkglarea2
sudo port install boost
sudo port install cmake
cmake .
make
src/level_editor/gonstruct

And about 30 minutes later, you should be done.

Side note, your "Graal Directory" will be ~/Library/Application Support/Graal
Old 12-22-2014, 08:32 PM
<title>Member</title>
Send a message via AIM to linkoraclehero Send a message via MSN to linkoraclehero
And no, you do not need to install Ruby - it's already installed, and you may not need to install boost as I believe gtk needs it - but it never hurts to run that line. Just ideally do NOT install the ports version of Ruby, use the Apple-provided version or use rvm!

If you're that gunshy, you can try this:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0G...ew?usp=sharing
Old 12-23-2014, 02:54 AM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I can give this a try and verify if it works or not for other people. I have both a 2014 MacBook Air, and a 2012 Mac Mini. Don't think it should matter tho both are running 10.10.1 as well but I will definitely give this a try.
Old 12-23-2014, 11:51 AM
<title>Member</title>
I didn't realize it, but it compiles with shared libraries, so the binary does work, but you still need to run through the ports steps (It took 2 minutes to compile - so using the binary is near unnecessary)

I've successfully done this on a Late 2013 21.5' iMac w/ 10.10.1, and a Late 2013 MacBook Pro, also running 10.10.1 (Partially mucked by the Yosemite Beta) - probably the most frictionless compilation I've ever dealt with (I remember back when I used Unix - 300+ warnings was "acceptable" when building even major projects like Firefox)

I do want to look into making some changes to it, but I don't know if I'll ever get around to having time to. A "Reload" button for the tileset would be nice.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:26 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Could somebody kindly explain how i get the era tileset on gonstruct? So far i am having no luck. Thanks
Old 01-02-2015, 11:41 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kohola_KinG View Post
Could somebody kindly explain how i get the era tileset on gonstruct? So far i am having no luck. Thanks
I can show you through Remote Desktop later if you'd like.
Old 01-03-2015, 06:30 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim_Rocks View Post
I can show you through Remote Desktop later if you'd like.
Only seeing this now. I just spent a lot of hassle getting the default graal one to work. I'll stick with that lol

Thanks though!!
Old 01-03-2015, 12:16 PM
geneticfrog can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to geneticfrog Send a message via MSN to geneticfrog
its a lost cause.

although i did enjoy making maps with it for maloria as youonly needed 1 tile for any terrain.

the layers made it waaaaaaaaaaaay too laggy all you really need a a trans background in editor and also letting tiles some how stack if possible.

anyways layers was the wrong path performance wise.
Old 01-25-2015, 09:35 PM
Global Administration
MysticalDragon is just really niceMysticalDragon is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to MysticalDragon Send a message via MSN to MysticalDragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
its a lost cause.

although i did enjoy making maps with it for maloria as youonly needed 1 tile for any terrain.

the layers made it waaaaaaaaaaaay too laggy all you really need a a trans background in editor and also letting tiles some how stack if possible.

Laggy? I never experienced lag with gonstruct created levels. It also could be the machines I ran graal on not to sure.
http://support.toonslab.com
[email protected]

Last edited by MysticalDragon; 01-25-2015 at 10:12 PM..
Old 01-31-2015, 10:06 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by geneticfrog View Post
its a lost cause.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticalDragon View Post
Laggy? I never experienced lag with gonstruct created levels. It also could be the machines I ran graal on not to sure.
Layers was never causing lag on Maloria as you claim, Jer. If you were lagging, it's more likely to think it was the day/night or weather system that was the cause of it.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-24-2015, 09:50 AM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
This error pops up everytime I try to start Gonstruct:

Running it as an admin brings up this error:

I tried reinstalling it - no luck. Any idea on what I should try to fix it?
Old 01-24-2015, 12:52 PM
asdfg
BlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to beholdBlueMelon is a splendid one to behold
Try running as admin (although not sure why it would need this)
Old 01-25-2015, 05:55 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMelon View Post
Try running as admin (although not sure why it would need this)
Quote:
Originally Posted by callimuc View Post
Running it as an admin brings up this error:
:/

Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
looks like it might be an error with the boost library. try reinstalling boost maybe?
what's this 'boost'?