Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 05-29-2006, 08:52 PM
Banned
protagonist is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to protagonist Send a message via MSN to protagonist
So what if I don't have a Mac? How do I decide my POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHSAODI HWOQIEHOIHSAODIHOQWUEHQOUW
Old 05-29-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
So what if I don't have a Mac? How do I decide my POOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSHHSAODI HWOQIEHOIHSAODIHOQWUEHQOUW
Hack the Mac OSx to work on your Pc, duh.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:12 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Skyld
Quote:
Originally Posted by protagonist
If you don't have a Mac, then you are eternally doomed. And I'm talking either type of Mac.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:12 PM
The David
Projectshifter is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Hack the Mac OSx to work on your Pc, duh.
Gross! Why would you want the Mac OSX even on a Mac That's why God made Linux distros that run on Macs, lol.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Script-fu
Skyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud ofSkyld has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Projectshifter
Gross! Why would you want the Mac OSX even on a Mac
Because then you get UNIX goodness with a more immediately useful OS. Linux is great and all, but it requires work.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:17 PM
The David
Send a message via ICQ to Projectshifter Send a message via AIM to Projectshifter Send a message via MSN to Projectshifter Send a message via Yahoo to Projectshifter
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
Because then you get UNIX goodness with a more immediately useful OS. Linux is great and all, but it requires work.
Yeah, it does require some work, and it's not for everyone, but the benefits are great =) OSx runs off of a BSD kernel if I remember, similar, and still powerful, but I've never been fond of Mac's "simplicity". They try and dumb it down so much that it's very easy to use, but I have trouble using it because it's almost over-simplified
Old 05-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Yeah, it does require some work, and it's not for everyone, but the benefits are great =) OSx runs off of a BSD kernel if I remember, similar, and still powerful, but I've never been fond of Mac's "simplicity".
Well, it's just that, that makes it excellent. The fact that you can open a terminal (or thirty) to get what you want done is all very well, but when you just want to sit and look at pretty interface applications, the option is there waiting for you.
Quote:
They try and dumb it down so much that it's very easy to use, but I have trouble using it because it's almost over-simplified
I wouldn't say it's over-simplified, although it is very easy to use. As much as anything, they've made a fast and effortless interface.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:23 PM
The David
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyld
I wouldn't say it's over-simplified, although it is very easy to use. As much as anything, they've made a fast and effortless interface.
It probably is pretty easy to use for most people, but a lot of people I know that do a lot with computers and programming that are used to things being decently complex, it's almost impossible to get anything done. Don't dis on the console either, I always have an xterm up just in case I need to do something
Old 05-29-2006, 09:24 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Don't dis on the console either, I always have an xterm up just in case I need to do something
Oh, I am just the same. It's always open somewhere in the background.
Old 05-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
My reply was more of a joke on the 'get an intel mac' comments
From what I've seen the Mac OSx looks pretty nice. But there's no legal hacks of it for PCs yet
Old 05-29-2006, 09:52 PM
Script-fu
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
My reply was more of a joke on the 'get an intel mac' comments
From what I've seen the Mac OSx looks pretty nice. But there's no legal hacks of it for PCs yet
It'll only run on a PC which supports SSE3 (or at worst, SSE2), which narrows down a lot of computers.

Secondly, it's hardware support is quite specific.
Old 05-29-2006, 10:06 PM
N-Pulse Assistant Manager
coreys has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to coreys Send a message via MSN to coreys Send a message via Yahoo to coreys
I've witnessed proublems with OSx though. As weird as it sounds, on a university computer at The University of Texas (long story, don't ask why I was there) they had a room full of macs, but alot of them weren't working. They had just updated from OS9 to OSx and apparently OS9 was rejecting OSx...or something around those lines. That, and I've used several different macs, and I don't really find it any simpler to use than Windows. Windows isn't all proublematic like everyone says. At least not for me it isn't.

Quote:
*SlikRick: so should I even ask about your aim status?
*Xor: well if you want to
*Xor: but i am LARPING
*SlikRick: While on a computer?
*Xor: yes
*Xor: in my living room
*SlikRick: ahh
*Xor: i have a fort setup to hide from beasts
Old 05-29-2006, 10:57 PM
Stiff Upper Lip
Zero Hour is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Zero Hour
Quote:
I didn't really expect anyone to know definitively, but was curious if anyone had some ideas. Asking Stefan would have been too easy and he probably would not be open for explaining it either. A few people suggested it was with Mac addresses or so (not the case, both of my OSes use the same internet hardware), and a few other things that aren't practical. Oh well.
I believe I recall the conversation with Stefan, but I don't think it's a topic which should be open to the public of the Graal community
Old 05-30-2006, 12:34 AM
Administrator
Darlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud ofDarlene159 has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero Hour
If you actually expected an answer, Project Shifter, you would probably be better off asking Stefan yourself.

I don't think it's a good idea to have a thread on the topic
I agree
INFO ABOUT INFRACTIONS.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE NON-GRAAL RELATED FORUM (<<READ THOROUGHLY!)

SUPPORT: http://support.toonslab.com

NOTE: YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR OWN POSTS.
READ>THINK>POST
Closed Thread