FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-27-2006, 03:56 AM
Proud Owner of Ol' West
hidro is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to hidro Send a message via MSN to hidro
Ol' West, Hiring Most.

Hello Everyone.

We are totally remaking Ol' West. We made a chat room tonight, 4 of the highest staff and got the basic plan of the server out.
Now we are needing some staff to help us accomplish are goals.
Here is the basic outline.

The Year is 1881, During the US Revolution, Faction vs. Faction, Wide Eyes vs. Red Skin.. Cowboy VS. Indians. It will the same as the oldern days.
There Will be territory wars for ressources, and open trading between factions. The indians, The skilled hunters, Will gather furs and trade for better guns. With the furs the Cowboys shall be able to make clothing with Clothing Recepes. We are fully redoing the whole tileset, so the tileset will be nicer and easier for LAT's to make quality, detailed levels. They're will also be custom Bodies for the clothing system. We are making the item sytem a string based item system. The server is mostly in GS2. Right now we will not be hiring LAT's until the new tiles are done but we still need some scripters and GAT's, But you will be tested so don't come along if you don't know what your doing. Expect hard work, This time we are dedicated and we shall not give up. Everything is serious, Though we have some fun moments, it is not always play time. On another note for people saying that this is another "Era", There will be an RP side to it, A Storyline from the US Revolution for each Faction, so do not be amazed if you find yourself not always being brutally killed, Not all lvls will be PVP Enabled.

These are a few of the Things we do plan on doing that we have discussed in our Chat Room:
(Note: This is not the only things we have talked about, We have ALOT More things discussed)

Bank Robbery, Event will be able to be held 3-4 Times a Week a certain day (Not yet Chosen) It will be like CTF, Posse Vs. Posse (CIVILIANS GET OUT OF THE WAY, Once the Bank Robbery is Started Both posses try to bring bags back to their bases, The Bank has 5 bags, Whoever at the end has the most bags wins a Sum of money that goes to the Posse Safe, The leader then decides how he wants to split the money...And in the End there will be train robberies but we wont go into that

Travelling
Horseback Riding, A Player shall be able to learn how to ride a horse. Thus giving a better travelling time, Weapons Can be used on horses, But your aim will not be as good as will umounted. You need to take care of your horse, Feeding and Keeping it in good health, It cannot run forever, let it rest.

There will be Trains taking you from place to place. A Faster travelling time and they can take you anywheres, at a price.

The Jobs Include: Mining and Smithing, Gathering Jobs (Fruits, Berries etc), Collecting Hide and Furs from animals, And the Bounty System

The Bounty System has its ranges from 1-10.. Once you get lvl 8+, When you are killed People get Money for killing you. When approaching lvl 10 (Around 9.5) Your name is posted on a wanted poster. If you are killed while lvl 10, The person who killed you gets a greater ammount of money and you lose all your wanted, Thus losing your Reputation

The economy will be very strict and low like in the old times. The player owned shops will be charged taxes on every item so the economy doesnt get out of control, and the prices rise as the economy grows, seeming like everything is evolving

The Posses, Well there will be limited ammounts. Each Posse will be entitled to their own base/Custom guns. There will be restrictions though. The posse will need to earn enough money to Buy Their Land, Once they have land, They can buy their Gun Spawn. They just have to tell us Rifle/Pistol and Fast/Slow. Then we shall design it for us, In the end, All guns will be pretty equal so there will be no Overpowering Guns. And lets say your in the posse you have the gun and you leave because you want to collect all of the guns, Too bad. You leave the posse you lose the gun. Like a betrayal Punishement. We will have X Number of Gangs. So Therefor there will be 2X Number of Gun Templates, First come first serve Basis.

The Guns will Have different Calibre Ratings. Lets say a Pistol can take .356 and .450 Calibres.. Well the 356 Will be faster but shoot less hard then the 450.. But you buy a .500 calibre pistol and it rocks the damage out of the previous ones, but shoot less fast.. Example:
.356 = Normal DMG, Fast Shot
.400 = Medium DMG, Medium Shot
.500 = Strong DMG, Slow Shot
Also same thing for Rifles, .356 and .22 and Shotguns will be 12 Gauges but they can be sawed off.

Note: Not all guns will be able to take the ammo, For the bigger ammo AKA: .50 Calibre, It will take a bigger gun like a Magnum. Also the Bigger the Gun and the Bigger the ammo, The More Expensive it is.

The Factions will be: Wide Eyes (Cowboys) and Red Skins (Indians)
We might add Classes but we arnt sure. If there was it would be for example Sharpshooter = +1 DMG, Outlaw = +1 Speed, ETC.. but not sure about it yet.

GAT Apps to Lance Leone Email: [email protected] AIM: LanceLeone

NAT Apps to Mag Email: [email protected] AIM: MaGgotrelife

LAT Apps Wont be taken until the new tileset is released, The applicants will have to make levels with our tileset.

Any Questions or Concerns, Constructive Critism, Ideas, or Simply anything nice to say, Post it here so i can read.

Thanks for you're time guys. We are going at it hard and need help.
-Ol' West Management
Old 03-27-2006, 05:12 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
I may LAT for you.
Old 03-27-2006, 05:55 AM
Banned
Warcaptain is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Warcaptain Send a message via AIM to Warcaptain Send a message via Yahoo to Warcaptain
I actually went on to check this server out today and was really impressed.

I have no time, busy with Mana Realms but I wish you the best of luck.. if anyone asks to work for me that I don't need I will surely send them your way

Best of luck, and I am excited to see how things work out!
Old 03-27-2006, 08:33 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
There is a HUGE overworld that me and a few LATs worked on, i spent ages on the rivers and stuff, if its still on the server or Tig has it, id recommend you using it, ive got nice ground terrain done, good natural appearing rivers and tracks going around a 1000 level overworld :P

Also, best of luck if you do or not ^_^
Old 03-27-2006, 08:38 PM
DrunkNewb_p2p is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to DrunkNewb_p2p Send a message via AIM to DrunkNewb_p2p Send a message via MSN to DrunkNewb_p2p Send a message via Yahoo to DrunkNewb_p2p
Ol'West is coming back? I liked the theme before, when I see it up again I might apply for LAT.
Old 03-27-2006, 10:00 PM
Proud Owner of Ol' West
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
There is a HUGE overworld that me and a few LATs worked on, i spent ages on the rivers and stuff, if its still on the server or Tig has it, id recommend you using it, ive got nice ground terrain done, good natural appearing rivers and tracks going around a 1000 level overworld :P

Also, best of luck if you do or not ^_^
Well see with the new tiles (Which look so gorgeous) We will need to redo the whole overworld, Thanks though!
Old 03-27-2006, 10:21 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
WELCOME BACK DJINN

I remember when i worked there when it was just a baby concept, it was even so awesome back then.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:44 PM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
Interesting.
Old 03-27-2006, 11:53 PM
Registered Punmaster
Sulukra is on a distinguished road
You forgot to say if you were hiring gani artists or not.
Old 03-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Proud Owner of Ol' West
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sulukra
You forgot to say if you were hiring gani artists or not.
Oh my bad, Yes we are actualy looking for a ganis admin to do the hirings. Il be taking those applications, AIM: DjinnTelvecho
Email: [email protected]
Old 03-28-2006, 02:58 AM
Prime Rib of Micronesia
warp2ukew will become famous soon enough
Somebody say something other than "I may apply for LAT!" We are not hiring those yet.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:49 AM
Registered Punmaster
Sulukra is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by warp2ukew
Somebody say something other than "I may apply for LAT!" We are not hiring those yet.
I may think about applying for gani artist?
Old 03-28-2006, 05:43 AM
Proud Owner of Ol' West
We are DEEPLY in need of good scripters that know Gscript2...
Old 03-28-2006, 06:32 AM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
You can't have Ol' West without the '. I demand the '.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	afsasf.png
Views:	168
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	35929  
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.

Last edited by napo_p2p; 03-28-2006 at 07:04 AM..
Old 03-28-2006, 06:16 PM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by napo_p2p
You can't have Ol' West without the '. I demand the '.
You know, I just noticed that. When I gave hidro a level four remote control level like two days ago, I could've sworn it had the, " ' ".

Anyways, I hope you find help! It's looking great, can't wait to play it.