Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Bomy Island Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
i am currently selling 3 green shogun hats and the rare white gangster hat. meet me in the market.
Old 11-20-2011, 01:20 PM
Banned
Sword is an unknown quantity at this point
I'm just stunned that in the year 2011 we're still trying to bring a server called Graal2001 back up to par.
Old 11-20-2011, 02:40 PM
Joe Cruddas (VIP)
gravator has a spectacular aura aboutgravator has a spectacular aura about
Because the manager tries to get everything up and running all at once and that's more work than necessary, just use thors plan, fix and open a small portion of the overworld for people to idle on and work on the rest one chunk at a time, and i certainly would be more willing to wait for the next place to be added like it is being done on classic.

Make a base system to build from like thor has done, open bomboria at the very least and work on one place at a time like the minigames to keep people happy knowing the revival is finally underway.
Old 11-20-2011, 03:08 PM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by gravator View Post
Because the manager tries to get everything up and running all at once and that's more work than necessary
I do agree that this is a problematic approach, but that's not really the problem here...
Old 11-24-2011, 07:14 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
So I just logged back onto Graal2001 for the first time in many months.
And it just seems so overwhelming the circumstance that almost everything is working and functional still on the server after all this time.
It still works the way it did years ago. And a lot of the content on the server is still more deep, complex and engaging than most of what you would find on Graal today.
So I was just wondering, since I don't understand scripting much (especially the modern Graal scripting style), if you could enlighten us and elaborate on what you were talking about Thor?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111176.png
Views:	367
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	54009   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111194.png
Views:	244
Size:	202.0 KB
ID:	54010   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111224.png
Views:	223
Size:	155.2 KB
ID:	54011   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111239.png
Views:	244
Size:	34.4 KB
ID:	54012   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111260.png
Views:	850
Size:	110.4 KB
ID:	54013  

Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111315.png
Views:	260
Size:	286.5 KB
ID:	54014   Click image for larger version

Name:	graal_1322111763.png
Views:	293
Size:	352.1 KB
ID:	54015  
Old 11-24-2011, 07:16 AM
RIP DarkCloud_PK
maximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond reputemaximus_asinus has a reputation beyond repute
please close this thread, when I see the title I get excited
Old 11-24-2011, 07:23 AM
team canada
fowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond reputefowlplay4 has a reputation beyond repute
why dont u just marry g2k1 already kamaeru, jesus christ
Old 11-24-2011, 09:05 AM
Banned
ffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond reputeffcmike has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to ffcmike Send a message via MSN to ffcmike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
So I just logged back onto Graal2001 for the first time in many months.
And it just seems so overwhelming the circumstance that almost everything is working and functional still on the server after all this time.
It still works the way it did years ago. And a lot of the content on the server is still more deep, complex and engaging than most of what you would find on Graal today.
So I was just wondering, since I don't understand scripting much (especially the modern Graal scripting style), if you could enlighten us and elaborate on what you were talking about Thor?
My last post was just highlighting the fact that this project doesn't appear to be being worked on at all, therefore it's not really right to question its approach... because there is no approach.

In terms of scripting, there's a big difference between being working and functional and being scripted well.
The likely problem is that should somebody add a new sophisticated system or weapon it may contradict or result in bugs because of an existing one.
When I script something I don't worry about whether the script will work, I worry about whether it will break something that already exists, or could be broken by something else later.
Lets say you do have to go back and change an old system to fix a new problem, the last thing you'd then want to do is have to go back and change the script of several dozen levels and half a dozen other systems/weapons.

Perhaps Classic's new Mine Cart would be a good example, it's quite a sophisticated system which requires full control over the player.
So imagine I "Dash" into it, before initialising the mine cart I'd need to uninitialised the dash. The easy thing to do would be to directly check for and disable Dash, but even this doesn't protect against this type of problem should a new movement technique or similar be added later, or if I keep going back and adding manual checks later on that becomes cluttered and time-inefficient. The best thing to do would be to create a system to handle initialising/uninitialised in the first place which would automatically be applied with any movement system.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:58 AM
G2k1
Kamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud ofKamaeru has much to be proud of
Quote:
Originally Posted by fowlplay4 View Post
why dont u just marry g2k1 already kamaeru, jesus christ
Nobody seems to want to let me.
And I regularly send hateful messages to members of the PWA every time I see them saying something I don't like.

I don't seem to receive much credit around the Graal community except for when it comes to matters like its origins.
But I can assure you that when it comes to a very few subject matters that I feel like I have some valuable input.
And maybe some of you like my standards and maybe some don't.
I know a lot of people like to say that Graal2001 is the reason for low standards on Graal.
But have they played Graal2001? I doubt it.
I would like to create a mixture of the standards laid down by Nintendo with A Link to the Past and Graal2001.
Some might argue that Graal2001 misuses tiles and doesn't use them the way that ALTTP does.
But that is up to the developer. Play Earthbound and you will see that the developers went down much the same avenues as Graal2001.
Graal2001 is the only departure from the Zelda style that I like.

I would break up with my girlfriend to play Graal2001 if there were another revival.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:12 AM
fcmrcy
FaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura aboutFaLLChiLD has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to FaLLChiLD
If those screen shots are the current direction it's going then /shrug. Your girlfriend might have more replay value.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:25 AM
Former Forum Admin/GM
AlkarenHyralt is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to AlkarenHyralt
I find great irony in a shine to Antago. Is it a shrine to how many times he was fired/banned from Graal?

I also see the endless shrine to me was not put back in

Forgotten through the passage of Graal time.
Old 12-12-2011, 06:26 PM
Somewhat rusty
Loriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to allLoriel is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamaeru View Post
Is this seriously a thing? It's the dumbest thing.
Old 12-12-2011, 07:25 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loriel View Post
Is this seriously a thing? It's the dumbest thing.
Horrible level design.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 12-26-2011, 08:38 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
I can't wait for this server to be re-released!
Old 12-27-2011, 12:00 AM
Prinking Droblem
Geno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud ofGeno has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Geno
it was the best server :<