Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 05-24-2007, 01:32 AM
I am X-Mann
WHIPENIE4 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via ICQ to WHIPENIE4 Send a message via AIM to WHIPENIE4
Question

How Do You Change The server from puting down those ugly new Gralats, instead put down the Rupees?

- X-Mann (Blessing Graal since 1998) Haha

- Graal 2000 Project (Contact Me to get Apart of this expierience

Windows Vista. Graal. Not a Good Combination.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:50 AM
That one guy...
zokemon is a jewel in the roughzokemon is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Delete the "gralats" class.
There is a NPC inside of onlinestartlocal.graal that is turning rupees into gralats.
I highly suggest you don't use rupees though if you want anything even half-way secure.
Old 05-24-2007, 08:10 AM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I'd use it, it's secure.
Old 05-24-2007, 01:49 PM
That one guy...
Send a message via ICQ to zokemon Send a message via AIM to zokemon Send a message via MSN to zokemon Send a message via Yahoo to zokemon
Quote:
Originally Posted by xAndrewx View Post
I'd use it, it's secure.
No it isn't...
Any simple trainer could drop a rupee item and have it spawn a gralat npc. It isn't secure at all.
Old 05-24-2007, 05:03 PM
xAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud ofxAndrewx has much to be proud of
I think you're wrong. Prove me wrong.
Old 05-25-2007, 12:08 AM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
You have more control if you were to make player.rupees/player.gralats (or whatever it is now) into a clientr variable, such as clientr.money; this way you can have added security and logging.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:27 AM
Bowie's Deciple
Kristi has a spectacular aura aboutKristi has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Kristi Send a message via MSN to Kristi
Quote:
Originally Posted by zokemon View Post
No it isn't...
Any simple trainer could drop a rupee item and have it spawn a gralat npc. It isn't secure at all.
your graalat count has to be modified serverside. A player cannot just spawn a serverside npc with a trainer.
Old 05-25-2007, 01:38 AM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
I think what he's getting at is that while you can't modify your gralat count or make a putnpc, you can drop a default Graal gralat and it'll turn into the gralat NPC anyways.
I actually don't think you can use trainers to drop gralat's anymore. I honestly don't remember though.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:30 AM
No, you can't.
Use the gralats class, it's good.

HTML Code:
with(putnpc2(npcx, npcy, "join gralats;"))
{
  rupees = 10;
}
would drop a gralat worth 10 rupees!
Old 05-25-2007, 09:17 PM
That one guy...
If the rupees item can not be dropped clientside anymore then I stand corrected! I was just saying this from past memory as a young GP on servers where I would catch "hackers" causing "gold rupees" to drop on a certain location. I'm sure every GP from those days remembers people doing this.
Old 05-25-2007, 10:46 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Oh, I know what you're talking about.

No, drop and drop2 on clientside drop something you have. So if you were to drop a goldrupee with a function, it would take the goldrupee from you, and wouldnt drop if you didn't have.

I do remember a different way to get past it though, very easy. Not telling though
Old 05-25-2007, 10:48 PM
That one guy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Oh, I know what you're talking about.

No, drop and drop2 on clientside drop something you have. So if you were to drop a goldrupee with a function, it would take the goldrupee from you, and wouldnt drop if you didn't have.

I do remember a different way to get past it though, very easy. Not telling though
What about those old scripts that NPCs would use to drop a rupee onto you?