Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Gold Servers > Graal Kingdoms > Kingdoms
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-19-2007, 03:54 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waltz5 View Post
On the other hand it's a product and I won't be paying for it anymore.
I pitty the fool; I've not paid for mine in a while

Quote:
ISupport tickets are a joke in my opinion unless you need account help that Ibonic can help you with.
Indeed, as much as I hesitate to say it (based on my previous statement of this being a official forum) the "quality assurance" is fairly low with Graal... but that may also be influenced by how simple, by the nature of the content created, the game is (WoW needs less content updates because the content they provide, when they do update, is massive).
Old 05-19-2007, 03:57 AM
Kyden
Waltz5 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen View Post
Indeed, as much as I hesitate to say it (based on my previous statement of this being a official forum) the "quality assurance" is fairly low with Graal... but that may also be influenced by how simple, by the nature of the content created, the game is (WoW needs less content updates because the content they provide, when they do update, is massive).
How'd you know what I'm playing?

Personally with this being a smaller game with a small population I would think the staff would want to provide as much "quality assurance" as possible. I used to think that was the direction it was attempting to go, but it has greatly deteriorated. Perhaps that's just my opinion (well it is, but others may not feel the same).

Old 05-19-2007, 04:06 AM
Boom!
Stephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud ofStephen has much to be proud of
Quote:
How'd you know what I'm playing?
Seems to be the natural path after Graal.
Quote:
Perhaps that's just my opinion (well it is, but others may not feel the same).
I'm afraid it's wrong. The problem is multi-tasking; most of the administration holds several positions of support... because of this, some of the more important people (Stefan, for example) doesn't always have time to address these problems because he's so busy directing or even developing (sometimes alone) new content.

I don't know Unixmad well enough to Vouch for his work ethic, but based on the success of his game so far I'm willing to guess it's fairly good - above average. I know Stefan well enough to say his work ethic is insane... he works very hard.

Sadly, because of the nature of the game (mostly volunteer work) they're hesitant to spread the power around so that more help can be provided when needed (which makes a lot of stress for people such as Ibonic, we should be very thankful to have him).

As far as I understand there is a very major update coming which will include new depth to the current game engine, and of course, the anticipated gaming content. Stefan has hesitated to share the details so that they may not be leaked... sort of sucks, this community could really do well for some "leaked" information right about now
Old 05-19-2007, 04:43 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Googi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
there is alot being worked on.
Just not stuff that will actually help the server.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:45 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
Just not stuff that will actually help the server.
Well, as I said in one of my original posts in this thread - Stefan & Co. are working on a lot of very new in depth additions to the game engine.

Opens up the possibility for a lot of new, cool, content. Although it's currently entirely up to guesses and opinion if we will ever see said new, cool, content
Old 05-19-2007, 04:55 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darlene159 View Post
I think it has been said a million times that there is alot being worked on. You just have to have patience.
Yeah, come on, guys! You need to have patience, like we Classic-ers do! I mean, sure, we've already waited two years and have had virtually no actual updates, but you have to give that stuff at LEAST three more years.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:56 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable View Post
Yeah, come on, guys! You need to have patience, like we Classic-ers do! I mean, sure, we've already waited two years and have had virtually no actual updates, but you have to give that stuff at LEAST three more years.
Intentionally stoking an argument, especially when previously clarified why such provocation is a poor idea, is fairly lame
Old 05-19-2007, 04:57 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Googi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud ofGoogi has much to be proud of
Quote:
Well, as I said in one of my original posts in this thread - Stefan & Co. are working on a lot of very new in depth additions to the game engine.

Opens up the possibility for a lot of new, cool, content. Although it's currently entirely up to guesses and opinion if we will ever see said new, cool, content
Not enough content isn't the problem with the server. It's the thing people complain about, but it isn't the cause of the low playercount. The problem is that people aren't subscribing, probably for some sort of reason exogenous to the server.
Old 05-19-2007, 04:57 AM
h8 my username
Unpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to allUnpredlctable is a name known to all
Quote:
Intentionally stoking an argument, especially when previously clarified why such provocation is a poor idea, is fairly lame
You're lame I didn't even read most of the thread; I just felt like startin' a fight. YOU WANNA GO, BUB?
Old 05-19-2007, 04:58 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Googi View Post
probably for some sort of reason exogenous to the server.
What do you suspect?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unpredlctable View Post
You're lame I didn't even read most of the thread; I just felt like startin' a fight. YOU WANNA GO, BUB?
I just want you to behave
Old 05-19-2007, 05:05 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I just think Graal fails at the competition. There are a lot of free MMORPG's out now that offer so much more, with daily updates. And then there's the pay market that Graal is on, and it seems like a whole different league.
In all honesty, I think Graal is trying to get into a genre it can't survive in, and I don't really mean Graal3D. It seems like they're trying to take it into the direction of nearly all the other MMORPG's(bleh, I'm getting tired of saying that), hardcore leveling and dungeon crawling, blah blah. Graal was safest when it was still in the 'Zelda'ish genre, instead of RPG, just too much competition.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:08 AM
Boom!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
In all honesty, I think Graal is trying to get into a genre it can't survive in
I disagree - if they would advertise it would definitely draw new customers. I also believe a good portion of the new customers would stay.

It really baffles me what is stopping them from advertising - my best guess is that they're waiting to release their newest updates.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:13 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Advertising would draw in possible customers, but not necessarily customers. In order to keep those customers, they have to offer something the competition doesn't, or else that's a lot of money wasted on advertisement, and I think that may be why they haven't.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:15 AM
A Serious Epidemic
Quote:
What do you suspect?
There are various explanations one can come up with (too much competition from other online games, improved quality of classic servers) but they are pretty much purely speculative. I have no idea what the causes are. Nor do I have any idea how one would go about collecting the kind of data you would need to figure out what the causes are. I do know that there are probably a lot of people who want to subscribe and are willing to pay but are unwilling/unable to use a credit card and lack the sophistication to use PayByCash unaided. They have always existed and so are not the cause of the decline in subscriptions, but somehow making it possible for them to subscribe could be the solution to it.