Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > Future Improvements
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-11-2015, 01:28 AM
Magnificent Bastard
Draenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud ofDraenin has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Draenin Send a message via MSN to Draenin Send a message via Yahoo to Draenin
Public Server Listings

Since pretty much no hosted servers have been in the server list at all lately, I would like to see some kind of category made in the server list for publicly listed servers that are seeking help.

Server options allow you to make a server staff-only and thus private, so it would be very nice to be able to flag them as public so that players can log on without having to guess at the server name. I used to get lots of traffic from curious users who would see World of Tomorrow listed in RC, but since that's not even available anymore, I rarely see anyone anymore who drops by on a whim. And since advertising isn't allowed on other servers a lot, my only option is to post stuff on forums or prowl elsewhere to find people who are interested.

I would also like to see more servers listed in the Hosted category if possible, but a lot of servers probably aren't going to get there anymore if people don't even know they exist.

I got to talk to Unixmad about it briefly a few weeks ago, and he seemed to have an interest in revamping the server list a bit, but nothing has happened so far. So if anyone can kind of nudge him toward doing something like that, I'd really appreciate it, and I'm sure other developers would too.

Last edited by Draenin; 05-11-2015 at 01:43 AM..