Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Playerworld Staff Openings
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaze View Post
didn't you do that a while ago?
yeah, 17 minutes ago
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:37 AM
Bwaze is on a distinguished road
i mean weeks ago. I thought you were just helping tak with the hiring post b/c his sucked
Old 01-12-2011, 12:58 AM
the KattMan
MattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to beholdMattKan is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via AIM to MattKan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bwaze View Post
i mean weeks ago. I thought you were just helping tak with the hiring post b/c his sucked
Bearing in mind this is your hiring post I would not press the subject. Anyone who looks here is gonna think that Dudoria is a total noob server.
On the other hand, free-to-play games, if unbalanced, could result in some consumers paying extremely large amounts of money, and we can certainly not expect to build a good relationship with our consumers in this fashion. In order to have a favorable long-term relationship, we would like to offer free-to-play games that are balanced and reasonable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unximad
Eurocenter Games remains attached to the values of indies game developer and to the service our playerbase community.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:58 AM
Twilikari is on a distinguished road
I just need a bit of help with the gmap!
You've had several bio's (Mattkan was the best), not all of this conversation is needed. If you would like to apply, great! Otherwise, please don't trash
Old 01-12-2011, 02:44 AM
true but it's a hiring post I really never did approve of.
But Twilikari is right and we do need more LATs helping out
Old 01-12-2011, 02:54 AM
Chaotic
gwFCCtennis is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to gwFCCtennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by ifuzzy View Post
last time i was here, all i saw were all trial developers. Around 3-5 gp trials running around on boots dragging and abusing their powers, along with a couple of trial lats roaming around abusing their oe
lol omgz im an admin!!!1!
Old 01-12-2011, 03:24 AM
._.'
Old 01-12-2011, 03:33 AM
Fuzzoodles
iFuzzy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwFCCtennis View Post
lol omgz im an admin!!!1!
Lol, me and Chaotic were getting randomly dragged last time we visited. Some kid with a cartoon head and another trial gp kid pulled us all over the place, yes it was on "Dudoria". I didnt see any dev dudoria or anything.

All i'm saying, this project doesn't look too serious
Old 01-12-2011, 03:40 AM
no i was saying i hired those trials when it was dev bwaze. they came back later and still had their stuff. the other guy was a GFX who didn't have any assignments at the time. I did later strip the trials of their staff tools and told cartoon face not to abuse. The trials were originally friends back when we were just thinking of stuff they had nothing to do with the actual development at all.
Old 01-13-2011, 08:09 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
why do people keep attempting to make player worlds ?
Old 01-13-2011, 05:55 PM
Zeus Condero
papajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to beholdpapajchris is a splendid one to behold
Heres what you should do to whoever is the manager or the one running the server.

-Don't hire any ET's/GP's/FAQ's or friends just because they are friends
-Set out an outline of what you want to achieve and by when. Example: "Have North city done by next Tuesday January 18"
-If your staff fail to meet the dates, give them a warning. If they fail to meet another date FIRE THEM. All to often managers are afraid of firing their staff even though they aren't doing anything
-Another mistake managers make is they just force their ideas on everyone. Ask your developers about any ideas they might have and allow them to execute them (so long as they fit the server). This can motivate the developers to be creative and do work instead of just being told what to do.
-You really should have started the GMAP and server outline before you bought the server. You don't need a server to create a gmap or a outline.
-After reading your entire thread here, i still can't understand what makes your server unique? You say its RPG final fantasy like... Does that me turn based? Or will it just be a Zodiac/Maloria server?
-If you wan't people interested in your server, make it interesting. Do that by creating a thorough outline. List what NPC's you will have, how big of a gmap, deadline dates, how the economy will work, how events will work, how guilds will work, etc.. After reading your outline, i should know everything about the server. This not only HELPS you stay on task and keep motivated, it helps developers feel your server is worthy
Old 01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
DrakilorP2P is just really niceDrakilorP2P is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geno View Post
why do people keep attempting to make player worlds ?
To have fun?
Old 01-13-2011, 11:42 PM
If you want any information, ask either Bwaze or Silverlight, they're the ones with the info. Mattkan's explanation should be enough for people, especially since I'm enquiring about an LAT position(What does the story line have to do with that?!)
however, if you need to know, it will be a free-roam, quest taking rpg. We will have quests, and we will have a special fighting "THING" . The GMAP, again, is a few small islands, connected by bridges, and a world for players to explore freely and at their own pace.