Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-20-2003, 06:25 PM
Thript is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Thript Send a message via AIM to Thript Send a message via Yahoo to Thript
Quality Event Master, Or the Lack Of

Recently I have returned to Graal Kingdoms after about 2 to 3 months of vaction from it (Due to my account running out) and must to my dismay I have returned to find it in ruins. Infaltion has gone up, the ammount of idiots has gone up, and RP's have left. But worst of all the Events have put a whole to meaning to "This Sucks".

Over the past month I have seen nothing but the following types of Events:
  • Spars
  • Poker Games
  • Bingo
  • Go-Fish
  • The Funniest Joke

Now Spars and Poker games can be fun once in a while but when that's all there is we have a problem, and when a Event Master comes on a masses this to the people:
  • "DARKVILLIN (10/19/03 9:56:59 PM):

Mass message:
    who ever telsl me the funniest joke will win something"

We have a huge darn problem, the Event Master are not doing their job and someone needs to fix this.

Evolved Studios:
E-mail | Website
Old 10-20-2003, 07:09 PM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
I agree that there's a problem - lack of prizes can't be the problem, as diamonds, IWDs, brutal maps and improvement potions are worth something, yet do not count as unbalancing items. Also, aren't there trophys, i.e. playing cards, castles and sword-displays? The first event item I won (i.e one of the two) was a silver castle (which me fool sold for 53 plats - it was the second day I played...).
Which leads me to another problem: most events favor strong players, and fighters above spellcasters. There should be more seperated events, with prizes that fit, so a fighter doesn't get an item with wis and pow or a spellcaster one with str and con.
Also, chaos has to be reduced, maybe by adding an event era where people can be warped, which in return would require the EMs to have warp rights.
I'm sure there are many out there who'd want to become EMs - but only a few are suited, and finding them takes time, and that, paired with the abovementioned conditions, makes things quite tricky...

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 10-20-2003, 08:18 PM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Jagen and I help manage the events, but I don't have access to the guild files, only Jagen does. I do think there should be 1-2 more quality ETs hired, but Jagen's been rather busy lately so I haven't had a chance to discuss it with him.
Old 10-20-2003, 10:23 PM
UNPTWOPWINNER is on a distinguished road
My event idea is still being worked on. Must wait....
Old 10-21-2003, 12:38 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
Solution: Fire "baywatch1" and "dneonb"
I've had so many complaints about them being an EM myself it's not even funny and there's snapshots to back it up ;x They're hardly even literate and are totally incompetent when it comes to holding an event and on numerous occasions have cussed while hosting an event telling players to "shut the <insert f word here> up" and such. I don't even think they are capable of RPing so don't even expect an RP event e_e

Old 10-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
1. Is bingo even possible?
2. Yea... there needs to be more/better EMs... more because one EM can only handle so much stress from the players... and better to do more events and better ones...
Old 10-21-2003, 11:14 AM
Elite Sheep
We also need 'professionally' outlined events, i.e events which have at least some similarities to what was announced to be held - unlike announcing seperate ones for fighters and spellcassters, with a 2-hours timeframe, which turns out to be a mixed event where the fighters slaughter the spellcasters, and which lastes more than 4 hours featuring chaos...

Quote:
Old 10-21-2003, 09:44 PM
dark overlord
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000
We also need 'professionally' outlined events, i.e events which have at least some similarities to what was announced to be held - unlike announcing seperate ones for fighters and spellcassters, with a 2-hours timeframe, which turns out to be a mixed event where the fighters slaughter the spellcasters, and which lastes more than 4 hours featuring chaos...
People like my RP events

Michael and Bjorn are kind of new, but that's not much of an excuse - they will be shaping up or shipping out.
Old 10-21-2003, 10:19 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Lance would make a good Event Hoster, Satrek too, maybe even me. But, if i ever were EM, and i get corrupt, fire me o.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 10-22-2003, 12:48 AM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
If you have potential of going corrupt you shouldn't be hired in the first place ;x

Old 10-22-2003, 03:58 AM
dark overlord
Quote:
Originally posted by GoZelda
Lance would make a good Event Hoster, Satrek too, maybe even me. But, if i ever were EM, and i get corrupt, fire me o.o
Replace "fire me" with the understanding that you'd get globally banned.
Old 10-22-2003, 04:17 AM
Thript is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Thript Send a message via AIM to Thript Send a message via Yahoo to Thript
Quote:
Originally posted by --Chris--
If you have potential of going corrupt you shouldn't be hired in the first place ;x
My thoughts exactly.

Evolved Studios:
E-mail | Website
Old 10-22-2003, 10:44 AM
Elite Sheep
Quote:
The problem is that you never know beforehand - I think of myself as trustworthy, and I would not become corrupt, specially as I think roleplaying is more fun than owning the best items. But I cannot prove that to anyone unless I was given the chance, and certainly that is a risk...

As for new EMs, I think it would be worth it to give them a second chance, hosting another event like their first, to see whether they have improved after the experience of their first one. A good EM should not only hold good events, but learn from the bad ones.

Quote:
Old 10-22-2003, 04:18 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Yes i know, but you can never know of yourself as Satrek stated. The problem is that, if an EM goes wrong, nothing happens. That's mainly why i said that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 10-22-2003, 05:28 PM
Elite Sheep
The way I see it, I had more rights on classic as FAQ Cades ad the EMs have here - I'm not saying they should have more, even though some would come in handy for events, warping and locking levels, but that's not the point. What could an EM do if he decided that corruption would pay for him? Keep all the prizes and never hold another event. First, nobody gets hurt and second, the items can be taken away from him quite easily, or so I think. Maybe an EM should get to prove their "worth" by giving out diamonds, IWDs, trophys or brutal maps for a start, before they are given the real stuff like bracers, gloves and so on.
I got some event ideas in mind which would rely on rping, hence not favoring the strongest players, but they would require some decision making institution, i.e. to judge who delivered the best roleplaying-paragraph under 100 words or whatever. If one EM decides that on his/her own, people will complain... Just an idea though, there's certainly much more that can be done - not to mention Tsengs rp-events (as he already mentioned them ).

Quote: