Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms > Crescent Pirates
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-19-2004, 01:38 AM
Teh Lunpa
MrGannondorf is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MrGannondorf
development ideas

As odd as I feel saying this, thank you, mark, for closing the last thread.

Now here is what this thread its:
Development ideas & brain storming for things we can have added to our island, whoever it is that may or may not become the new gov, or who will or who won't get dev/debug rights.

Here is what I hope this thread is NOT:
flame fest and definitions or rp, or anything relating to the guild's politics.

Now, let the ideas begin.
Old 04-19-2004, 01:57 AM
Ziro_Vitrudestec is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Ziro_Vitrudestec
Re: development ideas

Quote:
Originally posted by MrGannondorf
things we can have added to our island
Nothing's needed. Go with the pirate hate idea. Also, the towns/islands (Slug Island... Midland village) could be used more... refer to the map.

Quote:
whoever it is that may or may not become the new gov
May:
Me
Gozelda/Cyrin
Lyndzey
Kerith

I'd say may not...but they'll only flame me -.-

Quote:
who will or who won't get dev/debug rights.
Will:
Me
Gozelda/Cyrin

Edit: Maybe there's no need to say who WONT become Gov or get debug rights. It kind of just leads to pointing out who you don't like. Obviously, only a few people can get these jobs and everyone else won't.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:44 AM
Teh Lunpa
Re: Re: development ideas

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziro_Vitrudestec

May:
Me
Gozelda/Cyrin
Lyndzey
Kerith

I'd say may not...but they'll only flame me -.-

Will:
Me
Gozelda/Cyrin

Edit: Maybe there's no need to say who WONT become Gov or get debug rights. It kind of just leads to pointing out who you don't like. Obviously, only a few people can get these jobs and everyone else won't.
You're not one to listen. You never pass up a chance to praise yourself, do you? Anyhow...

[sarcastic]Sure, nothing is needed, but thats no reason not to have anything. In theory, we don't need the castles, the playerhouses, the kingdom islands... hell, we don't even need graphics! We can just adapt graal to the comandline. Thats rp, right? right?[/sarcastic]

More towns and villages? Hardly space for it. I was thinking more like forts, pubs, etc. Lets expand on what we have.

New stuff, I says, new stuff.
Old 04-19-2004, 05:49 AM
Re: Re: Re: development ideas

Quote:

You're not one to listen. You never pass up a chance to praise yourself, do you? Anyhow...

[sarcastic]Sure, nothing is needed, but thats no reason not to have anything. In theory, we don't need the castles, the playerhouses, the kingdom islands... hell, we don't even need graphics! We can just adapt graal to the comandline. Thats rp, right? right?[/sarcastic]

More towns and villages? Hardly space for it. I was thinking more like forts, pubs, etc. Lets expand on what we have.

New stuff, I says, new stuff.
Look at the post I made about houses. I explained how lots of stuff isn't being used yet. There's no need to develop more if people aren't making use of what already exists.
Old 04-19-2004, 06:39 AM
Teh Lunpa
its easier to have people relist what they want to see happen the most in one spot, rather than have to sift through, what this thread has become, trash.
Old 04-19-2004, 11:18 AM
Banned
Monkeyboy_McGee is on a distinguished road
Forts
Old 04-19-2004, 05:11 PM
Dehitay is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to Dehitay
Dehitay is a Game Coordinator/Event Master at heart
I want to design some sort of Pirates Event House

It could be used for all kinds of events

For Example, we could have a drinking game
A random variable makes it to where you have a 5% chance of passing out after taking a drink
Whoever can drink the most grogs wins

That event would be incredibly easy to script and there's plenty of others that could be done as well
Though none of the rest I can think of fit into Pirate role playing
but still fun non the less
"This 'caveat emptor' approach does not mean Scamming is legal, only that it is difficult to prove. If Graal Police witness a scam directly they may punish the offending player. The best way to avoid being scammed is to only trade within secure trading facilities in Graal." ~Rules of Conduct
Old 04-19-2004, 05:40 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Hm, well as Aeva already knows, it was my idea to have Captains and crews be inhabitants of a town/city, and sorta act like tribes. So, they also get their own small shipyard, and perhaps the big castle one should be destroyed and be replaced with one of them Pirates hide-out placez.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 04-20-2004, 01:24 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by GoZelda
Hm, well as Aeva already knows, it was my idea to have Captains and crews be inhabitants of a town/city, and sorta act like tribes. So, they also get their own small shipyard, and perhaps the big castle one should be destroyed and be replaced with one of them Pirates hide-out placez.
Your idea? Nice idea....but if you didn't notice, when I was Governor it was already being established for each Captain to be like leader/Mayor of a town and the playershouses in the town would belong to the crew. Captain Alisa's newbie crew's town was Pirton. Your magic crew's town was Nur-Huk. I don't really remember the rest. I think it was still being worked on. You get the point.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:21 AM
So this is teh end...
Desolator12 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Desolator12
Yah, I remember that... i was in alysa's crew... but then the memberlist got washed and I got to be Captain... It's nice, but demanding too.

I like GoZelda's shipyard idea better than mine, which was to just expand the old one making room for more ships.

Also, perhapse certain areas of Crecent Island could have advantages... Like the area below the mountain could be a sort of metalurgy town, Milton could stay as-is, Pirton could be just the Capital, Westford the trading town, and add somewhere a town for grog!

Perhapse if Captains could claim an area for their crew on the map and establish a Named-and-Mapped town.
Old 04-20-2004, 03:26 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Desolator12
Yah, I remember that... i was in alysa's crew... but then the memberlist got washed and I got to be Captain... It's nice, but demanding too.

I like GoZelda's shipyard idea better than mine, which was to just expand the old one making room for more ships.

Also, perhapse certain areas of Crecent Island could have advantages... Like the area below the mountain could be a sort of metalurgy town, Milton could stay as-is, Pirton could be just the Capital, Westford the trading town, and add somewhere a town for grog!

Perhapse if Captains could claim an area for their crew on the map and establish a Named-and-Mapped town.
I established Westford as the main town for shops. Pirton was intended to have some business as well. I believe the idea was supposed to be for Pirton to have a cheaper minor trading town (for poor players) and Westford to be the bigger one (as drawn out from the Big Man above- sadly, I doubt the leadership will be caring for him anymore; I know I did, but it probably ended there).

And also, Ghoul Island was to be used for a pub (especially with the increasing desire of players to make use of it... better to edit the levels first before putting the houses there; or that's what i figured at least). Lamer was going to do that with Slug Island, but it's just too small to do too much with.

Edit: If you find yourself constantly lost and have no idea what I'm referring to when I mention Ghoul Islan, Slug Island, or Nur-Huk in my posts, check your kingdom's map for the sake of all good: http://forums.graal2001.com/forums/a...&postid=845289