Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English)
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 10-27-2006, 06:30 PM
Grraaaaaw
Tom is on a distinguished road
Seriously can we make adverts?

Theres been loads of threads but they all just die off, but i think making some adverts for graal, showing what it can do would be pretty good.

Create your own world, and so on.

Everyones had ideas, but why dont we actually go ahead and start making banner and flash animations for it?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:34 PM
superannuated super mod
Sam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of lightSam is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
Theres been loads of threads but they all just die off, but i think making some adverts for graal, showing what it can do would be pretty good.

Create your own world, and so on.

Everyones had ideas, but why dont we actually go ahead and start making banner and flash animations for it?
To show it on your own website or what do you mean?
Old 10-27-2006, 06:38 PM
Enigma
Andy0687 is on a distinguished road
They die off because working for a server on graal and making graal some money for your servers popularity

and working on real life advertisements which hope to bring even more users to graal and get them even more money then that.

Are two different types of free labor to consider, no one is going to fully opt to do the latter with absolutely no pay/perks from doing so.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Grraaaaaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam View Post
To show it on your own website or what do you mean?
No, to show everywhere. Expand graal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy0687 View Post
They die off because working for a server on graal and making graal some money for your servers popularity

and working on real life advertisements which hope to bring even more users to graal and get them even more money then that.

Are two different types of free labor to consider, no one is going to fully opt to do the latter with absolutely no pay/perks from doing so.
True, but i know i wouldnt mind designing with help some banners and such to get graal player counts up. Would be so much better with lots of new peope coming in.
Old 10-27-2006, 06:44 PM
Enigma
Quote:
True, but i know i wouldnt mind designing with help some banners and such to get graal player counts up. Would be so much better with lots of new peope coming in.
New people are coming on every day, im often greeting new users who log into Npulse or Classic for the first time (or so it seems).

The problem is they are trial, and advertisements wont change this, the way they first become recieved when they enter a server will. Most just dont see enough to upgrade their account, or they cant afford it on their own (too young, no job etc).

For those who will upgrade, the field will be thinned over time due to countless problems.

Advertisements wont neccessarily help what you want to help :P
Old 10-27-2006, 07:09 PM
Grraaaaaw
Quote:
New people are coming on every day, im often greeting new users who log into Npulse or Classic for the first time (or so it seems).

The problem is they are trial, and advertisements wont change this, the way they first become recieved when they enter a server will. Most just dont see enough to upgrade their account, or they cant afford it on their own (too young, no job etc).

For those who will upgrade, the field will be thinned over time due to countless problems.

Advertisements wont neccessarily help what you want to help :P
Good point. There is actually things coming in so Trials can try out the game alot more.

But i also think that the prices should be reduced a little more people can play, it costs more than games such as World of Wacraft x-x Although its one payment.

Unixmad was talking about how it was only a one time payment and they didnt make much, which is true.

But if the prices were dropped more people would join, therefor gaining more cash?

I also think Trials should be p2p for atleast a week or so to fully get a feel for the game, or 2 weeks. Alot of games have 14 day trials, and by that time they might probably got hooked lol
Old 10-27-2006, 07:12 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I can make a free advertising thing on my website when its online...

Old 10-27-2006, 07:19 PM
oh snaps
napo_p2p has a spectacular aura aboutnapo_p2p has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to napo_p2p Send a message via MSN to napo_p2p
I'll be willing on putting a banner on my site, JustPressPlay. We're experimenting with ads (want to see what kind of ads get the most clicks). We had around 4,000,000 hits last month, which isn't too bad.
Tempus neminem non manet.
Noli manere tempus.
Carpe Diem

Seize the Day.
Old 10-27-2006, 07:22 PM
Grraaaaaw
See, alot of people are willing. And naturally it spreads Graal Advertising Campaign
Old 10-27-2006, 07:29 PM
iZone Administrator
Matt is a jewel in the roughMatt is a jewel in the rough
Im willing also, and hey maybe Hitmanjack will be willing to do his part on IGN?
Old 10-27-2006, 07:43 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Theres been loads of threads but they all just die off
That's because SOMEONE decided these kinds of threads don't belong in the Main Forum.

Yeah, definitely, show us what you got. For my part, I figure we need 1) the website updated before we drive traffic to it, and 2) definitive word from The Top whether we should advertise Graal as A Single Ginormous Community of Many Disparate Genres and Servers (which is tricky) or as Several Independant Worlds which just happen to use the same engine and let each world advertise for themselves. Or both, Unixmad comissioning adverts for "Graal - Make your own damn server" and Maloria commisioning their own "Our game is awesome" campaign.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233
Old 10-27-2006, 07:57 PM
Grraaaaaw
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyhm View Post
That's because SOMEONE decided these kinds of threads don't belong in the Main Forum.

Yeah, definitely, show us what you got. For my part, I figure we need 1) the website updated before we drive traffic to it, and 2) definitive word from The Top whether we should advertise Graal as A Single Ginormous Community of Many Disparate Genres and Servers (which is tricky) or as Several Independant Worlds which just happen to use the same engine and let each world advertise for themselves. Or both, Unixmad comissioning adverts for "Graal - Make your own damn server" and Maloria commisioning their own "Our game is awesome" campaign.
Hmm yes.

I think graal should be advertised as a whole, showing players when they join the game there is a variety of different worlds to join. And if they dont like any of them, they can make their own world just the way they like it

Sorry for the double post.

Some basic template sizes of what banners you get now, maybe everyone could try and make their own banners of a chosen size? Doesnt matter if you go outside the size of the templates.
They are just the general shapes.

Think that would be a good idea?

Last edited by Sam; 10-27-2006 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: merged
Old 10-27-2006, 08:14 PM
Enigma
Quote:
See, alot of people are willing. And naturally it spreads Graal Advertising Campaign
Though there is leagues of things to consider here.

The most everyone is doing so far is wanting to put a banner on their site, thats great. How much traffic will be driven from these sites? Who knowes. Though as far as some users go I could see why they would offer up free spaces on their website or other methods of advertisement (remember the perks i mentioned that they could get?). Im not saying this is the intent of all users, but definatly a majority.

People normally only click things they are interested in, if the ad is not forced on them.

For the most part i thought you were talking about designing an entire advertising campaign for graal. Which is different from just "mentioning it in passing" via a small banner or something.

Also, for larger sites, why would they give up paid ad spots for a free advertisement for a game they play? That drives their money on a free ad, to a game to make them money, they gave up money to someone else, it dosent make good buisness sense.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:16 PM
Grraaaaaw
Quote:
Though there is leagues of things to consider here.

The most everyone is doing so far is wanting to put a banner on their site, thats great. How much traffic will be driven from these sites? Who knowes. Though as far as some users go I could see why they would offer up free spaces on their website or other methods of advertisement (remember the perks i mentioned that they could get?). Im not saying this is the intent of all users, but definatly a majority.

People normally only click things they are interested in, if the ad is not forced on them.

For the most part i thought you were talking about designing an entire advertising campaign for graal. Which is different from just "mentioning it in passing" via a small banner or something.

Also, for larger sites, why would they give up paid ad spots for a free advertisement for a game they play? That dosent make good buisness sense.
There are good places to adverts games such a graal. gamdev.net is one especially good.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:21 PM
Psionic Youth
Tyhm will become famous soon enough
Okay, before this discussion follows the other one:
We need more than banners, sure, but We Still Need Banners.
By all means, make banners!

Also, I think it was Gerami pointed out you can use FRAPS to make movies from the Graal client - post a few of those on YouTube, and it'll be in the Internet Consciousness. Not Shameless Promos even, just funny stuff that happens on Graal. If we can get the website updated we could even have a contest, most popular movie wins. Get Graal featured in a handfull of YTMNDs...I mean, back in the day I'd use it as a graphic engine on its own, so you may as well...
Real Media's pretty much out of the question. If Graal could afford print/radio/TV/shelf spots, we wouldn't be worried about an end to Lifetime Classic.
Moonie suggested bumper stickers though, T-Shirts with your own Graalian on it instead of an artistic rendering of nonexistant characters you can't even assemble on any known server, coffee mugs, etc; that'd require low-volume subcontracting rather than going through CafePress, just find a Graalian graphics-design major with a decent printer and have 'em print up some on iron-on transfer paper, fed-ex 'em out at Practically Cost...it's free publicity and it makes the players happy.

"Power does not corrupt. Fear corrupts, perhaps the fear of a loss of power."- John Steinbeck
"I'm only acting retarded, what's your excuse?" queried the Gord.
- My pet, the Levelup Gnome

http://forums.graalonline.com/forums...&postcount=233