Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Should Marcus continue working on Dark Diamond?
Yes 12 66.67%
No 6 33.33%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-16-2004, 07:04 PM
Oldbie is on a distinguished road
Well If I'm thinking of the right PW the levels were devistated looking
Old 06-17-2004, 05:59 AM
gimped
Nick1988 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Nick1988
The two times I went on it to check it out, it was pretty bad. I would say no.

AIM: Nick10e
Old 06-17-2004, 07:17 AM
matt8891 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matt8891 Send a message via Yahoo to matt8891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick1988
The two times I went on it to check it out, it was pretty bad. I would say no.
Yea they were kinda bad.....I dont think they really knew what a GOOD level was when they hired thier LAT's.
Old 06-17-2004, 04:39 PM
!Leasure
Leasure-13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leasure-13 Send a message via MSN to Leasure-13 Send a message via Yahoo to Leasure-13
Hmmmm.....The levels just had alot of detail in them, and not alot of just grass like you see on all other kinds of PW's
Old 06-17-2004, 06:51 PM
projectigi is an unknown quantity at this point
continue dd it was good
but i think hex leaved graal
Old 06-18-2004, 03:35 AM
Marcu5 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Marcu5 Send a message via MSN to Marcu5
Hmm

I dunno, I was always in love with classic server. It reminded me of zelda snes and I liked the simpleness of it. I have never cared for over detailing but at the time, we did it to please many of you. If we start it up, that wont be the case anymore. This time will we make the server for the fans of the original servers. Not for the cynical people who feel the detailing and gfx should be taken to its max or it poorly made.

I understand not everyone will like anyone thing, thats fine, we just need to please enough of you lol. The server was a very good server in my opinion, in comparison to many servers. There are at least 30 I can think of that are trully horrible. Dark Diamond had many many npcs, systems and ideals that I have never seen anywhere else. The levels were iffy here and there, but we still had a lot of support, plus we had fun making it which mattered most.

I appreciate the comments though, both good and bad about the server, input is always good. I received another few emails from people about the server today, I am pretty confident at this point that Dark Diamond will indeed be restarted.

Dark Diamond
Old 06-18-2004, 03:50 AM
!Leasure
Leasure-13 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Leasure-13 Send a message via MSN to Leasure-13 Send a message via Yahoo to Leasure-13
OMI's i am glad!
Old 06-18-2004, 08:04 AM
Doctor Who?
jacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to beholdjacob_bald6225 is a splendid one to behold
I'd help but I only have 20 days VIP left and probably not resubscribing for all I got was a VIP tag and some half assed servers...

Oh yah, Dark Diamond rocks.
Old 06-18-2004, 12:45 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
PWA won't upload it if it looks old skool. I agree, some of that old skool stuff actually look better than today's but it's just not pleasing once you get a small taste of the modern style. Personally I really do miss the old houses. You know, 1-2 or even 3 full levels with blue walls and walls within the level to split up rooms. :x
Old 06-18-2004, 08:24 PM
hehe

Well it wasn't that old school. We had many ridiculous levels, like my castle that was built for me was 6 levels or so big. The buildings were original within reason. The flow of it was old school though, the members of the pwa that stopped by to see it seemed to enjoy it, I dunno. The overworld consisted of One main continent and a few smaller continents... more or less isles. Anyway, there were like 5 kingdoms.

Originally the server has about 2,300 levels for the overworld using a gmap, this lagged too many people so we tried to cut that in half. The last time the server was up, 4 of the 5 kingdoms were up. I was also pleased with our systems and npcs, many original things that were eye candy to many players. I think that might be one reason people liked it so much, also the staff was friendly and open, allowing people to test as we made, etc.

Dark Diamond
Old 06-18-2004, 08:35 PM
matt8891 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to matt8891 Send a message via Yahoo to matt8891
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob_bald6225
I'd help but I only have 20 days VIP left and probably not resubscribing for all I got was a VIP tag and some half assed servers...

Oh yah, Dark Diamond rocks.
I suggest you upgrade to Graal Gold and NOT VIP if your going to complain about the things you recieve for subscribing to VIP.

Let me explain:

Graal Gold
Graal Gold is for Graal Kingdoms obviously,but i dont know why else you'd need it.

Graal VIP
1) Graal VIP lets you gain acess of reviewing private servers BEFORE there are released. You also receive a VIP tag as you stated that you had.
2)**New**Graal VIP now offers free webspace
3)Creating a Global Guild.

And thats it im sure,so im guessing VIP offers more things than Gold does.....If you want to double check if you think im wrong,check it out. www.graalonline.com
Old 06-19-2004, 03:19 PM
That's not why

You are aware you need a current vip or non-expired gold account to work on servers that were purchased? It was another way to make money I suppose but thats why many servers did so horribly, no staff. Many cant afford or wont pay for such things, as a result, they cannot work on such servers.

RC, the server itself won't allow it. When Ziplocks account runs out, he will become a ghost on the server and rc will not let him on. I don't like what I get for my vip either, but it's the only way for us to work.

Dark Diamond
Old 06-25-2004, 09:33 PM
Registerd Abuser
nullify has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcu5
You are aware you need a current vip or non-expired gold account to work on servers that were purchased? It was another way to make money I suppose but thats why many servers did so horribly, no staff. Many cant afford or wont pay for such things, as a result, they cannot work on such servers.

RC, the server itself won't allow it. When Ziplocks account runs out, he will become a ghost on the server and rc will not let him on. I don't like what I get for my vip either, but it's the only way for us to work.
That is no real excuse. So according to what you are saying the level editor won't work without VIP? Last time I checked you don't need RC to make anything, besides NC. I have worked on many servers without being on or getting an RC. If you are into something enough just make it for the manager or whomever and then send it to them.