Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 05:56 PM
Playerworld Administrator
HoudiniMan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910 View Post
Perhaps try and list more reasons than just the one. Also, this example could perhaps be reworded, to (I assume) emphasise a hire, upload and firring in a short amount of time. So that people don't read anything into it isn't supposed to provide!
Quote:
Once you upload a file into the File Browser you may not remove it if you decide to quit. Content you submit belongs to the server and is theirs to use except under special circumstances (e.g. Manager hires you, you upload whole town of levels, Manager fires you for no reason immediately afterward).
Better?

Old 08-04-2008, 06:15 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
I disagree with the whole staff setup you wrote. I don't like the whole "Chief" idea, like "GAT Chief" or "LAT Chief", infact, I never liked it. I don't want to have any Chiefs, I just want to give people the rights they need and leave the hiring and watching stuff to Admins and me.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:41 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulcan View Post
I agree...the rule should really be something like "No staff tools should exist for the sole purpose of abuse. (ie: /kill HoudiniMan)"
That's a good idea; the only "commands" we have on Vesporia are summon, "fix player" (fixes a rare bug caused by observer mode), and revive player (in case they changed their revive key, and they can't remember what they changed it to )

Quote:
It's not very hard to make a very simple jail. There is a server option jaillevels= that can be used for individuals who "suck at scripting". Additionally, GPs can even follow a warning system where three warnings = ban instead of first offense = ban.
Yes, you're right. Vesporia doesn't really have any rules (that are possible to be broken), so we'll probably just make it clear that we expect players to follow the Graalonline Code of Conduct. I guess the only real rule we have is don't abuse glitches, since we have things in place to prevent other kinds of rule-breaking.
Quote:
Seeing that a player has been banned for "Cheating" is often not enough when we have to go and look in to a ban complaint that we get on the support center. Its much easier for us to know what's going on and provide faster support for people when the comments have details on the incident. This way we don't have to look through logs or wait for a staff member to log on.
Yes, good point.
Quote:
Good to see that you understand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Wrong. You can rename it to rclogINSERTWHATEVERYOUWANTHERE.txt. For example, I rename mine to something like this after each month:

rclog-july-2008.txt
You still can't edit it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
I disagree with the whole staff setup you wrote. I don't like the whole "Chief" idea, like "GAT Chief" or "LAT Chief", infact, I never liked it. I don't want to have any Chiefs, I just want to give people the rights they need and leave the hiring and watching stuff to Admins and me.
Even without chiefs/admins, you still need someone who can manage hirings; this is especially important for scripting (assuming the admins/manager can't script well). Unlike levels and graphics, scripts can't be judged based on just how they look. You also need someone who knows what they're doing to look over it.

I do agree that non-dev admins/chiefs (PR, FAQ, etc) are crazy.
Old 08-04-2008, 06:58 PM
Master Tux
WanDaMan is a jewel in the roughWanDaMan is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via MSN to WanDaMan
Let's hope a lot of the Managers enforce these rules! Nicely done.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:25 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by HoudiniMan View Post
  • You are not permitted to upload [...] copyrighted material into the File Browser. [...]
  • You are not permitted to upload content that you did not create, without first getting permission from the creator of the content, and the Manager of the Playerworld it comes from.
  • All files uploaded into the File Browser become the sole property of GraalOnline. [...]
  • [...] Content you submit belongs to the server[...]
This is somewhat contradictory. If you cannot upload copyrighted content, how does the content come into the possession of GraalOnline from being public domain? Does it belong to the server or GraalOnline? If it belongs to the server, why do I need permission from the creator to upload it, instead of just the server?

From prior experience I know roughly what you are getting at, but the wording is unnecessarily confused.

Quote:
E.g. You do not need someone to upload heads when the manager or graphics admin could do that.
I like to think that the manager or graphics admin have better uses of their playerworld-administration time than uploading heads. If I hire a competent developer, they should not have to waste their time with stuff like this.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:32 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to LoneAngelIbesu
With some of them, it's obvious. But, which rules hold more weight than others? For instance, I really doubt that staff are going to stop massing through RC on Valikorlia (many high admins, and even co-managers, have tried and failed )... so, I would hope that the massing rule holds little weight in the event that a PWA actually comes on Valikorlia to check on how well rules are followed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld View Post
Well, the reason I use the word "reinvent" is because things like scripted "warpto" or "warpother" are reinventing what's already there. In which case, it would be better from not only a security aspect, but also an organisational aspect, to just use the RC rights. I don't have a problem with things like "summon" because they aren't really needlessly reinventing; they are not strictly already existing functionality.
From my experience, a scripted warpto usually doesn't work; for instance, I have to log on RC to use warpto, even though it's scripted in to the staff NPC. I guess I can understand the point (even though it's not hard to "reinvent" the commands ). I just wanted to make sure that staff NPCs weren't out-right banned. Which, as I can see, they aren't.
Old 08-04-2008, 07:38 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoneAngelIbesu View Post
From my experience, a scripted warpto usually doesn't work; for instance, I have to log on RC to use warpto, even though it's scripted in to the staff NPC. I guess I can understand the point (even though it's not hard to "reinvent" the commands ). I just wanted to make sure that staff NPCs weren't out-right banned. Which, as I can see, they aren't.
They most likely use some sort of check, or do so through sendtorc(which uses RC powers).
Old 08-04-2008, 07:48 PM
master of infinite loops
LoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura aboutLoneAngelIbesu has a spectacular aura about
Not that I'm aware of, Dusty (unless by "they", you mean Graal). It's been that way since before Inverness joined the team. RC probably just overrides warpto, since the staff NPC uses the same format (warpto x y level.nw).
Old 08-04-2008, 08:01 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
I would just hope that the massing problem is fixed so staff off tag do not override the ignore instead of just telling staff to stop massing. Servers like Era and Zodiac that revolve around an economy of items and money, people mass message to buy and sell things. Staff play the game so that means staff will most likely have items and money they want to trade and sending out a mass message is the best way to advertise your trades.
Old 08-04-2008, 08:03 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Quote:
Not that I'm aware of, Dusty (unless by "they", you mean Graal). It's been that way since before Inverness joined the team. RC probably just overrides warpto, since the staff NPC uses the same format (warpto x y level.nw).
Oh... well then it's not scripted, it's Graal's warpto.

By the by, I never have to log on to RC to use warpto. I know this because I've logged on to servers on client at another computer, which can't get on RC because of IP issues, and still have used it.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:34 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
I wouldn't mind if Era Staff massed anything relevant to the server such as selling guns, etc....But half the time i see them posting irrelevant and useless messages that don't pertain to the server at all...Same with UN.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 08-04-2008, 09:35 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
From my experience, a scripted warpto usually doesn't work;
They work just fine if the script is done correctly.
Quote:
How about you not insult Era's system in a thread about new playerworld rules? There's an Era sub-forum for that.
If Era's system creates an issue with the playerworld rules then it is a valid topic to discuss.
Quote:
Your post is directly on top of mine. You're smart enough to make the connection.
Quote people that you're replying to, no excuses.
Quote:
If the staff NPC had a warpto it would be with a slash in front.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:41 PM
master of infinite loops
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverness View Post
If Era's system creates an issue with the playerworld rules then it is a valid topic to discuss.
Massing that you are buying/selling items is just fine. It doesn't break any rule whatsoever. Graal's functionality is what's causing the staff massing problem (when staff aren't on tag). I thought was pretty obvious. Loriel already has 1 post deleted in this thread for not being constructive; his other post isn't constructive either. The same can be said for my past four/five posts, too.

Last edited by LoneAngelIbesu; 08-04-2008 at 09:55 PM..
Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 PM
xChugxLifex
Frankie is a jewel in the roughFrankie is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Frankie Send a message via MSN to Frankie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
How about you come up with a decent scripted buying-and-selling system instead of making people rely on masses?
No system is going to cut down on mass messages. Take Era's mall for example, instead of people massing out "Selling: these items. Buying: these items." It turns into "Selling these items at my mall stand, cheap, come check it out!"
Old 08-04-2008, 09:55 PM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
Nobody is making people rely on mass messages.
You mean Era has another way of advertising across the whole server?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie View Post
No system can replace mass messages.
That seems a bit ignorant to say.

Tags
playerworld rules, pwa