Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Graal V6 forums > Questions about V6
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-20-2009, 02:41 AM
WaDaFack is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Why can't you..

Why can't you Run Graal in 256colors and Disable Visual Themes, to reduce lag for those low-class computers?

It's not a problem for me, but I'm just curious..

Old 06-20-2009, 03:37 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Uh...I'm pretty sure Graal uses/supports more than 256 colors.
Old 06-20-2009, 05:38 AM
I tried playing Graal in 256colors, and I think it just closes the client >.>

Old 06-23-2009, 04:07 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Running Graal in 256 colour mode will have practically no performance benefit and will just make the entire game look ugly. Anyone having issues with slowness should first try updating their graphics drivers (probably about 80% of the time, people's problems with Graal are related to them using outdated graphics drivers).
Old 06-24-2009, 08:20 AM
Cubes is a jewel in the roughCubes is a jewel in the rough
I lag when I walk through level links on eras gmap and it's not like a small amount of lag it's unbearable client freezing lag and I have the most updated drivers for my graphics card and I have also tried older versions of it to see if it was just the newer version of my drivers. I only have that problem on era though and don't lag at all on other servers. Any idea on what I can do to prevent that, that's the reason I don't play era.
Old 06-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubes View Post
I lag when I walk through level links on eras gmap and it's not like a small amount of lag it's unbearable client freezing lag and I have the most updated drivers for my graphics card and I have also tried older versions of it to see if it was just the newer version of my drivers. I only have that problem on era though and don't lag at all on other servers. Any idea on what I can do to prevent that, that's the reason I don't play era.
I had this problem too, I had to install Graal to a new folder and use that one instead.
Old 06-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Didn't work :[
Old 06-24-2009, 09:50 AM
Quote:
Didn't work :[
Bleh. I don't know then, you'd expect any Graal server to run on last-gen singlecore setups but whatever.
Old 06-24-2009, 10:03 AM
It's lame when I can run 3 world of warcrafts and have no noticeable lag but 3 opening 3 graal clients will make my computer want to explode.
Old 06-24-2009, 11:44 AM
The secret of NIMH
Robin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Robin
Quote:
It's lame when I can run 3 world of warcrafts and have no noticeable lag but 3 opening 3 graal clients will make my computer want to explode.
That's because torque's system requirements are higher than Wow's (due to poor coding/lack of optimisation on the base engine).

Old 06-24-2009, 08:29 PM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Is it just on the gmap?
Old 06-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Yeah, I have no clue why.
Old 06-25-2009, 01:47 AM
Yeah, I have the same problem :P
I think it's the fact that Era's GMAP is mainly made up of graphics(files), so each level you change, it has to load them >.>

Old 06-25-2009, 02:06 AM
Finger lickin' good.
salesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud ofsalesman has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaDaFack View Post
Yeah, I have the same problem :P
I think it's the fact that Era's GMAP is mainly made up of graphics(files), so each level you change, it has to load them >.>
Yea, but it shouldn't require that much cpu to load a few graphics...unless you have an extremely outdated computer? I get zero lag running around the gmap.