Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > GK Suggestions
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Todd45 is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Gk Suggestions

Hey guys! Shin here, and I wanted to post a few things that I have been discussing with people on kingdoms.

Currently, the game is very hard for newer players and we have been talking about having the majority of items craftable besides some of the higher end endgame items. With that in mind, it may take more creativity on the communities part to come up with fair values for each item's crafting materials and possibly a revival of alchemy. Maybe even a new job or skill pertaining to Smithing or two skills such as Armor smithing and weapon smithing.

Another option that was thrown around was item requirements. Of course, this would mean certain levels are required to equip certain gear pieces. Maybe have certain mage items need a certain level of magic or a certain level of physical to equip. If this is the case, better or more accessible leveling areas could be implemented through new created dungeons or levels. I would be happy to learn how to make levels and contribute some of my own to make this possible.

Another suggestion was thrown around about making classes MEAN something other than everyone always having a sword. Maybe a staff mages can use as an attack weapon but has magic+ or Int + on the item while still being preppable to assist with the change. Again, I am not a game designer so some of you may have better perspective on this aspect than I.

I would really like to see a comeback in the pet system, maybe with a possible pet that can follow you and carry items or attack for you. I always liked the pet system but was always wanting more after you no longer need a horse to travel.

I also had an idea to make kingdom core a little more interesting. Maybe have a dungeon that is only accessible by kingdom core winners(kingdom) every two weeks or so so that more people have incentive to participate.

Anything you guys have to add would be great, I just thought I would share a few suggestions and hope we get a good thread about some possible changes that YOU as a community would like to see because i know you are just as tired of idling as I am.

I also want to add that Nico is doing a great job and that these are just suggestions and not demands. I don't want people to think I'm trying to start a flame war. Thanks for reading.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:05 PM
Wolf
Beowolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd45 View Post
Currently, the game is very hard for newer players and we have been talking about having the majority of items craftable besides some of the higher end endgame items. With that in mind, it may take more creativity on the communities part to come up with fair values for each item's crafting materials and possibly a revival of alchemy. Maybe even a new job or skill pertaining to Smithing or two skills such as Armor smithing and weapon smithing.
In my opinion, what need new players is a stuff which can help them to kill monsters so they can easily level up on their own, without the need of someone higher than them.In our actual situation, players who haven't got friends in the server, face real difficulties not only to level up but also to know how the game works. One day i came across a guy who asked me: "if there are some jobs here like in era".

I think that the server- NPC should give an idea about the game to every person who log in. Further, i think we should make a vote to bring back iwd and ea to shops in somehow way to have more new players since the actual craftable stuff doesn't give much ac to kill monsters with close range weapons. Bows and magic take too long.
Old 11-15-2013, 11:12 PM
Jobs to make money would be good, but lets say we make bomys which are easily killable by new people drop items needed to craft a certain tier of items that lets them progress to HH and then to low level xmas. It would be nice to have a progression in place to help them level and learn the system. The tough part is the exp curve as it is kind of lame for new people.

EA's and IWDs were supposed to be end game and can be obtained by buying in shops. If we make a job that yielded plat to be sustainable to do so moderately, that would be nice. That way, everyone can enjoy them. Its something that would have to be heavily discussed by devs.

Hopefully they see the message. Thanks for posting.
Old 11-16-2013, 01:49 PM
Man of the King
super_matt89 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via ICQ to super_matt89 Send a message via AIM to super_matt89 Send a message via Yahoo to super_matt89
Quote:
Maybe even a new job or skill pertaining to Smithing or two skills such as Armor smithing and weapon smithing.
I think this is a great idea! Both the smithing job or say woodworker for furniture would be cool, armor smithing and weaponsmithing imo would make the learning curve smoother and more understandable for newbies who want to create their own gear which is a great aspected to GK.

Quote:
Another option that was thrown around was item requirements. Of course, this would mean certain levels are required to equip certain gear pieces. Maybe have certain mage items need a certain level of magic or a certain level of physical to equip. If this is the case, better or more accessible leveling areas could be implemented through new created dungeons or levels. I would be happy to learn how to make levels and contribute some of my own to make this possible.
I also agree with you here Todd, the requirements added a light technicality to equipment which is great on a long term scale so player don't get bored and also I think we can all agree that more accessible leveling areas would improve alot of things and is also a great idea!

Nice post, cheers!
Pirate Deshi Zakuto (Crescent Pirates)

Old 11-16-2013, 08:08 PM
BTK Slayer
TwinDragons is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TwinDragons
Honestly another change we need to make on GK is the "boxes"/"barrels" that can be purchased with Nihil coins. Now mostly they can be fair. But what I find totally bogus is the fact that you can get gear that is absolutely terrible for a box that you practically payed 50 USD+ for. I find that this will discourage newer players if they do something like this and they only get bottom-tier gear. Higher level boxes should equal higher level gear. And when I say "higher level gear" I don't mean end game stuff like Baal's, Striker, ect. I just mean something a bit more useful than a pair of elven's, which aren't even tiggable anymore.
Old 11-16-2013, 08:19 PM
Thixus S. Fevian
CharZAK is on a distinguished road
i remember how steep the learning curve was when i first played GK....i had almost no understanding of everything. what made it worse is the world was almost entirely idling people so asking for help was slow. so the idea of the npc server acting as a quick guide sounds great.

i also really enjoy the idea for jobs that pay.

the idea of classes having more meaning was kicked around by Nico for about three days...i have no clue if anything is happening with that.

i hate Nihil coins in general
the scribes are not needed....the one in trade is really pointless beign so close to the shop
the trader is a dangerous idea of which i am unsure of
the barrels...i think could use some balancing
perhaps you should be able to buy iwds and eas from the nihil shop for 8 nc

and i still think this game needs a big bad dragon
Old 11-17-2013, 02:18 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinDragons View Post
Honestly another change we need to make on GK is the "boxes"/"barrels" that can be purchased with Nihil coins. Now mostly they can be fair. But what I find totally bogus is the fact that you can get gear that is absolutely terrible for a box that you practically payed 50 USD+ for. I find that this will discourage newer players if they do something like this and they only get bottom-tier gear. Higher level boxes should equal higher level gear. And when I say "higher level gear" I don't mean end game stuff like Baal's, Striker, ect. I just mean something a bit more useful than a pair of elven's, which aren't even tiggable anymore.
You could also buy that kind of barrell and trade it in game for really good items, if u dont want to risk it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharZAK View Post
i remember how steep the learning curve was when i first played GK....i had almost no understanding of everything. what made it worse is the world was almost entirely idling people so asking for help was slow. so the idea of the npc server acting as a quick guide sounds great.

i also really enjoy the idea for jobs that pay.

the idea of classes having more meaning was kicked around by Nico for about three days...i have no clue if anything is happening with that.

i hate Nihil coins in general
the scribes are not needed....the one in trade is really pointless beign so close to the shop
the trader is a dangerous idea of which i am unsure of
the barrels...i think could use some balancing
perhaps you should be able to buy iwds and eas from the nihil shop for 8 nc

and i still think this game needs a big bad dragon
The scribes are used frequently according to the logs, so i wouldnt call them not needed. If you see it so alot of things are not needed but good to have.
At the moment we are focussing to prepare everything for facebook and hopefully release it soon to boost up our playercount.
We are also still working to lift the pm/mass message restrictions.

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 11-17-2013, 05:21 AM
I understand that you want to increase a playercount, but you wont be able to sustain that playercount without helping the newer players in some way or giving them something to work for and achieve that wont take them 10 years of on and off playing to achieve.

Barrels are also a hard commodity to trade, when you buy them, they automatically lose about half of their value for the sheer fact of crappy items mostly come out of them.
Old 11-17-2013, 05:25 AM
Kingdoms Management
NicoX will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to NicoX Send a message via MSN to NicoX
Quote:
I understand that you want to increase a playercount, but you wont be able to sustain that playercount without helping the newer players in some way or giving them something to work for and achieve that wont take them 10 years of on and off playing to achieve.

Barrels are also a hard commodity to trade, when you buy them, they automatically lose about half of their value for the sheer fact of crappy items mostly come out of them.
I saw high tier barrels selling for blood rings or items in that value. Also, Elven Boots are not in the barrels since 2 weeks now. I am also thinking about buffing them soon and removing them completely from chests/boxes aswell. So lets see.

We are also planning on a new kind of guide for players which you can toggle on and off. A guide which leads you during the server and shows what you can do and where you can do it. So this should help alot.
Also a new leveling spot will come soon aswell.
I just want to remember that staffs are working for free and give their best. Things wont change in just few days. In few months we will know more

-Nico
(GK Management)

Clash: Nico, I'm going to give you an example of good management.
Clash: One of my staff removed my RC and banned me.
Clash: I didn't ban or remove their RC after I got another one to fix me.
Clash: Do you know why?
Björn: Because you IP banned him ?

Stefan logged on.
(npcserver) has reset the attributes of Stefan
*Stefan: ah my client crashed

Old 11-17-2013, 05:34 AM
Yeah and I understand that working for free isn't the best concept and I thank you for reading and responding to the posts here.

If you need any help with something I would be glad to try my best if it doesnt involve art. XD. Just let me know.
Old 11-17-2013, 09:08 AM
Graal Police
cwc money is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Yeah and I understand that working for free isn't the best concept and I thank you for reading and responding to the posts here.

If you need any help with something I would be glad to try my best if it doesnt involve art. XD. Just let me know.
Despite some players beliefs we do work hard to progress GK in all aspects from pvp, pve, leveling, gear, new players, ect ect. Nico is 100% correct to say we all work for free, but its more than that. I don't know of one single staff member that is not a grown man with a full time job, bills, families, kids, wives, ect. Please consider this as well that it's more than just about pay, but about time as well. We don;t always get the ability to develop the server for hours a day. Majority of the higher staff above simple EM's or FAQs don't even really get to 'play' much, if at all because the little time we would, goes into development. We are also under-staffed. We have Nico, Stephen, 1 gani artist, 1 graphics artist, 1 levels artist. A few others like myself pitch in here and there but between real life, being GP, EM, ect., its hard to find time.

We appreciate everyone's patience, loyalty and desire to help and toss ideas into the hat, These simple acts alone have more value to us as staff than other outside forces. Just please remember to do this in the proper manner. "Trolling" and constant complaining does not help anything.

A thoughtful mind, when it sees a Nation's flag, sees not the flag only, but the Nation itself; and whatever may be its symbols, its insignia, he reads chiefly in the flag the Government, the principles, the truths, the history which belongs to the Nation that sets it forth.
Henry Ward Beecher

Fenix Vimes: [pssobl;y

New RC: Stefan - away (Stefan)
Stefan changed his/her nick to *Stefan
New NC: Stefan
*Stefan: hi
*Stefan: is lag a little bit less today?
*Stefan: ok
*Stefan: cya
Old 11-17-2013, 11:00 AM
Banned
hippogriffe is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New players and pet system?

Quote:
Hey guys! Shin here, and I wanted to post a few things that I have been discussing with people on kingdoms.

Another suggestion was thrown around about making classes MEAN something other than everyone always having a sword. Maybe a staff mages can use as an attack weapon but has magic+ or Int + on the item while still being preppable to assist with the change. Again, I am not a game designer so some of you may have better perspective on this aspect than I.

I would really like to see a comeback in the pet system, maybe with a possible pet that can follow you and carry items or attack for you. I always liked the pet system but was always wanting more after you no longer need a horse to travel.

I also had an idea to make kingdom core a little more interesting. Maybe have a dungeon that is only accessible by kingdom core winners(kingdom) every two weeks or so so that more people have incentive to participate.

Anything you guys have to add would be great, I just thought I would share a few suggestions and hope we get a good thread about some possible changes that YOU as a community would like to see because i know you are just as tired of idling as I am.

I also want to add that Nico is doing a great job and that these are just suggestions and not demands. I don't want people to think I'm trying to start a flame war. Thanks for reading.

*Currently, the game is very hard for newer players?*
==> I don't think its hard for newer players, If I take exemple from thebaythe and snow; they begin the game this summer at august they started normally, they asked how to play ... We told them that there is ton's of tutorials online so that's what they do they have been exping to the xmas dungeon which they found the existence from a FAQ (yeah FAQs are also here to help people), they both completed their task.. they both reached 110 in less than 2 weeks, and reached 107 phys in 1 month. For items they crafted many things like ninja wand and those new items from xmas dungeon they also told me that they got some cool items like ancaria glove from the chest at xmas! But they disapear from graal now, for a unknown reason.

An other exemple is Zach he won with less than 14 hours of playing a ring of descending darkness but he fast lose it even I told him like 10 times to save it! But someone bought it from him for nothing!
LIKE me I have won a rare con +2 belt worths probably more than 2 rows, well because I didn't knew the price I traded it to fenix for 4-5 basic tigables .

*I would really like to see a comeback in the pet system,*
==> For the pet system people will probably think that there is already a pet system but that is too old for you..
But you probably means that you want to create a pet doing like you said ingame healing people or attack people in pvp?
Well I can tell you that this is a born to die idea! Why? Because you will need someone that doesn't work for gk but is free to help and that can: GFX ,and then make all the sprites (which is really long took me 1 day), and then make a gani, and finally script it. Even if someone can do that he couldn't test it on GK , his onliest possibility is to go on a playerworld and ask a rc for test even he does accept you.. Yeah but you going to tell me what about the dev team? Well they have tons of works and that is too long to do.. so that's what it's a born to die Idea.
Old 11-17-2013, 02:49 PM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
helping the newer players in some way or giving them something to work for and achieve that wont take them 10 years of on and off playing to achieve.
We're working on ideas.

Quote:
It sounds like you are an individual who is exceptionally adverse to risk. My recommendation to you is not to depend on barrels; you're not having a good time with them. However, the sales of our barrels show that despite the risk which you are so adverse they are a very successful item with other buyers.

I am not catering our market to a handful of vocal individuals, in this case the data will be a guiding light. I hope you can appreciate my recommendation in your special circumstances.
Old 11-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Thixus S. Fevian
CharZAK is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hippogriffe View Post
*Currently, the game is very hard for newer players?*
==> I don't think its hard for newer players, If I take exemple from thebaythe and snow; they begin the game this summer at august they started normally, they asked how to play ... We told them that there is ton's of tutorials online so that's what they do they have been exping to the xmas dungeon which they found the existence from a FAQ (yeah FAQs are also here to help people), they both completed their task.. they both reached 110 in less than 2 weeks, and reached 107 phys in 1 month. For items they crafted many things like ninja wand and those new items from xmas dungeon they also told me that they got some cool items like ancaria glove from the chest at xmas! But they disapear from graal now, for a unknown reason.

An other exemple is Zach he won with less than 14 hours of playing a ring of descending darkness but he fast lose it even I told him like 10 times to save it! But someone bought it from him for nothing!
LIKE me I have won a rare con +2 belt worths probably more than 2 rows, well because I didn't knew the price I traded it to fenix for 4-5 basic tigables .

*I would really like to see a comeback in the pet system,*
==> For the pet system people will probably think that there is already a pet system but that is too old for you..
But you probably means that you want to create a pet doing like you said ingame healing people or attack people in pvp?
Well I can tell you that this is a born to die idea! Why? Because you will need someone that doesn't work for gk but is free to help and that can: GFX ,and then make all the sprites (which is really long took me 1 day), and then make a gani, and finally script it. Even if someone can do that he couldn't test it on GK , his onliest possibility is to go on a playerworld and ask a rc for test even he does accept you.. Yeah but you going to tell me what about the dev team? Well they have tons of works and that is too long to do.. so that's what it's a born to die Idea.
Hey I got that ring back...anyhow raffles tend to be quite random and are just a chance so that is not the best example

Anyhow finding help can be tricky...after a while the similarities help you learn...to be honest all we need to do is be more welcoming to new players. I have helped a few out, i used to help level a decent group of people in xmas. Perhaps a (General Help) staff tag should be created as a branch of the FAQ but withmore active and ready to help with general issues by taking actions rather than just returning a pm
Old 11-27-2013, 03:24 PM
whatever.
Maharu will become famous soon enough
hello! this was angry pancake's idea, but he couldn't post it because he has a trial account. i really liked it so i offered to do it for him.

his thought was that what if we were able to make market tables accept currency besides plats? like if you want to sell something for diamonds, then that person can pay dias (or whatever other currency the seller wants to take). the seller could make the selection when putting the item up for sale. i think it makes a lot of sense as the whole economy seems pretty barter based already. and some items are worth so much in plats it would be insanity to try and ever put it on a market table, so this would make that possible.

when i used to play (i haven't in a long time) i loved going to visit the different kingdoms to browse their player markets. it was a fun reason to go out and explore instead of just bumming around in trade. it might encourage people to build their own shops again, especially if the playercount starts to go up & there are more potential participants in the economy. it doesn't seem like a really large or complicated idea, but i thought it was nice

then again i don't know much about videogames or fake economies so i could be way off here. but i figured couldn't hurt to post it.

Last edited by Maharu; 11-27-2013 at 03:26 PM.. Reason: typos