Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Exclamation Guest RCs + ''rw globaldocs''

First of all I will start with ''rw globaldocs''. I figured we need a global folder where all documents and important messages can go. So Myself and Angel went on some PWs to see if they would create this folder, as its not global. Everyone said okay. So if your a playerworld manager who would like the create this folder, Open, UC or Paid, let us know if you add the folder then I can update my list and upload documents.

Second thing is about guest RCs. This is in the folder for the about 10 who have created it so far. The PWA need access to upload things, and a few off the GST may wish for it. If you don’t have the folder, or would like to read it, here is the message:

Recently a playerworld has been under an attack from a none-staff RC. Many playerworlds have these RCs and call them ‘VIP’ / ‘Guest’ RCs. The attack happened on a playerworld who had just let someone the knew on, who was in no way developing the playerworld. He had high rights, and took all the rights from all the staff, including the manager.

Because of this attack, and my personal disapproval of Guest RCs, I went on every playerworld and decided to see how many RCs were none-staff and guests. The numbers was higher than I hoped, and the security for them, even worse.

Heres what I would like to happen, you do not have to follow these suggestions, however I suggest you do so:

*Guest RCs should never have higher than level two RC by them selves. If they need more rights, they can ask the manager, and they should be removed afterwards.

*All Guest RCs should be IPed. Regardless of what level rights they have (0,1,2,3,4) its still an RC, and should be looked upon as a security risk regardless of what rights and access it has. IP ranges should be tight, by which I mean, #.#.#.* if possible.

*If you must have guest RCs at all, please make sure that person is trusted, and not a possible security risk, or someone who could cause problems.

*If that person is only helping for one time, or hasn’t helped in along time, remove the rights and RC from the serveroptions. That person could do something in the future which may damage the playerworld.

Currently there are a lot of guest RCs. There are many more, as some playerworlds do not currently use the ‘’(Position),staff,staff’’ format in their ‘staff=’ serveroption. So far I have found out that there are: Only on about 10 PWs which have a (guest) section.

Over 30 Guest RCs
Two of which are Level Four
Eight are level Three
Seven are level Two
And the rest are below level Two

Due to the high amount of guest RCs. I did request that they are lowered to level 2 and below, but when I started this investigation, there were too many high levelled guest RCs.

Please think before you add a guest RC. They don’t need to keep rights; they can be given them, and then removed afterwards.

I hope you are able to keep your playerworld secure, with no problems.

Thankyou
--Spark911 (PWA)
Old 07-27-2003, 06:17 PM
Angel is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Angel
Global Docs

I have attached a copy of globaldocs as they stand at the moment. Enjoy
Attached Files
File Type: zip globaldocs.zip (8.2 KB, 164 views)
Old 07-27-2003, 07:34 PM
Deek2 is on a distinguished road
Wow, level 4 Guest RC. I wish I was that lucky .
Old 07-27-2003, 07:54 PM
bo0ey is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to bo0ey Send a message via Yahoo to bo0ey
Re: Guest RCs + ''rw globaldocs''

Quote:
Originally posted by Spark910

Recently a playerworld has been under an attack from a none-staff RC. Many playerworlds have these RCs and call them ‘VIP’ / ‘Guest’ RCs. The attack happened on a playerworld who had just let someone the knew on, who was in no way developing the playerworld. He had high rights, and took all the rights from all the staff, including the manager.
Sounds like doomsday
I ask UnholyPaladin what he works on there
and he's like nothing, im a guest! And he has amazingly
high rights for the job he [doesn't] do.. Tifa told me
"You have the rights for the job you need to do and
nothing more." and I never recall having half of what i needed

http://oink.has.it/ - My Website
Old 07-27-2003, 08:09 PM
Banned
W4nk5t4 is on a distinguished road
I think I'll add Thym's AIM to that just to piss him off.
Old 07-27-2003, 08:20 PM
TribulationStaff is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to TribulationStaff
I went ahead and changed Trib's staff= format for ya. I also added the globaldocs. I have no problem with GST/PWA having access to this folder.

Help me keep scripting
Old 07-27-2003, 10:03 PM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
I think the only people who deserve guest RC is global staff (I suppose that wouldn't be considers guest RC then, really...) and former Admins or higher staff of the server in the past. They shouldn't have any rights, if they're just guests, but then again, what's the point of them on RC, just to chat?
Old 07-27-2003, 10:19 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by Thallen
I think the only people who deserve guest RC is global staff (I suppose that wouldn't be considers guest RC then, really...) and former Admins or higher staff of the server in the past. They shouldn't have any rights, if they're just guests, but then again, what's the point of them on RC, just to chat?
Thats almost as bas a guest RCs. As a global level 1 doesnt need local level fours im sure. Maybe a few extra rights, but they have what they need so they shouldnt need much more (GST need some extra than level 1 though)
Old 07-27-2003, 11:05 PM
Level Designer
Aknts will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to Aknts
Quote:
Originally posted by Deek2
Wow, level 4 Guest RC. I wish I was that lucky .

Most likely on Archiac they give RC out air.
Old 07-28-2003, 12:36 AM
Malorian
JudgeDurst is on a distinguished road
Well, i've added globaldocs to Maloria, but I will stick with the old staff= format for now, as personally I think that it just crowds the list, and i'm just waiting for someone to get the account (manager) somehow...
Old 07-28-2003, 12:51 AM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by JudgeDurst
Well, i've added globaldocs to Maloria, but I will stick with the old staff= format for now, as personally I think that it just crowds the list, and i'm just waiting for someone to get the account (manager) somehow...
lol I actually tried that the other day, just incase you could =D
I wanted to run across all the PWs and tell them they have security holes and to remove it, but you cant have brackets =(

And im coming to upload files to Maloria =D
Old 07-28-2003, 11:57 AM
Sparked.
MarkB is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally posted by Aknts

Most likely on Archiac they give RC out air.

spanky you make me laugh...rofl, you send me a forum pm spilling you guts asking for me to forgive you, yet you keep at it, lmao.

and i was just going to ask you if you wanted me to open a 2d server for you to run... *sigh*, what idiots

Graal Kingdoms Event Master
I am tired to wake up the morning to see the forum going each day worst and worst because of a few people trying to ruin this forums. If you don't play any more Graal neither like the managment then what are you doing there ? I will not let anyone ruin the friendship of the community, we are there to have fun and not to have stress ! If you have bad energy to spend against something, then take a punching ball. This is the Third time i warn to not continue this way, so the next step will be to put out of the community trouble makers. -Unixmad

My point of view is your tooth are not big enough to hit me because if it were you will have eaten me since a while. Personaly i will never eat you because it will really taste bad. -Unixmad
Old 07-28-2003, 12:06 PM
Over Nine THOUSAND!!!!!!!
davidpsy is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to davidpsy
My staff get almost level 4 rights some of them any way but I make sure no one can edit rights but me that way no one else gets rights on rc unless I say so.

Forces greater than your self, can be over come.
Old 07-28-2003, 06:15 PM
Old Bee
konidias will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to konidias
Haha, well at least I know you don't have to worry about my playerworld. There is only one RC with any sort of power on there and that would be mine.

Put this image in your sig if you support Bomy Island! (g2k1 revision)
play bomberman while you wait!

Old 07-28-2003, 08:50 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Quote:
Originally posted by davidpsy
My staff get almost level 4 rights some of them any way but I make sure no one can edit rights but me that way no one else gets rights on rc unless I say so.
They can still use the rights.