Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-22-2003, 09:18 PM
Registered
--Chris-- will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to --Chris--
They can give out prizes to their friends and screw the economy or just basically make new players think Graal is crap and is ran by incompetent staff. Personally I think these guys would take years to improve, it's not only their events...it's everything; their bad english, the way they handle tight situations, their reaction to players, etc

Old 10-22-2003, 10:54 PM
OOB
dNeonb is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to dNeonb Send a message via AIM to dNeonb Send a message via Yahoo to dNeonb
I never gave out any prizes/items to my friends. Only to people who won an event! :grrr:
And ,my english is much better than your german!
Old 10-22-2003, 10:56 PM
Mister 1,000,000
GoZelda will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to GoZelda Send a message via MSN to GoZelda
Quote:
Originally posted by dNeonb
I never gave out any prizes/items to my friends. Only to people who won an event! :grrr:
My Dutch and English probably are better than yours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance
stefan is satan
I am the best.
[URL removed]Music or aural pollution?
Old 10-22-2003, 10:59 PM
baywatch1 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to baywatch1 Send a message via AIM to baywatch1 Send a message via Yahoo to baywatch1
Björn never used any bad language! It was me! At a card event someone always pushed people of chairs and then shuffled cards and stuff! I got mad and after some time i said some words i better shouldnt have said!
www.graal-mafia.de.vu
Old 10-23-2003, 12:41 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
This isn't a matter of languages - kingdoms main language is english, and I think everyone playing it can at least get their point across (by means of sign-language, at least). Besides, I always hope that my english is good enough for everyone
Chris, you're certainly right, there are ways for the evil EM to harm graal, but not as bad as someone with add/remove-rights or worse can. Giving out prices to friends is an issue, but this could be kept at bay. The main problem I see is: what happens if a friends wins a competition that is won without spectators (trivia, treasurehunt etc)? I think an event mode would be good, meaning the EM can only give away items with a certain flag when he is in this mode, and while he is, every such item he hands out is displayed to everyone on the server, so at least everyone will know whether the right person got the right prize - and what prize it was. I have no idea whether it is possible to implement that...
Till then, all we can do is rely on the present EMs to be trustworthy and the events to improve in some ways - and maybe give more EMs a try - with 'low' prizes at first.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore
Old 10-23-2003, 02:59 AM
dark overlord
Lance is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by dNeonb
Unfortunately for you, it's knowledge of the English language, not the German language, which is directly relevant to Graal Kingdoms.

Poor language as Michael used during events is intolerable.

While you guys are attempting to do a lot, and coming up with ideas (albeit several ideas which have already been suggested in the past), that does not mean you're doing a good job as EMs. There's a lot more to it than quanity and quantity of ideas - it's quality of work and quality of ideas which are relevant.
Old 10-23-2003, 05:56 AM
DarkVillian is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to DarkVillian
Um...Okay about that little tell me the funniest joke...Lets see it was like 2 AM and it wasnt an event...I just said they would win something. They won a master gear...nothing big. We currently have events in the planning. I also have layed out events in .txt files that set guide lines for events. A few RP events will be comming up soon too.
Old 11-06-2003, 12:48 AM
Down with GK Corruption
TripleE is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Satrek2000

I'm sure there are many out there who'd want to become EMs - but only a few are suited, and finding them takes time, and that, paired with the abovementioned conditions, makes things quite tricky...
There should not be ANY one on kingdoms with warp rights. I dont even think warpto is needed. Maybe just an area blocked off that you need a EM to give you a coin, or ticket and then you trade the coin or ticket for the NPC to warp you to the area. Ive seen admins warp to different stores, warp to their houses, and warpto other places like maps, dungeons... and I ask what the hell are they doing, and they say "****, or checking something".
Old 11-06-2003, 03:39 AM
Elite Sheep
Satrek2000 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to Satrek2000
Quote:
Originally posted by TripleE
Ive seen admins warp to different stores, warp to their houses, and warpto other places like maps, dungeons... and I ask what the hell are they doing, and they say "****, or checking something".
I had warpto on classic, and it was both necessary to do the job and fun. I agree with you though that kingdoms is as different from classic as possible, and, while I think some people who are mentally stable enough for it can have it, it would ne both annoying and abused in general if the number was too large. For EMs, I'd rather say they need the rights to warp others to a certain location, say a locked spar room, but this, too, is tricky. It could be set up in a way that they can only use it on tag for a start. Then, the person to be warped should see a request and have to agree with it. Or the EMs could hand out tickets which will result in the person who doubleclicks it being warped to a destination level. Sad but true, all this wouldn't be necessary if the players would behave during an event, but seeing icestorms, ligntning and such used just to plainly annoy makes such attempts necessary... Well, it always depends on the event.

Quote:
Originally said by Stefan
*Stefan: is it ok when i leave?
*Stefan: i guess unixmad will not hack the cisco config tonight anymore