Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > PlayerWorlds Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Closed Thread

Old 09-29-2009, 09:42 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Graal 3D ?

No, this is not a XXXXth thread to ask what happened about Graal 3D.

Actually I'd be interested in the project, and in my opinion Graal 3D would be best to get some new players.

Graal has so much potential, and I can see through it. If someone can get to a nice Graal 3D server then it would be best.

I am not sure yet, but if this needs any funds or anything, I am ready to participate as much as possible.

Some questions remain anyway:

Who was coding Graal 3D ? Stefan himself ? (I never knew!)

For the graphics, Redwizard, Galdor and maybe me(getting in 3D ) would be the team, with maybe more people if some apply for the job of course.
Redwizard makes really great and fine 3D Art while Galdor makes some painting-cartoony style 3D, and that simply looks awesome.

Seriously, don't you think Graal 3D would be one of the solutions to "revive" Graal ? We could all have fun on a great 3D server, while still enjoying classic ones !
Old 09-29-2009, 10:01 PM
¯\(º_o)/¯
Chompy is just really niceChompy is just really niceChompy is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to Chompy
There was a forum section dedicated to Graal 3D sometime ago, (Graal 3D Milestone something) where everyone sent in applications for jobs on the Graal3D team etc.

In the end, it didn't turn out. (lack of communication and few other reasons) Sure, it was interesting and a little different scripting on a 3D playerworld and such, but how many developers on graal nowadays do have experience in 3D development?

It's also quite different scripting on Graal 3D, as it requires a lot of experience with math/physics (Atleast for visuals/gameobjects). There's also the need of 3D modelers and concept artists/writers. Creating levels was quite fun though, using the in-game level editor for Graal 3D.

I would love to see it brought back up again, but, getting enough skilled developers will be hard.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:03 PM
Will work for food. Maybe
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to DustyPorViva Send a message via MSN to DustyPorViva
Waste of effort, in my opinion.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:10 PM
Sr Marketing Strategist
Elk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant futureElk has a brilliant future
Send a message via ICQ to Elk Send a message via AIM to Elk Send a message via MSN to Elk Send a message via Yahoo to Elk
I think more players should play with 3D tools first and then think of reviving 3D.

You need atleast 20 modelers to get something ready

Old 09-29-2009, 10:27 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Sure Graal3D could be successful if done right just as any 2d server (Crystia , the original!).
One big problem is that you have to pay to help, I don't think that will appeal to many skilled developers from outside Graal (that would be kinda needed for a project like this), and also because the quality level is so low.
But that idea that server owners could buy staff slots seems nice.

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 09-30-2009, 12:31 PM
Ideas on Fire
Soala is a jewel in the roughSoala is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galdor View Post
Sure Graal3D could be successful if done right just as any 2d server (Crystia , the original!).
One big problem is that you have to pay to help, I don't think that will appeal to many skilled developers from outside Graal (that would be kinda needed for a project like this), and also because the quality level is so low.
But that idea that server owners could buy staff slots seems nice.
That's the main problem yeah.
But seriously, if we all work together Graal 3D would make graal much better.
Old 09-30-2009, 01:55 PM
:pluffy:
Crono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond reputeCrono has a reputation beyond repute
They should have dumped Classic and began working on a 3D version of it. Would have been the easiest thing for them to do and they could have probably done it right. But nope, never happened.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:35 AM
Lemmy Koopa (Koopalings)
EclipsedAngel has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
They should have dumped Classic and began working on a 3D version of it. Would have been the easiest thing for them to do and they could have probably done it right. But nope, never happened.
This is the only 3D version of graal I would play. Not some world of warcraft looking server.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:48 AM
Kevin Azite
Mark Sir Link is just really niceMark Sir Link is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Mark Sir Link
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crono View Post
I remember suggesting this a long time ago only to have people cry about it being an awful idea.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:16 AM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
It's an awesome idea. I would love to play a 3D version of graal that actually IS a 3D version of Graal.

(Not a failed attempt to make a online Zelda OoT)
Old 10-02-2009, 11:52 AM
DustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond reputeDustyPorViva has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
(Not a failed attempt to make a online Zelda OoT)
Their attempt at 3d was nothing like OoT... which maybe it should have been.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
Gos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to beholdGos_pira is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyPorViva View Post
Their attempt at 3d was nothing like OoT... which maybe it should have been.
Didn't you get that Christmas newsletter way back with videos where they had a UI like OoT?
Old 10-02-2009, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gos_pira View Post
Didn't you get that Christmas newsletter way back with videos where they had a UI like OoT?
A UI makes it like OoT? The only UI I remember was one with a bunch of hearts and a minimap... which Graal already has.
Old 10-02-2009, 02:39 PM
░▒▓██▓▒░
Galdor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond reputeGaldor has a reputation beyond repute
Hmm well it would be easy I guess to just make classic into 3d but on the other hand that wouldn't maybe be a super awesome move if you at the same time want to show off the engine to developers. But the 3d guy they hired was really terrible so that was also a bad move, the former artist was much better (Tiffany) xD

The OoT feeling you guys got was probably from the "dungeon pack" that they bought from garagegames when making the newest Graal 3D that never was released, to save time I guess

They should buy the new "Enchanted Forest" pack maybe as well it looks cool xD

My Albums
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unixmad
This forums is going worst each day.
Old 10-02-2009, 03:18 PM
Registered Pirate Ghost
I like the enchanted forest one. :O Looks mysterious!

Anyway, I might just've remembered wrong. But there was som screenies / videos that looked like an attempt to make OoT online.
Closed Thread