Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Guild Life
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Rjax Shizibz
Dnegel will become famous soon enough
Good luck Xor.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:46 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
still waiting for someone with actual guild history to take this position. hopefully hiro is wrong but i dont know. gl anyway
What are you guys expecting a Guilds Admin to do? All I see is that it's just a matter of seeing if any guilds are ready to be approved or not.
Old 03-05-2010, 05:55 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
What are you guys expecting a Guilds Admin to do? All I see is that it's just a matter of seeing if any guilds are ready to be approved or not.
They could expand their role to cover guild events, new guild features, etc. Otherwise scrap the position and have PWA take care of it instead.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:04 PM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
They could expand their role to cover guild events, new guild features, etc. Otherwise scrap the position and have PWA take care of it instead.
Isn't that what server's should be doing? Last time I checked participation and interest in cross server events was pretty low, which would put cross server guild events in the same boat so that would just be a wasted effort.

New features on the website will never happen since the global guild system is fairly unchangeable by anyone except for Stefan. Functions to manage a global guild from the client would also require Stefan to provide the necessary functions to do so.

I don't think the Guilds Admin should have to do any advertising either since we have the Graal News Team to do so, this is just another thing to ask (Any guild events, etc.) to make news out of.

Edit: The PWA is taking care of it, Xor just has rights to do so which I assume was the point of this thread.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:48 PM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Isn't that what server's should be doing? Last time I checked participation and interest in cross server events was pretty low, which would put cross server guild events in the same boat so that would just be a wasted effort.
When and where did you check? Cross server events have always been popular as proven by the real graalmypic event and cross-server sparring tournies (Delteria and Babylon had a history of this). The last time we tried to get a graalmypics going players showed a lot of interest.

Quote:
New features on the website will never happen since the global guild system is fairly unchangeable by anyone except for Stefan. Functions to manage a global guild from the client would also require Stefan to provide the necessary functions to do so.
I never said the Guilds Admin would be the one to implement them but, rather, present them. I know Tig started a thread when he was hired which was a step in the right direction.

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=85088

I'm sure there are some little things we'd all like to see, with the Guild Admin being the perfect one to push for it. Moderators are here to moderate yet the dev mods sometimes do little events for posters to take part in.

Quote:
Edit: The PWA is taking care of it, Xor just has rights to do so which I assume was the point of this thread.
I meant if the GA's only job is to approve/deny applicants then there's no point in having one.
Old 03-05-2010, 06:57 PM
team canada
Quote:
When and where did you check? Cross server events have always been popular as proven by the real graalmypic event and cross-server sparring tournies (Delteria and Babylon had a history of this). The last time we tried to get a graalmypics going players showed a lot of interest.
Yeah and that was how many years ago? I asked people on Zodiac if they wanted to do Graalympics and got nothing constructive out of it to convince me to want to do it.

The recent server war failure also makes me believe that it wouldn't succeed either.
Old 03-05-2010, 07:01 PM
Quote:
Yeah and that was how many years ago? I asked people on Zodiac if they wanted to do Graalympics and got nothing constructive out of it to convince me to want to do it.

The recent server war failure also makes me believe that it wouldn't succeed either.
We were working on a BI Graalmypics a year or two ago and both forum members and players from various servers showed interest in it. I can't really see Zodiac's core players (or even Era's for that matter) expecting to partake in global events but I'm pretty sure they'll come around. A lot of Zodiac's playerbase is from UN anyway. If by the recent "server war" you're referring to Era vs UN...well yeah that was pretty doomed to failure. No one really cared about it except Streety and a few Eranians.

The very recent UN guild spar tourney and of course the massive UN guild war from 1-2 years ago proves that guilds still have some life left in them. Naturally it's the servers that need to get involved, but there is still a lot of room for the Guilds Admin to be acting on. (Of course any updates to the guild system should be working to get more people involved, not only cater to a few guilds on UN.)
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 PM
J.Rollin (killaz)
jkldogg can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to jkldogg Send a message via MSN to jkldogg
Lightbulb -saysomethingsmart-

Xor? Hrmm...

He's a fair guy. Unlike alot of other admins. I'll give him that.

PSN: jkldogg

The best post ever made on the graal forums.
After playing Graal Online for many years, JKL decides to make a forum account. Isn't life funny?
Old 03-05-2010, 09:34 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
... room for the Guilds Admin to be acting on. (Of course any updates to the guild system should be working to get more people involved, not only cater to a few guilds on UN.)
Out of the top 3 servers (Zod, Era, and UN) only UN allows people to wear guild tags. Im sure that doesn't help the cause
Old 03-05-2010, 10:20 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
I don't know what you're talking about. I spoke to many Era players and they are pretty much thrilled to do a cross server event between any server.

Also, most of you are wrong about the so called "failed" cross server event. I spoke to UN players and they liked the idea as well. The reason it didn't go was something because the way we "approached" it. However, it was a joke for the most part and UN administration took it too seriously. The players though that I talked to liked the idea though. Also, one reason Streety declined was since he said it would take the focus off the development of UN. If the Guild Admin worked on it, this wouldn't happen (Even though my proposal wouldn't effect the development in any way).
Old 03-05-2010, 10:34 PM
team canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Out of the top 3 servers (Zod, Era, and UN) only UN allows people to wear guild tags. Im sure that doesn't help the cause
Zodiac's allowed Global Guilds for a while now, and the scripted guild system supports them as well.
Old 03-05-2010, 11:34 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by papajchris View Post
Also, while they can't really set their guild tag I've seen a parties called "Party BTK", so they still can communicate to each other like that.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:13 AM
Banned
Cubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant futureCubical has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
Also, while they can't really set their guild tag I've seen a parties called "Party BTK", so they still can communicate to each other like that.
You could make it so it's only possible to make/join a party with a global guilds name if you are actually in the guild itself. Would make global guilds still be useful on era.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:26 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubical View Post
You could make it so it's only possible to make/join a party with a global guilds name if you are actually in the guild itself. Would make global guilds still be useful on era.
Which is why we need better support for global guilds. I planned to do this with a new gang system on Era using jerret's global guild stuff he shared in the code gallery, but a built-in isGlobalGuild()/other functions would be ideal.

Being able to manage your global guild in-game would be a huge step in the right direction imo.
Old 03-06-2010, 03:27 AM
Kanto League Champion
Demisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud ofDemisis_P2P has much to be proud of
Wasn't there an idea to make a scripted Guild Control Panel so that you could manage your guild from inside the game without having to go to the website?

I would kind of like to see Era support global guilds now that the Gangs on the server are practically defunct.