Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Classic Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniOne View Post
There would be no point in hiring ETs FAQs and GPs for a server with such a low playercount compared to the previous years.
i've said this before and i'll say it again, a low playercount does not justify a low GP/GC/FAQ count. everyday i see people needing FAQ help, everyday there are people asking when the next event will be hosted, everyday i see people being harassed or abused, or using trainers. naturally some of these are more often than others and i'm just an FAQ, i can only do so much, but i will be a little unconventional if i do need to be in order to make people happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackSolider View Post
The idea I stated about giving devs tickets or something was based more on rewarded for releasing content, rather than # of hours. Anyone can idle on tag. We need people who actually get stuff done. Thus we should reward them with something more than a "good job" and a "get to work on the next project".
there really isn't a good answer to this, and if there is one then we haven't found it. it doesn't help that classic scripting isn't like most other servers. perhaps someone who knows how to script and has the freetime should make some kind of scripting guide or something along those lines. i've told FAQ to keep an eye out for developers that are roaming about, i saw one the other day but have yet to talk to thor about it.
Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
perhaps someone who knows how to script and has the freetime should make some kind of scripting guide or something along those lines
That's easy. Here it is:
1. Be prepared to deal with the most horribly-designed group of scripts imaginable.
2. Feel free to try whatever you want, but you WILL need to follow endless chain calling back and forth of all the systems to figure out what's really happening.
3. Wonder why you're even bothering when there's no benefit to you other than potential "praise" that won't come anyway.
4. In the event that you try to do something anyway, and it fails in any way whatsoever, be ready to take endless insults and childish anger from everyone who expects perfection at all times.

I wonder why constant and consistent work isn't done.

(Regarding #4 in particular: ) I really wish some of you could see how DC reacted to the update I made to HP a few days ago. It was truly pathetic. (As some of you know, it wasn't functioning properly for several hours due to an oversight and lack of accurate information.) It makes me want to spend all of my free time on the server that might blindly give him even more control over others! That was somewhat of a tangent, but such lack of patience and understanding needs to be known under the current circumstances.

Last edited by -Ramirez-; 03-09-2009 at 11:27 PM.. Reason: added detail
Old 03-09-2009, 11:30 PM
Remonq is just really niceRemonq is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ramirez- View Post
blahblahblah
how about something a little less sarcastic and that isn't intended to be a direct insult against a particular player. is that too much to ask for?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:32 PM
-Ramirez- has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Remonq View Post
how about something a little less sarcastic and that isn't intended to be a direct insult against a particular player. is that too much to ask for?
All 4 points were completely valid and realistic. The last simply reminded me of extra information that people need to be aware of. If its purpose was to insult DC, I wouldn't have added it to the post. I would hope people that're going to give opinions to the PWA staff are going to be informed as much as possible and not just go based on personal opinions. Also, #4 was not limited to DC.
Old 03-10-2009, 01:54 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
@ ranger's top post on the page.

Yes, a low playercount is an excuse for a low GP/GC/FAQ count. I personally try to only host quality events, and a 4 player event isn't a 'quality event' in my books. Other GCs might think differently; other GCs might agree with me. Regardless, I'm not going to try to force events just to try and raise the playercount. I personally don't find them fun to play nor watch, and so I don't host them.

Similarly, GPs aren't needed in mass number right now on classic. I don't ever hear about people hacking or anything nowadays. Honestly I don't agree with jailing people for swearing (excessive swearing or racism is another story,) but even then I don't see it as much as I used to. Thus you don't need a GP online 24/7 b/c, as far as I know, they wouldn't be doing much all day but glaring at people who swear.

Similarly again, FAQ aren't needed in great numbers on classic. We have very few quests that noobs need help with, and anyone that has a question can just ask any friendly player. I'm not saying FAQ aren't needed; they just don't need to be on 24/7 'just in case' some noob has a question or needs help. Obviously noobs are needed because they (hopefully) eventually grow into solid new players, but let's be honest here: FAQ is the least important of the staff positions. Now I can already picture you going off on that statement, saying how uninformed I am about your job and the role you play in the server. That's all fine and dandy. But let's be realistic. FAQs are needed when new content is released and people (noobs and current players alike) need help; FAQs aren't needed as much when the playercount is at 15.
Old 03-10-2009, 02:34 AM
retired graal veteran
k_killar is infamous around these parts
Send a message via AIM to k_killar
who cares, we all know classic fails..

Old 03-10-2009, 02:38 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by k_killar View Post
who cares, we all know classic fails..
thanks for the support man

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-10-2009, 03:26 AM
Classic FAQ
xnervNATx will become famous soon enough
Quote:
@ ranger's top post on the page.

Yes, a low playercount is an excuse for a low GP/GC/FAQ count. I personally try to only host quality events.

lmao hosting CTF 5 times a day that not what i call quality :P
Old 03-10-2009, 03:31 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
He means quality as in limiting some players to captain, and not letting you pick whoever you want.

Shot at the dino ++

BTW Glad, you type wayyyy too many novels.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-10-2009, 03:34 AM
Classic FAQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticX2X View Post
He means quality as in limiting some players to captain, and not letting you pick whoever you want.

Shot at the dino ++

BTW Glad, you type wayyyy too many novels.
letting people like ryu or cody being captain isnt really good. person like mighty glad thor should captain more often so there a small fair factor in every game.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:44 AM
Gladius
BlackSolider will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to BlackSolider
Yeah but mighty, glad, and thor don't always volunteer for captain. Instead, some noob like jade or skyzer volunteer. Thus the GC has a choice: let em be cap and risk a crappy team and thus a crappy event, or remove them and have them yell at you for the next 20 minutes for "violating their rights to be captain".

And mystic, if you call that a novel, you have some low standards.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 AM
Bell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud ofBell has much to be proud of
Quote:
The idea I stated about giving devs tickets or something was based more on rewarded for releasing content, rather than # of hours. Anyone can idle on tag. We need people who actually get stuff done. Thus we should reward them with something more than a "good job" and a "get to work on the next project".
lol, When I read that I thought to myself. Nicely done! now script yourself a cool weapon to use . No Hell Raven, you cannot make yourself another personal Iris, I will have to set explosives under her and blow her up.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:50 AM
DarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the roughDarkCloud_PK is a jewel in the rough
Aren't you two supposed to be a team?
It's really annoying to listen to you guys squabble in public 24/7.

~DC
2001-2002 - Classic FAQ Administrator/Special Operations Administrator
2005 - 2009 - GC Dev Admin
2009 - Classic Dev Admin Stint
Old 03-10-2009, 03:52 AM
Prince
MysticX2X will become famous soon enough
All 4 people listen (from both laura and Gladius) are frequent CTF players who know who is good or not. CTF is about having fun, not having a GC coordinated team. If they simply aren't serious with their picking (it'll be conspicuous, so don't post any skepticical thoughts), then there is the option of removing that person from captain or the event as a whole. There is an events ban system, that recently has been starting to get used, that provides measurements to these violators of other peoples enjoyment. CTF is a 50/50 chance to win, Gladius. You cannot assure a win for both teams.

former acc: mystic2k

RIP Matt (NBK)
Old 03-10-2009, 04:12 AM
Classic FAQ
sometime gc are not watching the pick and its end up being mighty kill mystic and cody(exemple) vs glad me ryu and skyzer. sound pretty lame if u ask me