Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-24-2011, 07:09 AM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fulg0reSama View Post
They sold Holiday toys If I memory serves me well back in 2006-2008 (cant remember which year)
You shouldn't state things that you obviously have no clue in. UN never had a gelat store where they sold items. Also, if the only criteria that a server needs is to have trial restrictions then UN would already pass that since they are banned from spars and some events and that's basically the only thing to do on the server.

ontopic: I don't get what a player is supposed to do after the satan quest. Is there any other continuation quests or is it just grinding from there?
Old 01-24-2011, 10:59 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unkownsoldier View Post
The endless pking of new players in dungeons is beyond disgusting. How are you suppose to attract new players when they can't even do anything without being pked 10x over?
Quote:
Originally Posted by smirt362 View Post
Yeah I was going to talk to y'all about expanding the leveling areas, because when you do start up it's going to be a madhouse in those starting area.
I've been working on a way to keep leveling areas instanced for now, it seems like the best solution even though it's a solution I don't prefer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis_wing View Post
I've been trying to suggest that, but to no avail. A server looks really unattractive if it's main point is leveling to be able to compete, but people aren't able to level because people are ****s. Believe me, I've tried reasoning with Drakilor, but his (and apparently Ziro's) reasoning is that they shouldn't cater to new players.
Maloria is all about nation related PvP, really. If people can't deal with the PvP aspect of the server they shouldn't be playing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
its a useless skill lol might as well make it useful
It's supposed to act as a "filler" spell since it puts a -armor debuff on the opponent. But yeah, stuff isn't perfect yet, but we are actively working to fix simple things like this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
Story was way short, I hope to see expansion in the future. :0
Story will always be an ongoing focus of our team, and we have quite a bit planned.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
ontopic: I don't get what a player is supposed to do after the satan quest. Is there any other continuation quests or is it just grinding from there?
That is the current end of the story. Keyword: current.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-24-2011, 11:38 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXZiroXx
Maloria is all about nation related PvP, really. If people can't deal with the PvP aspect of the server they shouldn't be playing.
Yes, screw your players over. That's a great way to keep them coming back.

I know you probably don't care to hear my advice, but it would be in your best interest to keep PvP and PvE settings separate from each other. Allowing players to kill each other in dungeons or other settings meant for leveling severely impairs each player's ability to make real progress. Very few users I've known have ever been content with PvP at lower levels anyway, since equipment and statistics matter more to players at endgame, which is when the real action begins.

When I wrote the battle engine algorithms for you many moons ago, I had both PvP and PvE aspects in mind. However, that isn't to say both can occur in one place harmoniously. While it might be fine on the overworld, enabling PvP in areas designated for leveling can cause tremendous interference and frustration for anyone trying legitimately to improve their character. If your concern is that players will gain levels too quickly, consider adjusting your experience curve. Grinding is tedious enough without someone messing with you while you're trying to do so.

Last edited by Draenin; 01-24-2011 at 12:09 PM..
Old 01-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Yes, screw your players over. That's a great way to keep them coming back.
Like I said, my target audience is the PvP one.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 01-24-2011, 12:13 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Like I said, my target audience is the PvP one.
Yes, I know. But there's a time and a place for it.

I'm not saying you should cut it out altogether, but rather figure out where it can be enabled without causing players to stress out. At low levels, players should only need to focus on achievement. Anything that gets in the way of achievement is a problem. PvP should be reserved for when players have very little else to achieve.

Levels and bragging rights are two completely different things, and should be treated as such. Allowing PvP in dungeons means letting more experienced players kick new players while they're down, and there's no justifiable reason for it.

While Nation Wars was undoubtedly the coolest part of old Maloria, it didn't happen in places where players were expected to make progress. You had to level up so that you could adequately defend your nation's stronghold, or else you'd be mowed down in no time. The battles were much more intense when there were a lot of high-level players online, and that's because each player's survivability drastically improves once they've maxed out their level. So there are perks to allowing players to reach endgame in a smooth fashion, especially if you want them to engage more in fighting each other. After all, no one likes to fight a losing battle.

Last edited by Draenin; 01-24-2011 at 01:16 PM..
Old 01-24-2011, 02:35 PM
Me.
RegretZ will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by xXziroXx View Post
Story will always be an ongoing focus of our team, and we have quite a bit planned. That is the current end of the story. Keyword: current.
Alright, well that's all I needed to hear. Everything else is pretty great. Graphics are excellent, the world seems pretty complete, the gameplay is good. I agree classes could be a bit more balanced since I'm a warrior, but I agree that is mostly trial and error and can only be fixed over time.
Old 01-24-2011, 03:12 PM
Master of Puppets
Quote:
Originally Posted by RegretZ View Post
warrior
Knight.

Old 01-24-2011, 03:29 PM
Magnificent Bastard
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxziroxx View Post
Knight.
;]

I'll be on there sometime soon to check stuff out more in-depth. I should be able to examine things a bit more intimately than most since I know how the formulas function, and I'll be sure to give you a list of suggestions. However, I can't offer any more than advice, since you already know I've got priorities of my own now. I'm glad to see things are looking up for Maloria, and really hope it'll get back to Classic status soon.

Last edited by Draenin; 01-24-2011 at 04:28 PM..
Old 01-24-2011, 08:45 PM
\(^∀^)メ(≧∇≦)ノ
Hiro has a spectacular aura aboutHiro has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Hiro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Draenin View Post
Yes, I know. But there's a time and a place for it.

I'm not saying you should cut it out altogether, but rather figure out where it can be enabled without causing players to stress out. At low levels, players should only need to focus on achievement. Anything that gets in the way of achievement is a problem. PvP should be reserved for when players have very little else to achieve.

Levels and bragging rights are two completely different things, and should be treated as such. Allowing PvP in dungeons means letting more experienced players kick new players while they're down, and there's no justifiable reason for it.

While Nation Wars was undoubtedly the coolest part of old Maloria, it didn't happen in places where players were expected to make progress. You had to level up so that you could adequately defend your nation's stronghold, or else you'd be mowed down in no time. The battles were much more intense when there were a lot of high-level players online, and that's because each player's survivability drastically improves once they've maxed out their level. So there are perks to allowing players to reach endgame in a smooth fashion, especially if you want them to engage more in fighting each other. After all, no one likes to fight a losing battle.
sounds like you're just afraid to fight people to defend your grinding

whats wrong, can't PK a player?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:02 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
I was wondering, are you going to take classes and branch them off at a later point?

Don Hertzfeldt <3
Old 01-24-2011, 09:07 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by xnervNATx View Post
ive tryed to fight a warrior but i wasnt able to do anything because he keep jumping and stun me, and the range is really too high
Are you playing scout or mage?
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro View Post
whats wrong, can't PK a player?
Yeah. A level 1 warrior is going to take a level 11 mage to the cleaners all day long.

I done the majority of what is show at the moment. I love the game so far and although getting pk'ed in the dungeons is annoying I don't mind it too much because I just had to learn to keep my head down, I guess it also encourages groups or party up in a dungeon so their not kicking the **** outta each other.

Satan was a nice boss to face but probably too easy, I solo'd him as a level 7 mage, maybe mage is just OP I don't know but I didn't expect to take him down so easily.

Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
|Mêrçy|
LordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to allLordSquirt is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gothika View Post
Yeah. A level 1 warrior is going to take a level 11 mage to the cleaners all day long.

I done the majority of what is show at the moment. I love the game so far and although getting pk'ed in the dungeons is annoying I don't mind it too much because I just had to learn to keep my head down, I guess it also encourages groups or party up in a dungeon so their not kicking the **** outta each other.

Satan was a nice boss to face but probably too easy, I solo'd him as a level 7 mage, maybe mage is just OP I don't know but I didn't expect to take him down so easily.
I soloed him as well without getting hit, so ya, I think he's just easy.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Extrinsical Anomaly
Fulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant futureFulg0reSama has a brilliant future
I guess I'll review the scout; in next post that is.

Careful, thoughts and opinions here scare people.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Tee Hee
smirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant futuresmirt362 has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to smirt362 Send a message via MSN to smirt362
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquirt View Post
I soloed him as well without getting hit, so ya, I think he's just easy.
Was a lot harder when you couldn't reflect his fireballs, he swung his axe at you if you got too close, he would one shot most people, and mages didn't have the electricity spell.

Also, can you work on the party systems? It's pretty much broken and unusable.

Don Hertzfeldt <3