Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-24-2006, 11:53 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Why are inactive playerworlds on classic list?

As the title says, why are servers like Graal Bomy Lands and Shaded Legend on the server list? They have almost no playerbase and simply sit there collecting dust.

They may be in development but if there is no playerbase, I believe the server should just turn into a private dev server. It would make the classic list seem less crowded and just tidy things up.

Current list of inactive servers according to me:

Delteria-

It's under heavy development on a seperate dev server. This server has no one left, even when they host spar tournies it only has about 20-25 players on, that's pathetic.

Shaded Legend-

This server has been in development for years and has always been on the bottom of the server list. It may be in development today but I'm sure that that's on a seperate dev server.

Graal Bomy Lands-

We all know what happened there.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:51 AM
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
Ok some progress was made. Graal Bomy Lands was removed from the classic list but what is to be done with Shaded Legend and Delteria? They've been dead for most of the year.

Delteria already has a dev server, why not just "hide" the current Delteria server until they finish?

SL is just dead and always has been, why bother keeping it on the list?
Old 06-26-2006, 01:38 AM
Okiesmokie
ApothiX is on a distinguished road
SL was only good for about 10 minutes after it was put on classic, and then no one bothered to go back to it after that. I haven't even seen staff members on the Classic server in quite awhile.

[06:24:19] * Parts: Skyld (i=silent@unaffiliated/skyld) ("Perhaps Okiesmokie did not realise that I like the boys. ")
Old 06-26-2006, 01:38 AM
Banned
excaliber7388 can only hope to improve
Send a message via AIM to excaliber7388
Delteria I could understand, but SL has had 100 people on I think. They occasionally have more players. Not so much recently, and most are staff.....hmm Maybe down to hosted, but private seems harsh.
Old 06-26-2006, 04:58 AM
Chris is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by excaliber7388
Delteria I could understand, but SL has had 100 people on I think. They occasionally have more players. Not so much recently, and most are staff.....hmm Maybe down to hosted, but private seems harsh.
Pre-p2p SL was holding 50-60 players easily. After that the playercount died.
Old 06-26-2006, 05:44 AM
*TUCH U SO HARD*
LOA--Paul will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApothiX
SL was only good for about 10 minutes after it was put on classic, and then no one bothered to go back to it after that. I haven't even seen staff members on the Classic server in quite awhile.
Are you kidding me? LAT and FAQ's are on all the time!

GP is just wrapping up their hiring process so that'll be back in full duty before the month's end.

edit:
Old 06-26-2006, 05:52 AM
SL rarely gets a burst of players. Everytime it's re-released it gets around 100 and dies out the same day. One or two times it'll randomly have 50 players on. But it has no playerbase. Look at it RIGHT NOW. 0 players.

That's pathetic. Even dev server babylon gets more than that.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:11 AM
Unholy Nation
Malinko is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Malinko
Bab with 120 tonight.

Hell, Zodiac has a lot of people online all the time.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:51 AM
Banned
Thallen is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to Thallen Send a message via AIM to Thallen Send a message via MSN to Thallen Send a message via Yahoo to Thallen
Delteria gets some people sometimes, more than Atlantis, but it won't be deleted since it's the only German server. SL should be gone by now, its had its days...
Old 06-26-2006, 07:55 AM
Super Villain
ViCtOrEhEhEh is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to ViCtOrEhEhEh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malinko
Bab with 120 tonight.

Hell, Zodiac has a lot of people online all the time.
Bab had 120 tonight because you guys gave people free npcs and promising they can keep them forever. Other than that, it doesnt matter at all. Plus everyone was just using the NPCs you gave em. Why didnt they stay on Bab? Because they got bored.

*Contacts*
E-Mail: [email protected]
AIM: Albo Playah
Old 06-26-2006, 08:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thallen
SL should be gone by now, its had its days...
Yep.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:33 PM
Ex-Graal Global
Spark910 has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris
Yep.
I'm afraid I may agree here too. It does seem it has tried its best, but the players just aren't interested .
Old 06-26-2006, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spark910
I'm afraid I may agree here too. It does seem it has tried its best, but the players just aren't interested .
I should have put it out of it's misery when I was manager, instead of letting the others try.
Old 06-26-2006, 07:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ViCtOrEhEhEh
Bab had 120 tonight because you guys gave people free npcs and promising they can keep them forever. Other than that, it doesnt matter at all. Plus everyone was just using the NPCs you gave em. Why didnt they stay on Bab? Because they got bored.
People get to keep those npcs until we go public. They've been there for like half a year.
Old 06-26-2006, 08:30 PM
AlexanderK is on a distinguished road
Send a message via MSN to AlexanderK
Oh, and don't forget Atlantis!