Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Graal Kingdoms Events
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 07-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Drakeero will become famous soon enough
Dustari Zormite War

Alright, unlike the one the first time I was around as emperor, this one isn't voluntary on both sides. Bosh is forcing war on Zormite, for the throne. Conditions which I have NOT accepted, but it seems I don't have much choice.

Once again, I propose the two part war suggestion. Since a real 'kingdom' can be expected to have thousands of people (try having a REAL kingdom with just 15 people), and hundreds of war ships, chances are a naval power like Zormite can put out enough scouts and guards to make a surprise landing without forcing an engagement with our armada.

Therefore, the first part will be a symbolic naval battle between a small number of ships, instead of a massive fleet to fleet fight. Because in a real naval warfare situation it is unlikely for an enemy force to land significant number of troops on the island until the navy capacity of said kingdom is broken. Zormite will not officially recognize landing parties during the naval battle.

If Dustari WINS the naval battle, then the Zormite fleet is considered destroyed, and we move on to the ground war a little bit later in the day, or the next day, or the next weekend.

Should we WIN the naval battle, then we would have the option to hold a navy attack in Dustari's waters, and so on, and so forth. While we would not take this option, it is still open.

In order to win the war, you need to win both the naval battle, and the land battle. The use of the Zormite dungeon will not work, because there is a bug preventing the levels from linking up. In addition, the use of stick me should be expressly forbidden and enforced.

These are the conditions that I insist upon. I believe that since its my nation at stake, and that this war IS being forced upon me, that I should have some say in the rules of engagement.

(P.S. Should we lose the naval combat, I obviously would not want an all-out melee with the Dustarian forces. Not only would it be over virtually instantly, but it would not really be very fun (at least not for us). I may suggest a more interesting and complicated system for invading and conquering Zormite. Something like 'conquering each town' individually. Even if we still have no chance, it will make the war consist of multiple battles, and make it more epic.)
Old 07-25-2007, 08:55 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
YOu know you can just say no. As long as you don't agree to the war it won't happen regardless of what bosh or john says.
Old 07-25-2007, 09:29 PM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblade1979 View Post
YOu know you can just say no. As long as you don't agree to the war it won't happen regardless of what bosh or john says.
I have never heard of this rule.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:28 PM
of House Targaryen
Crimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to beholdCrimson2005 is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Crimson2005
Quote:
Hahahahahaha so not true.
Old 07-25-2007, 11:30 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Yes it will, if we were allowed to say No to a war we won't have wars, and what is so wrong about a war?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakeero View Post
If Dustari WINS the naval battle, then the Zormite fleet is considered destroyed, and we move on to the ground war a little bit later in the day, or the next day, or the next weekend.
Why do they have to wait later in the day or a few days later? Why can't they just land and fight like any normal war, you don't start war and stop for Tea and Biscuits for a few days and start again.

Last edited by cyan3; 07-25-2007 at 11:47 PM..
Old 07-25-2007, 11:48 PM
Global News Team
Gothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to beholdGothika is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Ha ha, thats a good one. What joke book did you pull that one out of?

Old 07-25-2007, 11:50 PM
What?
ceserthen will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to ceserthen
Just say no to wars.

ZONE GFX BLOG (PART #1)
Old 07-25-2007, 11:52 PM
cyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant futurecyan3 has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by ceserthen View Post
Just say no to wars.
As i said before what is wrong about wars? it keeps both kigndoms active for a few days before and for the battle and everybody has fun.
Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 AM
z0rbi 4 life 🤘
kia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond reputekia345 has a reputation beyond repute
I'm guess this makes me the minority in Zormite, I'm looking forward to the war
Old 07-26-2007, 12:59 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Why do they have to wait later in the day or a few days later? Why can't they just land and fight like any normal war, you don't start war and stop for Tea and Biscuits for a few days and start again.
I would suggest different days as well. I like the idea of multiple battles on different days, especially since not everyone can make it every time. It sucks when everyone is talking about battles and you had something you had no choice in not attending.

</Kyden's 2 Cents>

Old 07-26-2007, 01:22 AM
Buddy
Taikun is an unknown quantity at this point
Why not just give the kingdom to Bosh?
Old 07-26-2007, 04:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyan3 View Post
Really simple reasons. One, not everyone can be on. It lets everyone have a chance to participate. Two, it shortens the individual battles so people are less likely to have to leave mid battle and suddenly cripple one side or the other. Three, they just plain LAST longer if you can do something more objective based.

Such as having to capture each of Zormite's cities, after they have been fortified, and each kingdom's armies will get to have a match for each city (and maybe even some forts or sea bases as well, make it more fun.) If I'm going to be thrown out, it better be something more fun and complicated then a simple rush on the castle.
Old 07-26-2007, 06:47 AM
jonnyrocks2 will become famous soon enough
Send a message via AIM to jonnyrocks2 Send a message via MSN to jonnyrocks2
Drake, what happened to the 'Do not use the ferry' bit? or did I overlook that?
Originally Posted by Shawn Kelfonne
Pfft. It takes a real man to play a girl...
Old 07-26-2007, 11:01 AM
Ed
MasterNuke is on a distinguished road
Include a RP reason of why Dustari's mages can't just mass teleport troops onto Zormite Island and I'm game.
Old 07-26-2007, 04:06 PM
1: Most "RP" on kingdoms consists of spastic, uncoordinated, insignificant screwing around. The plot lines are often composed of the some of the most innate plot, themes, and twists. This is why I've also been avoiding RP like the plague while I've been on Graal.

2: Continuity. Continuity applies roughly to characters quite well. As you develop your character, there is a solid line of progression, and capabilities. If you have only raised your mental a few times, it is obvious that you can't just pull 110 mental out of your hat when you need it. Roughly the same applies to kingdoms. Dustari has always been a proud and powerful nation, rich in wealth, and rich in the strength and military of its soldiers. The only real magical aspect I've ever seen 'officially' promoted is King John's immense skill as a vampire paladin. Since my reign (and from what I hear that hasn't been much of a reign before that for quite some time), I have displayed an image of a nation revolving around the pursuit of magic and wisdom, guarded by a navy. Who is more likely to have powerful mages?

3: Cheap shots. Having a bunch of mages that come out of your back pocket that can just poof the entire army over looks somewhat like a unbacked, unplanned, plot twist you come up with on the spot to try to bypass any real resistance you just might have to be bothered to deal with. That, and one that's been already been planned for. (Since Zormite has a more magical image then Dustari, chances are in the unlikely event that they DO have mages capable of that, then most likely I have mages that can stop that. This isn't god-modding (at least not on my side), this is continuity and linear development. See #2.) Another aspect of the cheap shots: Why don't I just pull off a simpler teleport? A few cauldron bomb like devices into Dustari castle. Lot easier to pull off then the mass teleport of troops...

4: Virtually no RP or DnD system supports mass teleportation of the scale you indicate. Even in the most extreme cases teleports rarely involve massive teleports, over long distances. You're talking futuristic, science fiction, hyperspace gates and stuff like that. Last I checked, this is Kingdoms, not Zone.

5: And a non-RP but pratical reason. A big chunk of your 'support' comes from people saying that "Oh, wars are fun, it'll bring action to the server and keep things interesting." Which is gonna be more actiony and fun to watch? A real military engagement, or a few cheapshots (and return cheapshots)?

Let me see, did I miss anything? Eh, I'll probably think of them later today. This probably isn't the end of it.

And yes, Uri is right. It humiliates to have to require that the ferries need to be excluded. I'll just sum that up right now. Ferry service = stopped. We all know that's not gonna happen because its not 'programmed' into the game, but this is RP, right?