Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > General Forums > Graal Main Forum (English) > Job Forum > Playerworld Administration Team
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-09-2008, 10:41 PM
jwd
Codein has a spectacular aura aboutCodein has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Codein Send a message via MSN to Codein
Application: Codein

I was at a loss for a witty introduction so I'm just going to say a big Hi to you all, since most of you know me and who I am I've been playing graal since I was 9. From the moment I started, I was hooked and I still am. I can't put a reason down to it but it's probably because of it's diverse community, which accepts people in all shapes, sizes and type.

With my spare time, I like to develop on Graal. This includes graphic design, level design, scripting, sound design and ganis. I started developing in general when I was around 11 years old so, in some areas, I'm experienced at what I do. I have also become a decent team leader through a love of working with people.

My experience in general are as follows:

Babylon - Webmaster, Graphics Designer, Developer, Asst. Dev Admin.

Bravo Online - Graphics Captain, Asst. Graphics Admin, Developer.

Endora - Graphics Designer, Developer x 4, Dev Admin, Admin

Unholy Nation - Graphics Designer, Scripter

N-Pulse - Graphics Designer.

Quian'Dor - Graphics, Developer, Admin, Manager.

Soakath - Project Leader

Gear (Dev Codein) - Project Leader

Classic - GAT

Bomy Moon - Graphics Designer

I have also been Moderator and Super Mod in many different online communities aswell, most of which are dead now.

As you can see, I have been active in the development of a lot of playerworlds (and many many more UC worlds). My large base of experience has enriched me with knowledge and the general "goings on" of most popular playerworlds. I am also a fair person and I do not tolerate any kind of discrimination, be it illegal or not. I am also an extremely fast learner, so I will be able to take on the harness of PWA duties almost at once.

I'm currently a college student and I also work at UPS as a technician, both require deadlines to be met and working under pressure.

I live in the GMT timezone, so I will be available to most European players and I could work behind the scenes to most East-Coast Americans. Any changes I make would happen "over night" so to speak, which is more fluid than making changes with a large player count.

I have little to no "good judgement" scenarios on Graal, however, in real life I have come face to face with many. Here are some examples:

A girl, who is a good friend, came to me with a problem. She was extremely confused about what to do. However, the facts were extremely visible and I made choices for her, based on the facts, steered her in to the right direction. Thanks to my judgement and choices, she was able to pick herself up and now has an MEng in Computer Science.

A final note: I always look for facts. I'm a very factual person, therefore, opinions do not leak into my community work. If something is against the rules, I will explain that the rules are facts and I will enforce the rules. However, I am able to talk to people easily. This makes me fair but friendly and generally easy to get along with.

From a glance, I would say that these things need to be done:
  • Removal of extremely inactive playerworld from the Classic list.
  • Encourage development servers, well, to develop. Possibly help each one in some way or form
  • Go through each playerworld and check for anything that breaks policy. Discuss with the servers with what needs changing. Instead of problems coming to the team, the team goes looking for them.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:03 PM
Dark Ravenblade
Ravenblade1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Ravenblade1979
Nice app.
Old 03-09-2008, 11:06 PM
Master of Puppets
xXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant futurexXziroXx has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to xXziroXx Send a message via MSN to xXziroXx
Codein is a great guy in all imaginable ways, and he definitely deserve the position.

"A delayed game is eventually good, but a rushed game is forever bad." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Old 03-09-2008, 11:10 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Good application
Old 03-09-2008, 11:31 PM
jwd
Thanks all
Old 03-09-2008, 11:42 PM
osnap.
Xterminator will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Good application
Old 03-10-2008, 05:12 PM
Rgesitreed Uesr
Pimmeh has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Pimmeh Send a message via MSN to Pimmeh
For some reason I missed this thread.
Codein is a really really awesome guy with the power to do anything he lays his eye on. I saw him develop from a newbie (more or less) scripter to someone who could make an entire MUDlib system.

He is always kind, even to a person that I blocked at a certain point, and I can hardly imagine him getting angry at a player, unless he threatens/offenses another player.

All in all, I think I'll be a very sad panda if I had to share Jim with the PWA duties, but he is certainly worth it.
...Oh god that sounded as if I was his lover... I ment development terms! :P
Old 03-10-2008, 11:09 PM
the fake one
cbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond reputecbk1994 has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to cbk1994
Would definitely be nice to have a PWA to deal more with UC servers and helping them like Codein would.
Old 03-10-2008, 11:24 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbkbud View Post
Would definitely be nice to have a PWA to deal more with UC servers and helping them like Codein would.
Aye If I become PWA, this would be my main focus. People pay to make the servers and people pay to play the game also. It's only fair if customers of CJ were given an official helping hand where needed, which I'm sure I could provide. If I were unable to provide the support in terms of development, I would research for them. If I were unable to provide support due to impossibility, I would let them know that and provide them with alternate solutions to their problems.
Old 03-11-2008, 04:24 PM
Hello, it's me.
Aimee is on a distinguished road
Quite a lot of experience. I like the application. You've got a thumbs up from me

Old 03-11-2008, 04:27 PM
jwd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee View Post
Quite a lot of experience. I like the application. You've got a thumbs up from me
Thankyou I liked your application also and you're a friend of Brooks, so you've got my support.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:50 PM
My empire of dirt
Twinny is just really niceTwinny is just really nice
Send a message via AIM to Twinny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Codein View Post
Thankyou I liked your application also and you're a friend of Brooks, so you've got my support.
Worst. Reason. Ever.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:52 PM
The Cat
Tigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant futureTigairius has a brilliant future
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinny View Post
Worst. Reason. Ever.
Haha, I was kind of thinking the same when I read that.

“Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars.”
Old 03-12-2008, 12:14 AM
ᶘ ᵒᴥᵒᶅ...ᶘ ಠᴥಠᶅ❤...ℳℴℯ
Clockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant futureClockwork has a brilliant future
I remember when I brought you back into the graal world on Endora as my little gat... You didn't even know how to script back then.
Old 03-12-2008, 12:19 AM
Incubator
Inverness is a jewel in the roughInverness is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pimmeh View Post
someone who could make an entire MUDlib system.
Thats not considered something difficult to do, is it?

Nothing against Codein but I'm just curious.