Graal Forums  

Go Back   Graal Forums > Development Forums > NPC Scripting
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 01-05-2012, 05:16 AM
Alpho will become famous soon enough
change tiles temporary clientside?

I was just thinking, is it, in anyway possible, to temporary change a tile to something else, clientside, so only you could see it?
Old 01-05-2012, 05:31 AM
penguin.
Tolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the roughTolnaftate2004 is a jewel in the rough
Send a message via AIM to Tolnaftate2004
Modification of tiles or board, and updateboard clientside should be temporary.

Killa Be: when i got that locker in 6th grade the only thing in it was a picture of a midget useing a firehose :/
Old 01-06-2012, 10:00 AM
okay, but how would it be done?
Old 01-06-2012, 05:31 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpho View Post
okay, but how would it be done?
PHP Code:
tiles[xy] = TilesID;
updateboard(xywidthheight
Old 01-06-2012, 07:03 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
I can't get on and test it at the moment, but would assigning addtiledefs to certain accounts work too?
PHP Code:
if (player.account == "Graal772919") {

addtiledef("pics1.png""level_"0);

Last edited by Emera; 01-06-2012 at 08:52 PM..
Old 01-06-2012, 07:29 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emera View Post
I can't get on and test it at the moment, but would assigning addtiledefs to certain accounts work too?
PHP Code:
if (player.account == "Graal000000") {

//addtiledef

Sure. Why the heck not, anyway?
Old 01-06-2012, 08:27 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crow View Post
Sure. Why the heck not, anyway?
I believe he want's to change the actual tile not just the image.

While you can change the tiles clientside, they work like bush's. They will change back on there own in the same time a bush does.

I have been having problems getting tiles to change for everyone. But much success changing it the player making modification to the level..

So the answer. Yes you can.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:47 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Crow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond reputeCrow has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by scriptless View Post
I believe he want's to change the actual tile not just the image.
He was asking about tiledefs. I believe Emera knows what that is

Quote:
While you can change the tiles clientside, they work like bush's. They will change back on there own in the same time a bush does.
You must be doing something wrong. If you change bush tiles, sure, they might change back. Does not apply to most other tiles, though.
Old 01-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Delterian Hybrid
Emera is a jewel in the roughEmera is a jewel in the rough
Quote:
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not D:
Edit: my last post makes more sense now.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:07 PM
Banned
scriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to beholdscriptless is a splendid one to behold
Quote:

You must be doing something wrong. If you change bush tiles, sure, they might change back. Does not apply to most other tiles, though.
I ment when you cut a bush it grows back. If you change a tile clientside it changes back. If you edit the serveroptions to savelevel=true your tiles wont temperaily change they will just change.

Quote:
I was just thinking, is it, in anyway possible, to temporary change a tile to something else, clientside, so only you could see it?
He say's tiles, not tiledefs. .

I know what Emera ment, I was only saying changing a tiledef wont change walkable tiles to non-walkable and vise versa unless changing the tileset type.. like to what Era/GK use..
Old 01-06-2012, 09:31 PM
Yeah I want to change the tile to something, like lets say, where ever I click, it will turn into a Water tile, and I will be able to stand on it and I will start 'swimming'. And possibly be able to say /undo or something, and it will undo the changes.
-Just a thought.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
If you change a tile clientside it changes back.
No, it will not.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:52 PM
callimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to beholdcallimuc is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Yeah I want to change the tile to something, like lets say, where ever I click, it will turn into a Water tile, and I will be able to stand on it and I will start 'swimming'. And possibly be able to say /undo or something, and it will undo the changes.
-Just a thought.
It´s possible. Just read my post above.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:35 PM
Banned
Quote:
No, it will not.
Then you have savelevels=true. Because I was having this very problem on N-Pulse while scripting a shovel for them. When the server had an OLE for lats it casued tiles to not change back to origonal tiles. But with savelevels=false the tiles would only be changes for the amount of time that a bush would stay cut for.

Also savelevels=true stopped bush's from respawning alltogether. I had to constantly "updatelevel" to return bush's.
Old 01-06-2012, 10:37 PM
ǝɔɐɹq ʎןɹnɔ
Quote:
Then you have savelevels=true. Because I was having this very problem on N-Pulse while scripting a shovel for them. When the server had an OLE for lats it casued tiles to not change back to origonal tiles. But with savelevels=false the tiles would only be changes for the amount of time that a bush would stay cut for.

Also savelevels=true stopped bush's from respawning alltogether. I had to constantly "updatelevel" to return bush's.
The savelevels server option does not change the behavior of clientside tile changes at all.