Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Classic Server should..?
be left as it is. 4 6.15%
bring back it's original levels and hit detection. 51 78.46%
bring back ONLY the original levels but leave the hit detection as is. 1 1.54%
bring back ONLY the original hit detection but leave the levels as is. 9 13.85%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2009, 04:59 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
ya but u cant compare server like zone to classic, its not the same at all.
@ Laura

It's not 'comparing Zone and Classic', it's using Zone's example of the start up screen. Check it before you presume to know what I'm talking about.

@ Rufus

Er - first impressions are key. Pick up a book.

@ Both

If you would check Zone's login you would have had a more appropriate response. You BOTH are sitting back shooting opinions down before even giving them a chance. People are trying to improve Classic's playercount and bringing forth reasons why Classic didn't stick to them again.

First impression.

I'm not sure why I'm wasting my time but I keep giving you both the benefit of the doubt however you both don't respect people enough to view their examples before smacking them back down. Useless, the both of you.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:07 PM
Banned
Shadow87 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Send a message via AIM to Shadow87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
Name 20 players that currently play Graal on a regular basis that were around to 'appreciate' the old overworld and old hit detection on Classic.
Didn't read the rest of this nonsense, but I was around to appreciate it, before you as well.

But like stryker said, lets not get our hopes up because I doubt there is enough time to do this. Also, will development and its lovable admin be able to suck it up and do this? I've never seen it happen.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:12 PM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
What's a better first impression:

1) Brothers house + bunch of people idling in lvl 14.

or

2) A giant castle with a (hopefully) compelling storyline.

Either way, my opinion is that you need to do something on the server story-wise before you actually go to the overworld. A good example would be the game Elder Scrolls: Oblivion. You start out in a jail, go through some storyline stuff, set up your character, etc., and eventually make your way out of jail into the real world. From that point, you can either follow the arrow on your map and start the main story, or you can wander around and do the hundreds of quests, join a guild, etc.
Old 05-09-2009, 07:33 PM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
People come here solely for events sometimes, such as the monthly. Doesn't it take away some of their abilities if they are blocked from parts of the overworld? Obviously they can do it preceding to the monthly, but that always isn't the case.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 05-09-2009, 08:09 PM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
2) A giant castle with a (hopefully) compelling storyline.
The way classic is set up makes a compelling story impossible. Since most dialog takes place in signs you cannot tell who is talking. Or it takes place in messages over the npcs heads which I think looks just as bad.
Old 05-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
@ contego

do zone have a storyline?
your going to skip a full tutorial on how to play just to freaking start the game?
i saw zone login screen and zone is a guns/shooters , like i said u cant compare those two because they are totally different in every aspect.

and lol the only thing that will make YOU come back is the hd, you did not mention one time the quests and how benefit they would be.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:23 PM
£ôrd Çòñtëgó Me§§iaH
contego will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to contego Send a message via AIM to contego Send a message via MSN to contego
Quote:
@ contego

do zone have a storyline?
your going to skip a full tutorial on how to play just to freaking start the game?
i saw zone login screen and zone is a guns/shooters , like i said u cant compare those two because they are totally different in every aspect.

and lol the only thing that will make YOU come back is the hd, you did not mention one time the quests and how benefit they would be.
Maybe I'm not being clear. Attempt to log in to Zone, and it gives you a screen to choose a planet. My suggestion is to use this similar set up to choose from two options:

'View Tutorial - Quest Mode'
*Increase hp, dmg, def, and includes all PvP Mode features*
(Recommended for new users)

or

'Skip Tutorial - PvP Mode'
*Play events, get ________'s(economy item), challenge players in spars, chat with friends while playing the featured Trading Card Game, and PvP Mode also includes Quest Mode features*
(Welcome back!)
Old 05-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by contego View Post
Maybe I'm not being clear. Attempt to log in to Zone, and it gives you a screen to choose a planet. My suggestion is to use this similar set up to choose from two options:

'View Tutorial - Quest Mode'
*Increase hp, dmg, def, and includes all PvP Mode features*
(Recommended for new users)

or

'Skip Tutorial - PvP Mode'
*Plat events, get ________'s(economy item), challenge players in spars, chat with friends while playing the featured Trading Card Game, and PvP Mode also includes Quest Mode features*
(Welcome back!)
i dont think i understand wheat ur trying to mean
Old 05-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
It annoys the hell out of me at the beginning of Classic when you're forced one after another to do quests, literally taking hours before you're actually able to explore the main overworld without interference and actually see other players.

Just put the player in a big room with lots of signs and different things they can do, with a door that is accessible for WHENEVER they want to just leave. Curious players will read the signs and try it out if they want to, players who want to just get into the game will leave ASAP.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:36 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
It annoys the hell out of me at the beginning of Classic when you're forced one after another to do quests, literally taking hours before you're actually able to explore the main overworld without interference and actually see other players.

Just put the player in a big room with lots of signs and different things they can do, with a door that is accessible for WHENEVER they want to just leave. Curious players will read the signs and try it out if they want to, players who want to just get into the game will leave ASAP.

its took me minimum 40minutes to do
tutorial , the joint and castle quest before i was able to explore
Old 05-09-2009, 09:37 PM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
its took me minimum 40minutes to do
tutorial , the joint and castle quest before i was able to explore
Three things too many.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:38 PM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Three things too many.
40 minutes is nothing lol
if u speed up u can take less time.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:41 PM
Quote:
40 minutes is nothing lol
if u speed up u can take less time.
40 minutes of forced, linear gameplay in an online game is a lot. I liked Classic when it was log on, get told where to go and go if I wanted to. Not, log onto Classic, do a boring tutorial, do a forced quest, finally think I'm done and get 'kidnapped' to do another forced quest, and never seeing a player during any of this or more than a few of the overworld levels.

Also, the time varies between people. It may have taken you 40 minutes but it wasn't that quick for me.
Old 05-09-2009, 09:50 PM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
if you guys think that 30/40 minutes of forced gameplay is bad, i don't know how you would react to having things be like old GTA where you had to spend several hours to become viable in any PvP action because you had to quest up a decent amount of hearts and a lizard sword.
nonetheless, I'll explore the option of allowing to skip some stuff.
key word is explore.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 05-09-2009, 09:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkCloud_PK View Post
if you guys think that 30/40 minutes of forced gameplay is bad, i don't know how you would react to having things be like old GTA where you had to spend several hours to become viable in any PvP action because you had to quest up a decent amount of hearts and a lizard sword.
nonetheless, I'll explore the option of allowing to skip some stuff.
key word is explore.
There's a reason linear gameplay tends to get phased out nowadays. Especially in online games.

I mean, I'd happily do the quests, but I'd like to do so on my own time. I just don't think locking the player out in the VERY FIRST experiences of the server for upwards to an hour from other players and the overworld, probably more for those really new, is not a good thing.