Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 06-23-2006, 04:00 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aknts
I understand where you're going with this. I would be embarrassed if my parents played a MMORPG. The only people in school who would actually accept it-is someone who isn't social with other kids.
That's a load of crap.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-23-2006, 04:07 AM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159
That's a load of crap.

It is? Oh ok I didn't know. Don't ground me.

But honestly like I said before I just have a problem with old people playing games with kids. I know that the majority has no problem with it but I personally do. So pretty much everything I said is just biased anyways.
Old 06-23-2006, 04:13 AM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
Quote:
After playing and working for Graal for a long period of time, a lot of people have been really negative about me playing Graal because of my age, and the fact that I am a parent in real life. This has been going on since the beginning of my playing Graal, so it is not because of my being an admin on the forums, or being a Manager of a PW.

I am really curious as to why players feel this way, and if there are any other older adults that play that receive the same treatment.
We aren't your children, nor do we want to be treated like it. You are a horrible moderator because instead of being even semi-respectable, you are cold, frigid and condescending. You never contribute, you only muffle and muzzle and gag people and that's how it has always been since the horrible decision was made to appoint you. It is stuff like this...
Quote:
(Note: I mentioned no names, No discussing them please)
...that makes you loathed. It is stuff like this that contributed to me leaving, and it is stuff like this which keep you from ever being a good moderator. Instead of moderating for the community, you moderate for unixmad and only for unixmad. I don't care what excuses you give as refutation because I've heard them and they don't make up for it. I don't care about the community anymore because it is nothing but a shell now, but if you really must ask questions you might as well get a decent answer from someone who doesn't give a damn if he is banned for being too honest.

Quote:
Please give me honest answers without being hateful. I would really like to know the reasons behind why players have a problem with older adults (or just me) playing.
I had no problem with Chuck. I had no problem with other adults who play. I am an adult myself. It is because you have a position of power, and run this like a God damned preschool instead of a forum which young adults frequent. There is a wall between you and people who are younger than you, and this was not realized when you were appointed moderator, and clearly not when you were appointed forum administrator.

The whole NGRT farce, the whole "The Lounge" farce, everything is becase you had to whine and complain to unixmad. Do not think that I am stupid enough to believe that you didn't wholly contribute to those events which basically left any debating on the forum pointless. You used to participate in those debates, including some of the homosexual-directed ones, and when people started making points that you didn't like (and it was a matter of preference on your part, since they were accompanied by relevant studies), you started PMing them threateningly and calling them homophobic (I can only assume, since you did to me on at least one occasion).

And unfortunately, you don't give a **** about the community. Anyone who really cared about the community instead of being the king (or queen, as the case may be) **** of turd island would have quit over that ridiculous "no non-graal links" rule. Also, you would not have completely warped the community to the little dollhouse that it has become if you actually cared about the people in it. As much as you would like to think about this not having to do with your horrible actions, it is. Don't fool yourself more than you already do when you think that you're doing the right thing.
Quote:
No reply because none of it answered the original question, but thanks for the input anyway.
I'm sorry I didn't phrase it in the form "The reason people are unfair to you is...". And it does answer your question just fine.

Last edited by protagonist; 06-23-2006 at 04:27 AM..
Old 06-23-2006, 04:19 AM
Banned
p2p_Sir_Link is an unknown quantity at this point
No New Year's Day to celebrate,
No chocolate covered candy hearts to give away,
No first of spring, no song to sing,
In fact, here's just another ordinary day.

CHORUS
I just called to say I love you;
I just called to say how much I care;
I just called to say I love you,
And I mean it from the bottom of my heart.

No April rain, no flowers' bloom,
No wedding Saturday within the month of June.
But what it is is something true
Made up of these three words that I must say to you.

CHORUS

No summer's high, no warm July,
No harvest moon to light one tender August night,
No autumn breeze, no falling leaves,
Not even time for birds to fly to southern skies.

CHORUS

No Libra sun, no Hallowe'en,
No giving thanks for all the Christmas joy you bring,
But what it is, tho' old, so new,
To fill your heart like no three words could ever do.

CHORUS

PS: I love you Moon Goddess
Old 06-23-2006, 04:25 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
snip
No reply because none of it answered the original question, but thanks for the input anyway.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-23-2006, 04:39 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Wow, protagonist, nice way of saying what we were all thinking. But since it was off topic, not many people will read it before it's deleted, or the thread's closed =|
Old 06-23-2006, 05:01 AM
Administrator
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Wow, protagonist, nice way of saying what we were all thinking. But since it was off topic, not many people will read it before it's deleted, or the thread's closed =|
Looks like it is still there to me...
Please stop trying to start trouble, and please dont try to say all of the members of the forums feel this way.
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.

READ>THINK>POST
Old 06-23-2006, 05:05 AM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Damn I agree with VT 80%.

80% because 20% of my nice hart is still there. :]
Old 06-23-2006, 05:06 AM
Inferno (Level Designer)
Infernix is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Infernix
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
Moonie has no friends in real life. She's too old.

If you know everything, then why did you ask us about it in the first place?

Wow, are you an idiot? Point +1 for Moonie. If you're using your cheating the game as an excuse to hate older people because they punish you for it, then screw you. You deserve to be punished if you are cheating to win. People play this game to have fun, not to get annoyed by some kid who knows how to hit a few buttons in a dialog window to make his character go 10 times faster.

Also, Moonie, I have been wondering: How many times have you used your age as a backup in an argument, ie: "I'm older than you, I know more about this" etc.
-1 point for you, I didnt say I used cheating as a excuse to hate old poeple did I? Infact I explained why people lash out at her. I have no problem with her, considering she does nothing to me at all. I havnt cheated in this game since 2002, so I think its alittle late for a punishment buddy. Its 2006 and infact I dont care enough about graal to even cheat let alone that I easily become good at any actual gameplay graal after 6-7 years. +1 point for me, an **** off.

Edit: This a little edit for the below post, Ive never been banned on graal on any server for cheating in any way. Only time Ive been banned is on babylon when me and the development team cant agree with each other. So if thats pretty much what I said, maybe you should get your eyes checked.

Last edited by Darlene159; 06-23-2006 at 01:43 PM.. Reason: Do not evade the swear filter
Old 06-23-2006, 05:18 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Last edited by Darlene159 : Today at 11:12 PM. Reason: Do not evade the swear filter
Age has nothing to do with it.....
Age is an excuse.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:37 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You are not sure unless you can feel what she feels.
Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't realise teasing and bullying took place inside a kid's head. Damn those bullies are getting pretty technologically advanced. Idiot. I said I wasn't refering to the neglect part that you were talking about. I was referring to your little anti-social comment.

Quote:
So your sister had a child out of wedlock; I'm sure the little girl loves everyone knowing that mommy and daddy are just boyfriend and girlfriend.
Real mature bud. But guess what, this isn't a religion thread, and not everyone is your religion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerami
And how old is your sister?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infernix
-1 point for you, I didnt say I used cheating as a excuse to hate old poeple did I? Infact I explained why people lash out at her. I have no problem with her, considering she does nothing to me at all. I havnt cheated in this game since 2002, so I think its alittle late for a punishment buddy. Its 2006 and infact I dont care enough about graal to even cheat let alone that I easily become good at any actual gameplay graal after 6-7 years. +1 point for me, an **** off.
"I hate adults because they banned me for cheating on a game", That is pretty much what you said bud, it's too late to take your words back.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-23-2006, 05:40 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
VT, that was stupid.

Thanks for wasting a minute of life. I won't even post within the thread the reason I think that post was stupid. That would waste more minutes of life.
Old 06-23-2006, 05:54 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
I won't even post within the thread the reason I think that post was stupid. That would waste more minutes of life.
Hah.

Say, Malinko, what characteristics is it that you and Moon Goddess possess that you think make Stefan and Unixmad regard you favourably?
Old 06-23-2006, 06:06 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi
Hah.

Say, Malinko, what characteristics is it that you and Moon Goddess possess that you think make Stefan and Unixmad regard you favourably?
Hell if I know.

To be honest, I don't care. I just know, one night, Stefan asked me to be PWA. Simple as that.

Other than that, what business is it for Googi? I mean, Moonie is the forum administrator, deal with it. Just follow the rules unixmad and her wrote. You can challenge them, but if rejected, then oh well! Just follow them rather than being so difficult.
Old 06-23-2006, 06:13 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Other than that, what business is it for Googi? I mean, Moonie is the forum administrator, deal with it. Just follow the rules unixmad and her wrote. You can challenge them, but if rejected, then oh well! Just follow them rather than being so difficult.
If I was really apathetic enough about it to do that, I would have just left and joined Something Awful or something by now.