Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Tech Support
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 12-20-2006, 02:14 PM
In the real world ogod.
Skrobo2 is on a distinguished road
Bodies messing up

Lately I've been having problems with graphics on Graal.
The first being white on the GUI when I first log in. Which isn't bad and just a little annoying. The second being bodies messing up. Every once in a while, I'll get some really annoying errors. It will start showing every players body as one players body. So like it will show my body and the sprite of it as the body of everyone in the level. I've attached some screenshots.
And before someone suggests it, I've already updated to the latest drivers and I have DirectX 9.0c. I have between 8 and 64mb of vram depending on if it's needed or not. I'm running Windows XP Professional on a 1.06 ghz Toshiba Satellite laptop with 512mb of vram. The graphics card is a Intel 82830M integrated graphics controller. I checked the F2 log and it had no errors. I've attached some screen shots along with the log file.

I'd really like to get this fixed. Because if I can't, I'm going to quit Graal until I'm able to build me a new desktop pc.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fkedbodies.PNG
Views:	255
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	38977   Click image for larger version

Name:	fkedbodies2.PNG
Views:	245
Size:	174.0 KB
ID:	38978   Click image for larger version

Name:	fkedguiwindows.PNG
Views:	246
Size:	171.6 KB
ID:	38979  
Attached Files
File Type: log graal4console.log (17.3 KB, 221 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I would rather have dead forums.
Old 12-20-2006, 05:14 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
seems like you're actually missing some graphics?
Old 12-20-2006, 06:32 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Are those errors always happening or only in random cases (the gui, and the body) ? Some other people have reported similar problems before but I wasn't able to get in contact with them for giving special test versions of Graal.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:37 PM
In the real world ogod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami View Post
seems like you're actually missing some graphics?
No the white squares are only right after I start Graal. I can't log in until they go away and the regular GUI is shown, but it's only for about 5 seconds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
Are those errors always happening or only in random cases (the gui, and the body) ? Some other people have reported similar problems before but I wasn't able to get in contact with them for giving special test versions of Graal.
They happen randomly with the bodies and see above about the gui. I know of other people that have the same problem from time to time but mine seems to be more frequent. It started happening when I upgraded my ram and that allowed my vram to go up as well. At the same time I upgraded my ram I also installed the latest video drivers and Directx 9.0c. I'd be happy to help you test.

Quote:

Last edited by Skrobo2; 12-20-2006 at 08:48 PM..
Old 12-20-2006, 09:38 PM
Rufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud ofRufus has much to be proud of
Quote:
The GUI issue I have every time I format my computer, it fixes as soon as I install my graphics driver, as does http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...ad.php?t=70868
Old 12-22-2006, 12:51 AM
In the real world ogod.
Another problem that was just brought back to my attention. The install packages window displays nothing for me. I had to get RC, the editor, GraalShop, and bass.dll from friends. Now I can't upgrade to the new RC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	installpackages.PNG
Views:	231
Size:	300.3 KB
ID:	38986  

Quote:

Last edited by Skrobo2; 12-22-2006 at 03:45 AM..
Old 12-27-2006, 10:07 AM
In the real world ogod.
I've waited a while now and still haven't got any more replies from Stefan. This problem is getting worse and makes the game unplayable. If I can't get any help fixing this, I'm just going to get annoyed and quit.

Quote:
Old 12-27-2006, 10:19 AM
Era Developer
Bl0nkt will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Bl0nkt
I had this problem a while back. Not sure what I did to fix it. Just kinda fixed itself.

It's copying the body from one single player in the level and applying it to everybody. It keeps the direction, colors, and animation of the body as well.
Old 12-27-2006, 10:05 PM
In the real world ogod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bl0nkt View Post
I had this problem a while back. Not sure what I did to fix it. Just kinda fixed itself.

It's copying the body from one single player in the level and applying it to everybody. It keeps the direction, colors, and animation of the body as well.
Exactly. And nothing I've done has fixed it. I've tried updating DirectX to 9.0c and updating my graphics drivers to the latest. It seems to happen when I do something like resize the window or open another window or another game. And I've noticed that if I go as far down and to the right of every other player as I can it will clear up a little bit. By that I mean my body will be shown normally, but every other players is still messed up.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2007, 06:17 AM
Criminal X
PrinceDark will become famous soon enough
sorry for bumping this, but has anyone found a solution to the problems with the bodies?
Old 01-25-2007, 06:19 AM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
Ive had the problems with the bodies ever since i started graal again in August.
Old 01-25-2007, 08:14 AM
In the real world ogod.
See it's obviously a problem with the client and Stefan should look into it. I know he's a busy man, but this is making me want to quit pretty badly. The only reason I'm still around is a promise I made to some friends not to quit.

Quote:
Old 01-25-2007, 02:56 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
This happened with v2 if the body image was only 32*32 pixels or smaller. Dunno if that might help, just wanted to tell ya.
Old 01-25-2007, 09:59 PM
Graal Administration
Admins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud ofAdmins has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skrobo2 View Post
See it's obviously a problem with the client and Stefan should look into it. I know he's a busy man, but this is making me want to quit pretty badly. The only reason I'm still around is a promise I made to some friends not to quit.
The install window is still empty?
Old 01-26-2007, 12:19 AM
In the real world ogod.
Quote:
The install window is still empty?
If you mean the install packages, then no sir. And I don't have the same problem with PMs crashing my video drives since version 4.208 came out. I still have the same problem with bodies, but it doesn't happen at random now. It only happens when i downsize or resize the game window.

Quote: