Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > PlayerWorlds > Era Main Forum
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-25-2014, 06:57 PM
Posting The Truth
Supaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of lightSupaman771 is a glorious beacon of light
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
rofl. whose the richest guy on era anyways? money-wise it is seth i think (has about 20 mil or something). i don't know about money + items though. btw, ment to quote fiber's post.
Money has no real value. It is a virtually infinite resource with multiple inlets that simply measures X-Time spent pressing A or whatever at each of these spawn points (jobs).

Anything more than $900,000 time-wasted-measuring-pixels is literally too many being that the largest possible outlet (item/thing/gun) you can purchase requires that amount.
A week of PK materials (unlim ammo, lw, vit) costs 6-7k. If you do not earn this amount simply by killing players in that time frame... well as Wil would say: "Get good."

The rest is superficial, representing your time wasted on Era.
Old 02-27-2014, 02:19 AM
ilovegirlzz can only hope to improve
Rogue has spoken like a wise man. It works like that in real life too
Old 02-27-2014, 03:24 AM
Fiberwyre_P2P will become famous soon enough
Being able to afford one gun doesn't mean you have too much money.
Old 02-27-2014, 04:13 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
-HateD- will become famous soon enough
It doesn't hurt the server to be rich though. I don't see a problem with everyone having every good gun...wouldn't it just come down to skill at that point? Laming has to get boring before tryharding does.
Old 02-28-2014, 03:33 PM
communism is the way! except when the govt pathologically hoards all the wealth for person use or worse (warfare) like Argentina well idont think theyre communist but theyre govt is bad
Old 02-28-2014, 05:01 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
communism is the way! except when the govt pathologically hoards all the wealth for person use or worse (warfare) like Argentina well idont think theyre communist but theyre govt is bad
That's not really related to the thread and is so poorly constructed that I think I popped a blood vessel in my left eye. Please only post if you have constructive, well thought out, and sensible (quality) ideas. Half of the time you contradict yourself in the same post because you don't think before you type and when your ideas change (maybe because you realize how stupid they were initially), you don't have the decency to revise and make something worth reading.
Old 02-28-2014, 05:17 PM
Kohola_KinG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by -HateD- View Post
It doesn't hurt the server to be rich though. I don't see a problem with everyone having every good gun...wouldn't it just come down to skill at that point? Laming has to get boring before tryharding does.
This server is based around modern day life, like today in our own world. Yes we can't be totally realistic in the game but we build around that concept. Not everyone is rich in our world and if they where we would have serious problems wouldn't we? I don't think i need to explain what they would be as common sense should answer that for you.

The same type of issues would arise on this server if everyone was rich. Let's say everyone had all the guns they had and millions in the bank. You are the guy i see a lot of the time complaining about lamming and running and those type of things. Do you not think these issues would get worse? I'll tell you right now that they will. If everyone had all the guns they wanted and money, they could buy unlimited bombs, nukes (just buy them of people with ecs) they could buy all the lame guns and just lame all day.

That is only some issues out of many that would arise if everyone had everything they wanted. The game would become seriously boring as you would have everything you wanted. What is the point in playing when you can not earn anything new? Merching would probably be eliminated considering they would be rich anyways so no need to merch anymore. (Plus everyone would have the same gun, so what would they sell you)

You would be surprised at how many people would stop playing if they had everything than having everything and people playing.

Also the skill thing. If you had skill then it wouldn't matter what gun you have. Like the saying goes 'It's not the car, it's the driver'. It's about how far you are willing to push yourself to become good. Yes, some guns are better than others but it's how you use that gun to the best of it's abilities then you can beat anyone. Like i said, skill has to be earned, don't expect to be given an Mp5 Navy and think you're as good as wil soul, it doesn't work like that.

It just cant work man. Please get this idea out of your head, it cant happen and it won't happen.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:53 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
yeah i think most people would stop playing if everyone had everything and all that. would be too boring. i think most people enjoy putting in hard work then eventually having enough money to buy what they want. they get that feel good "i deserved this" reward feeling.
Old 03-02-2014, 08:46 PM
stuck in the enemy zone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zongui View Post
yeah i think most people would stop playing if everyone had everything and all that. would be too boring. i think most people enjoy putting in hard work then eventually having enough money to buy what they want. they get that feel good "i deserved this" reward feeling.
I feel like the game is boring anyway. The whole "work hard and get rewarded" thing isn't really appealing to me. If I'm going to play a game for fun, why would I want to expend 10x as much time working for the gun I'm trying to get than I'll spend using it?
If I mine to get an mp5 navy (what do you think...100hrs?) would I get 100 hrs of fun pking time? Not right now. I'd either get lamed to **** or sit in unstick doing nothing because nobody really plays. Work not worth the reward. Also, when you see how easy it is for people to get rich (betflipping, duping, gifts from friends, usding, etc) I'm not too sure why you would get satisfaction out of spending a shitload more time than someone else to get the same reward.
Old 03-02-2014, 10:32 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
I would sell Zach for a day. That's how I got rich.
Old 03-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Zongui is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I feel like the game is boring anyway. The whole "work hard and get rewarded" thing isn't really appealing to me. If I'm going to play a game for fun, why would I want to expend 10x as much time working for the gun I'm trying to get than I'll spend using it?
If I mine to get an mp5 navy (what do you think...100hrs?) would I get 100 hrs of fun pking time? Not right now. I'd either get lamed to **** or sit in unstick doing nothing because nobody really plays. Work not worth the reward. Also, when you see how easy it is for people to get rich (betflipping, duping, gifts from friends, usding, etc) I'm not too sure why you would get satisfaction out of spending a shitload more time than someone else to get the same reward.
yeah i get what you are saying. i don't really have any interests in getting more weapons though, so i just come on to pk or play events when i am bored.

from my personal experience, i used to cheat in video games when i was younger. i would use cheats when playing ps2/xbox games, but it eventually got boring. sometimes i wouldn't even finish the whole game because i spoiled it for myself with the cheats. some games like gta have fun cheats though. i used to play WoW on one of those private cracked servers or whatever where you can get everything and anything. that was fun for a while, but i eventually got bored fast. i find that playing WoW the legit way is more satisfying. that is just me though.
Old 03-03-2014, 03:36 PM
Quote:
That's not really related to the thread and is so poorly constructed that I think I popped a blood vessel in my left eye. Please only post if you have constructive, well thought out, and sensible (quality) ideas. Half of the time you contradict yourself in the same post because you don't think before you type and when your ideas change (maybe because you realize how stupid they were initially), you don't have the decency to revise and make something worth reading.
the majority of the time i post, its so it pisses you off. idc what the thread is talking about, i just want you to pop blood vessels
Old 03-03-2014, 06:09 PM
a true gentlemen
Tim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to beholdTim_Rocks is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovegirlzz View Post
i just want you to pop blood vessels
I think it's adorable that you actually think you'd have control over someones life from an online forum.

@ whoever neg rep'd me, plenty of people would pay me for Zach's servitude.
Old 03-05-2014, 03:24 PM
You guys are so dumb...
@Hated my comment about communism was referencing putting everyone on an even playing field getting rid of the merching aspect and just reward more for kills. I'm pretty sure the PK Ideas Thread had an abundance of ideas to increase player activity all while making money more enjoyable.

@Tim dude learn to read before you comment on anything even though I cant really blame you for not being able to pick up on sarcasm through the internet
Old 03-05-2014, 04:51 PM
a true gentlemen
Am I the only one posting serious comments?